Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match v Bloose...all comments here thanks.......

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Been travelling this week - Maxwell is a good inclusion. Did not see last week so cannot comment on Lonie being out but if he only played a third then its a bit rough.

Would have thought King/J.Cloke would be in though so was expecting Williams and OBree to miss.

To win this game they need to shut down 4 players;

Tag Lappin off the HB flank - suggest Burns
Stop Camporeale getting footy in the corridor - suggest Johnson
Stop Stevens at the stoppages - Licuria for me
Push Whitnall down the ground by running off him - suggest Clement

Offensively - run Tarrant around HF and have Walker and Rocca running back to FF - exploit their lack of height (this is also why Lonie should be playing for me)
Drop a man in front of Fevola (this is why Cloke should have played). As North showed if Fevola gets cutt off they do not know who to kick to.

So - my game plan would be to push numbers into the middle for Clement/ Morrison to kick over and release Davis, Rowe to run onto and deliver to 4 man fwd line (Walker, Rocca, Tarrant and Cara)

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:20 pm

10 goal first qtr for the Pies. Ant and Taz on fire.Caracella to kick 6. 1.Rowey getting leather poisoning. Fierce tackling and direct footy. Kicking goals out of our posteriors. Steeley determination and never say die attitude. Pride and belief in their abilities, no second guessing. Silky foot skills. Keeping possesion in forward line.........I'd like to see that!!!This isnt just a game guys, this IS war. Our fiercest enemy, pleeeeeeeze guys, do us proud and wipe the filth.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:22 pm

Oh yeah, and I also forsee several cool cleansing ales being swilled in celebration of a Collingwood 8 goal win.
Seth 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:54 pm

Why is Williams and O'Bree still in there. We aren't travelling that well apparently that we only need 1 change.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:41 pm

obree did alrite last week but FFS someone go to training and break william's leg cause thats the only way his ever going to be dropped.
Nothing against williams just that we supporters should help out MM in his hour of need and guide him in the right direction.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:31 pm

skaman wrote:
10 goal first qtr for the Pies. Ant and Taz on fire.Caracella to kick 6. 1.Rowey getting leather poisoning. Fierce tackling and direct footy. Kicking goals out of our posteriors. Steeley determination and never say die attitude. Pride and belief in their abilities, no second guessing. Silky foot skills. Keeping possesion in forward line.........I'd like to see that!!!This isnt just a game guys, this IS war. Our fiercest enemy, pleeeeeeeze guys, do us proud and wipe the filth.

sounds good to me! It's nice to dream
melissa Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:40 am

I agree, I can't understand Williams being kept in at the expense of Lonie, who is one of our most accurate kicks at goal, is tall and can run. How is a bloke supposed to gain confidence if he starts on the bench, stays there for 70% of the match, and keeps being wasted in the backline, instead of on a wing, where he is a natural? (not to mention being dropped the next week?) His long kicks will hit Cara and Walker on the chest so it's insane dropping him. As for Johnson, he reportedly has the dubious honour of being the player with the most clangers so far. What happened to the form of '04?
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:21 am

Does every thread have to degenerate into a Malthouse/Williams bashing thread?

Williams had a good pre-season and the MATCH COMMITEE obviously feels that form warrants persisting with him. Personally I disagree, but does it constitute an excuse for abusing our coach & players like a bunch of Richmond supporters? Is this how we support our team?

Come on guys, keep it together! I cant imagine Willo will stay in the team if he fails this week, and if he is dropped it will probably be difficult for him to get another game with big names returning soon, whereas Lones is a talented kid and probably the best kick in the league. He'll be back for sure.

Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll all be too busy celebrating a big win over the Filth to worry about such details!

Go Pies!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:06 am

His best game last year was probably Carlton Round 22 so maybe thats why he is playing.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:09 am

Today's the day the team stands up to be counted this season!!!

If we win, we have a real chance of getting our season back on track, and a real chance to square the ledger next week!

We lose, and it will be a tough, tough road ahead with mounting pressure!

Pies by 1 point in a thriller!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:04 pm

A must win game for the season irrespective of where we end up.

Malthouse has plenty in the bank for my mine BUT, I just hope he makes the moves before it becomes too late. Can't agree with you Dave86 on your options for fevola. I love Presti he's a good honest toiler but he's no match for fevola's speed, if he's left there to "make amends" as the game wears on, fev will kick 10 and we will be smashed. We'd be better of with Taz on fevola and Presti at FF. Clement on fev, Wakes on whitnall.

I think we'd be better suited with a massively open forward line, hell play two loose men in defence, and have some crumbers around to get what Taz and Ant don't grab.

Even though just one game, a win here will give us a huge boost.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:33 pm

Yes and a win today keeps us in real contention with teams like geelong and possibly the saints only on the 1 win and 2 losses. Brisbane and port and freo and sydney will all have to work hard to win. Losses to any of these 4 would result in them been 2 losses to round 3. Brisbane is playign sydney so one will be only on 1 win. Competition is so close, a win could turn everything.
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:12 pm

We will win.................Hopefully

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:37 am

35forever wrote:
Does every thread have to degenerate into a Malthouse/Williams bashing thread?

Williams had a good pre-season and the MATCH COMMITEE obviously feels that form warrants persisting with him. Personally I disagree, but does it constitute an excuse for abusing our coach & players like a bunch of Richmond supporters? Is this how we support our team?

He proved his worth yesterday, BUT we are allowed to give our opinions. Not unfairly, of course, but still if we believe a player should be dropped...Ben Kinnear is a prime example of this!

Quote:

And SOS, can we PLEASE stop with the 'sack Malthouse' stuff? No such decision will be made no matter how bad we go, because NO ONE is dumb enough to dump the coach after round 3!

Unbelieveably, there was one side who was stupid enough to sack their coach early - Footscray back in 1993(?) with Terry Wheeler losing his spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: