Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL.com.au Video Replay - what an excellent service ;)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen's Birthday. The perfect opportunity for someone as deranged as the Calendar Man to strike. Fortunately, knowing him as I do, I foresaw this coming and took steps accordingly, including changing the time and date function on my PlayStation 3 to June 9th a day early.

I guess he'll just have to wait until Halloween...

While examining his cell at Arkham, I found amongst his collection of calendars one yearly planner in particular with a familiar format of writing scribbled across some of the pages. It was yet another sample of this letters and numbers gibberish that has been following me around like a shadow for the last couple of months. Which is an unusual experience, seeing as I'm the one who usually does the following like a shadow from the shadows thing.

Here's what I found. Now, to reset the PlayStation's time and date back to the correct day again...

http://win-cdn220-is-10.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/759105/MELB_V_COLL_RD-2048-750822416.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-10.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/759106/MELB_V_COLL_RD-2048-752274404.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-10.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/759107/MELB_V_COLL_RD-2048-755585540.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-10.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/759295/MELB_V_COLL_RD-2048-811584450.mp4

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:19 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
MagpieBat!! Where are you in our hour of need....?!?

Patrolling the streets of Gotham. Laughing...

And us citizens of Gotham sleep soundly in our beds at night, safe in the knowledge that the Dark Knight will watch over us. Wink

But MagpieBat, I have a question... based on yesterday's farcical umpiring display, do you think arch-maggot#28 Troy Pannell might really be The Joker? Shocked

Dyso

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks again for this I was working and missed the first quarter watched it today!
Love your work!!

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:07 pm

piedys wrote:
And us citizens of Gotham sleep soundly in our beds at night, safe in the knowledge that the Dark Knight will watch over us. Wink

I'm a silent guardian. A watchful protector. I am vengeance. I am the night. I am... well, you get the idea. Smile Cool

piedys wrote:
But MagpieBat, I have a question... based on yesterday's farcical umpiring display, do you think arch-maggot#28 Troy Pannell might really be The Joker? Shocked
Dyso

He certainly is a clown, Dyso.

But The Joker? Hmm, depends on which portrayal you mean. The giggling prankster of Cesar Romero (needs a moustache caked over with white makeup)? The suave, sociopathic killer of Jack Nicholson (needs a longer revolver)? The anarchic, psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic terrorist with zero empathy of Heath Ledger (needs more pencils and nurse uniforms)? Or the outstanding, definitive portrayal of Mark Hamill (DCAU or Arkham franchise, doesn't matter which)?

But like all versions of The Joker, Pannell certainly has a very punch-able face...

"Prior opportunity".

Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Oops. Too much data.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:12 pm

piedys wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Dyso

He's patrolling the streets of Gotham all right.

http://www.gotham-city.com.au/

Razz

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:27 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:
MagpieBat, I have a question... based on yesterday's farcical umpiring display, do you think arch-maggot#28 Troy Pannell might really be The Joker? Shocked
Dyso

He certainly is a clown, Dyso.

But The Joker? Hmm, depends on which portrayal you mean. The giggling prankster of Cesar Romero (needs a moustache caked over with white makeup)? The suave, sociopathic killer of Jack Nicholson (needs a longer revolver)? The anarchic, psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic terrorist with zero empathy of Heath Ledger (needs more pencils and nurse uniforms)? Or the outstanding, definitive portrayal of Mark Hamill (DCAU or Arkham franchise, doesn't matter which)?

But like all versions of The Joker, Pannell certainly has a very punch-able face...

"Prior opportunity"

Agreed caped crusader, arch arse-clown at that.
All those portrayals suit his current demeanour.

And when he eventually awarded the pies a free kick, i then responded in the manor below, refer url...

http://giphy.com/search/joker-clap

stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

He's patrolling the streets of Gotham all right.

http://www.gotham-city.com.au/

Razz

Oh, and when MagpieBat, you should encounter the Catwoman in her Michelle Pfeiffer costume, I would like to... err... get an .mp4 clip of this particular episode if that's okay... Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:07 pm

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:44 pm

MagpieBat... we are putting up the Bat-signal for your .mp4 assistance... hint-hint...
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Bane.

The very mention of his name sends a cold aching down my spine and triggers memories of cheap stunts to grab the attention of dwindling comic book readers in the mid-90s. So I know what to expect when I see this particular fixture.

Battling Bane is always a challenge, but when he starts pumping that juice into his system, he trades superhuman strength and exaggerated musculature for mobility and speed. So the tactic simply becomes the business of jumping out of his way when he starts charging at me and to let the Laws of Motion do the rest when there's a brick wall behind.

That being said, there's only so many times you can allow a monster to plough headlong into a brick wall before the chamber in which you are duelling him threatens to collapse. So in the end, I just hit him with my car (that remote control function is THE best thing ever invented. EVER!). Bane was neutralised very effectively. The Batmobile's a write-off, though.

As the Arkham riot squad moved in, he started hurling what I initially thought was abuse in his native Spanish, but a closer listen revealed that it was actually (you guessed it) yet more of this recurring letters and numbers gibberish.

Here's what Bane said, in four neatly digestible packages. Now, I need to call my mechanic and talk to him about building a new car...

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761049/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1260547411.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761062/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1262735514.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761073/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1265900898.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761086/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1269361333.mp4

Last edited by MagpieBat on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:08 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Bane.

The very mention of his name sends a cold aching down my spine and triggers memories of cheap stunts to grab the attention of dwindling comic book readers in the mid-90s. So I know what to expect when I see this particular fixture.

Battling Bane is always a challenge, but when he starts pumping that juice into his system, he trades superhuman strength and exaggerated musculature for mobility and speed. So the tactic simply becomes the business of jumping out of his way when he starts charging at you and to let the Laws of Motion do the rest when there's a brick wall behind you.

That being said, there's only so many times you can allow a monster to plough headlong into a brick wall before the chamber in which you are duelling him threatens to collapse. So in the end, I just him at with my car (that remote control function is THE best thing ever invented. EVER!). Bane was neutralised very effectively. The Batmobile's a write-off, though.

As the Arkham riot squad moved in, he started hurling what I initially thought was abuse in his native Spanish, but a closer listen revealed that it was actually (you guessed it) yet more of this recurring letters and numbers gibberish.

Here's what Bane said, in four neatly digestible packages. Now, I need to call my mechanic and talk to him about building a new car...

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761049/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1260547411.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761062/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1262735514.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761073/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1265900898.mp4

http://win-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc6264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release_geo/content/Sifo/2/2015-06/761086/COLL_V_GWS_RD-2048-1269361333.mp4

Mere words are insufficient to describe the deep esteem & admiration I have for you. I believe a nomination for Australian of the Year is in order. (I'll just go & take my lithium carbonate) Wink

Arise Sir Magpie Bat!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:11 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Bane...

Bah.. how I loathe Bane like Hayden Ballantyne. Both annoying parasites.
Nice work on securing this Bane files...

MagpieBat wrote:
Now, I need to call my mechanic and talk to him about building a new car......

Is Alfred on annual leave? No seriously, WTF does he do all day?
I'd be delegating this task to him, pronto.
And if you get stuck, I know a guy who has this contact at Wayne Enterprises... might be able to do something for ya... heh heh...

Dyso

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Ugh. I don't know, but I am sure he could if he wanted to.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm

piedys wrote:
And if you get stuck, I know a guy who has this contact at Wayne Enterprises... might be able to do something for ya... heh heh...

Dyso

The butler spends his day dusting the manor, stitching me up, repairing my suit, driving me around to my day job, cooking the meals, tending to my equipment, preparing my alibis and cleaning up the guano from around the cave, amongst other things. He's also getting on a bit in years, so I try to manage his workload.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:50 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:

Dyso

The butler spends his day dusting the manor, stitching me up, repairing my suit, driving me around to my day job, cooking the meals, tending to my equipment, preparing my alibis and cleaning up the guano from around the cave, amongst other things. He's also getting on a bit in years, so I try to manage his workload.

Apologies to Alfred; Seems I misunderstood his job-description, and lumped him in the Jarryd Blair category.... my bad... Surprised

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 59 of 97   

Jump to: