Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Hawks. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:55 am
Post subject: Game Day. Pies v. Hawks. Late changes, comments.Reply with quote

Today. MCG. 4.35

Collingwood v. Hawthorn.

Team.

IN: Ash Johnson, Bobby Hill.

OUT: Mason Cox (Omitted), Oleg Markov (Omitted), Will Hoskin-Elliott (Sub).

EMERGENCIES: Billy Frampton, Jack Ginnivan, Oleg Markov, Mason Cox.

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased with the changes, sharpen up the attack no end now. Be good to squeeze in Jack Ginni, Frampton somehow. The Dawks are not a shadow of the team of few seasons back, that gave us hell, Hodge. Mitchell, Rioli, Burgoyne, Roughead etc, this Dawk team bit inexperienced. Only two players concern me that erratic Sicily, and Luke Bruest, who is a really damn fine goal kicker, can boot 4 goals in one qtr, has been knows too. Both of them must be closely monitored. I reckon they will have a go for bout 2 and a bit qtrs, then we will put the pedal to the floor, and roll over them, as the Saints did last week. We had our loss we had to have last week, the wake up call, now we have woken up good and proper. Woods by 37+ points.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:05 am

This is a critical match for the Magpies.

Four rounds out from finals, it is a really good chance to redeem our scoring patterns from earlier in 2023.

Our forward line looks more potent with Johnson and Hill returning.

I will be interested to see how Cameron goes, one-out, in the ruck.

If I were McRae, I would play Nick Daicos off half back this week; give the lad a break from the tag and run a Lipinski/Adams/Mitchell type more time in the middle.

The hardest roles today are the Sicily opponent and the Breust opponent as outlined above.

I would certainly play Mihocek on Sicily and get him to engage physically 100% of the time. I am not fussed if Mihocek doesn't kick a bag as long as he quells the output of the brilliant Hawk.

I think Quaynor gets first dibs on Breust. Quaynor has taken his game to a new level in 2023 and I trust him to contain Breust.

The Hawks have some very good mids, but I trust our guys (De Goey, Pendles, Sidebottom, Mitchell, Adams, Josh Daicos, Lipinski, Hill, Crisp, ) to get the job done on the inside today.

A win today essentially secures a top two gig and a home final, week One of finals.

After that, let us hope we earn a Home prelim- from that point, it will be in our hands to close out what has been an incredible ride in 2023.

It all begins at 4-35 today.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:14 am

And another great match time for the leading team in the comp....4:35, what a shocker

4 points and no injuries will satisfy me

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:14 am

I'm very interested in our forwards today.
Ash, Checkers and Mcstay are three tall forwards with different styles and strengths. Jamie and Bobby good small forwards.
Add in a resting Adams and overall we should kick plenty.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:28 am

We have done incredibly well so far, largely on the back of our defensive brilliance, particularly in the first half of the season when Naicos was running off half back. To my mind, the only part of our line-up that has somewhat struggled to perform consistently well, has been our forward line. A month out from the finals we still seem a bit unsettled there. I like the inclusions of Johnson and Hill, and I've come to appreciate why we were so keen to recruit McStay. Hopefully, they fire against the Dorks and begin to gel as a forward set up over the next few weeks.

Pies by 42 pts.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:51 am

RudeBoy wrote:
To my mind, the only part of our line-up that has somewhat struggled to perform consistently well, has been our forward line.

I’m probably more critical of the midfield. Hard to score when you get smacked at contest and clearance like more increasingly have through the middle of the season - coincidentally it’s got worse as we have got out ruck stocks back…

I know the forwards weee wasteful last week - but I am firmly focussed on the midfield being able to a) win it and b) be able to get it from the back to the front. I think oir forwards can get it done if they get enough supply.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:40 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Pleased with the changes, sharpen up the attack no end now. Be good to squeeze in Jack Ginni, Frampton somehow. The Dawks are not a shadow of the team of few seasons back, that gave us hell, Hodge. Mitchell, Rioli, Burgoyne, Roughead etc, this Dawk team bit inexperienced. Only two players concern me that erratic Sicily, and Luke Bruest, who is a really damn fine goal kicker, can boot 4 goals in one qtr, has been knows too. Both of them must be closely monitored. I reckon they will have a go for bout 2 and a bit qtrs, then we will put the pedal to the floor, and roll over them, as the Saints did last week. We had our loss we had to have last week, the wake up call, now we have woken up good and proper. Woods by 37+ points.

I have noticed on a few occasions, your want to "Squeeze" Ginnivan into the team P & C. I'd be interested to know just where and more importantly,WHY?? apart from a pretty good game 2 weeks ago in the 2's, he has done nothing, and reinforced his inability to chase or tackle or back up. Who would he displace as a small forward?/Elliot? Hill? He is miles ahead of him. Adams?? He's harder than a cats head and is ferocious in the packs. Surely you can't think he is somehow a mid field replacement for who?? I'm afraid that the only way back for Ginny is if their is a major injury toll at the club. I doubt he will be there next year and particularly if they want to keep Macrae and Reef.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:11 am

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I have noticed on a few occasions, your want to "Squeeze" Ginnivan into the team P & C. I'd be interested to know just where and more importantly,WHY?? apart from a pretty good game 2 weeks ago in the 2's, he has done nothing, and reinforced his inability to chase or tackle or back up. Who would he displace as a small forward?/Elliot? Hill? He is miles ahead of him. Adams?? He's harder than a cats head and is ferocious in the packs. Surely you can't think he is somehow a mid field replacement for who?? I'm afraid that the only way back for Ginny is if their is a major injury toll at the club. I doubt he will be there next year and particularly if they want to keep Macrae and Reef.

Always appreciate your opinions Mudlark but I think Ginny is only one good performance away from senior selection. We need his type of goal kicking nous in the finals. I’m in the camp that says both he and Hill can play in the same team. Anyway as usual I defer to McRae to make the decision.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:20 am

warburton lad wrote:
This is a critical match for the Magpies.

Four rounds out from finals, it is a really good chance to redeem our scoring patterns from earlier in 2023.

Our forward line looks more potent with Johnson and Hill returning.

I will be interested to see how Cameron goes, one-out, in the ruck.

If I were McRae, I would play Nick Daicos off half back this week; give the lad a break from the tag and run a Lipinski/Adams/Mitchell type more time in the middle.

The hardest roles today are the Sicily opponent and the Breust opponent as outlined above.

I would certainly play Mihocek on Sicily and get him to engage physically 100% of the time. I am not fussed if Mihocek doesn't kick a bag as long as he quells the output of the brilliant Hawk.

I think Quaynor gets first dibs on Breust. Quaynor has taken his game to a new level in 2023 and I trust him to contain Breust.

The Hawks have some very good mids, but I trust our guys (De Goey, Pendles, Sidebottom, Mitchell, Adams, Josh Daicos, Lipinski, Hill, Crisp, ) to get the job done on the inside today.

A win today essentially secures a top two gig and a home final, week One of finals.

After that, let us hope we earn a Home prelim- from that point, it will be in our hands to close out what has been an incredible ride in 2023.

It all begins at 4-35 today.

Great post Lad. I too would play ND out of half back with occasional moves into the midfield. We’ve missed his run and delivery from the hb line and as we near finals it’s going to get pretty brutal in the middle. Not sure a 20 year old, even the Messiah, should deal with it.

I want to see a bit more out of JDG too. He’s been good but we need to see great.

I’m giving Lipi some slack coming back from injury but he needs to start bringing it too.

Pies by 36

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:45 am

Sicily is our biggest issue. We can’t afford to allow him to do to us, what our intercept machine (Moore, Murphy, Howe & Quaynor) does to other teams. Delivery into the forward 50 will be key. We have so many marking forward options in Mihocek, McStay, Elliott and Hill, one or more of them will need to be making dummy leads at different times. Whoever Sicily is on is we’re we CAN’T kick the ball to. Kicking to grass will be a better option than kicking to the Sicily match up.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:11 pm

^^^
Last week the Saints kept Sicily out of the contest by blocking him any access to the marking contest. Sharman was instructed to play in front of him ( still with touch ) and sacrifice his game by not allowing Sicily a run at the ball. We may do that or we may simply back ourselves to kick around Sicily on the way in. You can have all the tactics you want but none of them stand for much if you are getting beaten in the midfield or aren’t applying at least as much pressure as the opposition.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:11 pm

Same just want a clinical easy win today.

Lead at all changes.

Kick goals and kick more goals.

I want a comprehesive win. Say around 41 points.

And of course no injuries.

Bank the 4 points and the win and move onto the cats next friday night.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:41 pm

Will Day is a emerging talent for the Hawks too. Need to clamp his influence. Also people on here seem to only be talking about Bruest. Young bloke named Mitchell Lewis who tends to kick plenty against us.

Pies should win, but we have to rock up and play four decent quaters.

rosspies 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:43 pm

I really hope we start to improve our kickin efficiency. For most of the year we always kick long past the 50m mark and put us under pressure early. I know Fly wants quick football, but occasionally a short kick to someone free other than a 50/50 might be a good alternative.

A stress free win is a must as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: