Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match v Bloose...all comments here thanks.......

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:

And SOS, can we PLEASE stop with the 'sack Malthouse' stuff? No such decision will be made no matter how bad we go, because NO ONE is dumb enough to dump the coach after round 3!

Has that ever happened?

I reckon Bitchmond would be dumb enough.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:52 am

One thing about this week. If Anthony Rocca can't get the footy for whatever reason, most likely delivery. Can he start throwing his body around and intimidate a few of those poo players. For every bloke he crushes it's worth a goal.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:10 am

Collingwood by 19 points.

I'm not completely happy with the selected side, as I'd certainly have dropped Williams but would have given Lonie another chance, as he's a very good, talented player simply having a short, bad trot (unlike Williams, who is never going to amount to much).

However, we have a very settled backline and Maxwell will only add to its strength, therefore, I think we have the ability to shut down Carlton's forward line. The danger will be, as it was the case last year, Fevola. In their 3rd round win, it was Fevola who kept them in touch at 3/4 time. Therefore, the key is to shut him down completely, double-teaming him with Wakes and Jimmy if necessary, and restrict Carlton's options.

As always, the question becomes can WE score enough goals to win? If Tarrant plays further out than usual and Walker props himself in the goalsquare (and stays there for the whole flippin' game), the answer is "Yes". Instead of going 10-15, we are more than capable of going 15-10 or better and Carlton lack their key defenders, so we may never get a better opportunity. Blake Caracella has added a large amount of quality into the forward line, just as we expected he would, and I hope he goes on from last week's performance.

Provided Benny Johnson plays in the middle and Malthouse rotates him and guys like Shaw and Leon in there as well in order to add some pace to the grunt of Licuria and Burns, then we should win far more than our fair share of the ball. I'm not an O'Bree fan but, if he lines up on a wing with Rowe on the other, we'll certainly have a pacy centreline.

More than anything, though, we need to see the guys stand up and make a physical statement (purely within the rules, natch) like Johnno's crunching of Goodwin last week. Cloke will surely do that, as can Rocca, and Maxwell will take no prisoners on the backline, either. I dare say that if anyone is foolish enough to get between Walker and the ball that they will soon discover that's not smart, either!

Stand Proud!

'Pies by 19 in a cracker of a match.

magpie meg Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:37 pm

Please, Please, Please can we beat the scum. I cant get to the game on sat and am going to a 21st that night were most are carrlton supporters and i need bragging rights!!!!!! (but i will get to watch it - thank god otherwise i think i wouyld kill someone!!!) and i want to be able to feel like we are going somewhere. Beating carlton after those 2 heartbreaking lossed last year would make my year, and make collingwood's season as there is nothing like some good old riviarly and a hard fought win to reignite the fire in our boys bellies!!!!!
Extremely glad that our sponsered player has finally got a guernsy as he is a player for the future!!!! His hardness at the ball will be a great addition to the team and as much as i love lonie he doesnt quite have the hardness that we need for such a much needed game (im not saying that we is crap cause his skills are better than half the side - but with him lacking confidence we need maxwell and for lonie to get his confidence back by starring at willy!!!)

The finisher (carrocella) was fantasic and the fact that we have a class act that can finish i think will be the difference against carlton, as their side is full of misfits and hacks that we shoud grind into the dirt and remind them that they are CRAP!!!!!!!

Ok well they do have some non-hacks (fev, stevens and kouta) but thats not the point i want us to go out there and KILL THEM Evil or Very Mad (legally of course) Instil fear and we will come out victors.

Pies to win by 13 points.

K- Man Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:49 pm

Injury continues to trouble Tarrant

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse has conceded full-forward Chris Tarrant is still suffering the affects of a knee injury.

Tarrant did not participate in team drills at the Magpies' training this afternoon, preferring to have goalkicking practice.

Malthouse said he was hoping Tarrant would improve in the next few weeks.

"His only worry is representing the side as best he can," Malthouse said.

"He is not as right as he has been at various stages during his career but we expect that, as time goes on, he'll get better."
Two_Pies Capricorn

Dougie Barwick tough as nails !!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:04 pm

Heard Burnsy on the radio - steely determination to improve. Said the boys were on the improve and not far away. Looking at the last two games you could see that by the end we were coming good but were let down by a poor first half. Now this is the week to string a whole game together and play for each other with purpose and resolve.

Beat the blues !!

Pies in a close one by 5.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:09 pm

Romeo said I questions and I evade them or give answers he did not ask I for.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:25 pm

I hope we flog 'em. I have blind faith in this. So I have tipped us to win. Though our records since 1990 has been appalling against them. Something like 8 to 16 in their favour.

Surely they are not up to two good games in a row! Surely we can not play as bad as we have in the first two rounds.

I hope they do it for us.

Two_Pies Capricorn

Dougie Barwick tough as nails !!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:36 pm

Heard Burnsy on the radio - steely determination to improve. Said the boys were on the improve and not far away. Looking at the last two games you could see that by the end we were coming good but were let down by a poor first half. Now this is the week to string a whole game together and play for each other with purpose and resolve.

Beat the blues !!

Pies in a close one by 5.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:41 pm

where'nt happy with your first effort
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:41 pm

if we do not let loose man in our forward line, us by 5
Brett 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:21 pm

Pride in themselves the jumper and the club will do it everytime Woods by 11 points in the most important match for the club since the away final against port in 2002. Please Please win!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clokey 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:23 pm

I forsee Pies by 30.

If nothing else from the last games we led them both in the fourth quater.
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:57 pm

I foresee 6 bundies and a couple of beers
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:01 pm

I foresee Dutchy punching on with Camporeale again. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: