Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

That Was The season That Was?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:32 am
Post subject: That Was The season That Was?Reply with quote

We needed to win today...we didn't. We're right back in the pack which means we will have to win at least 12 or 13 and finish with a big percentage....Looking at our run home and our performances over the last 2 weeks, Is that season that was? We have just made it at least 10 times harder for ourselves! I don't know what to think, I just hope our usual run of consecutive losses hasn't reared it's ugly head. I want to believe and have faith as much as anything that we are a genuine chance, but I keep experiencing de javu!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so hard to come away from games like that and even remember the earlier days this year when we were hot. But I think we have to really try to remember. We know we're so much better than the last 2 matches. I think we're so much better than anyone expected us to be at this stage. There'll be games like that, but there'll also be those Port games that lift our spirits higher than we ever could have thought would happen this year.

Maybe I'm very supportive and forgiving of the team this week because I just spent the day sitting next to 2 old pricks who bagged us all day. And nothing gets my blood boiling more than listening to Collingwood "supporters" (???) call Bucks a dud! I told them they should be barracking for Richmond.

Anyway, it was a bad day, but I still have faith in the Pies. I was glad to see Didak and Hill having a go. It's good to see we can still throw the young ones in.

Roll on next week! LET'S PUMP THOSE HAWKS! Let's show them that the inevitable bubble was always going to burst.

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:58 am

The season ain't over till it's over!

Hang in there Magpie people, our boys need all the more support.

Collingwood Forever.

Go Pies!

Carol

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 2:30 pm

yep, thats right! the season ain't over till its over!

the great number 17
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 3:50 pm

We are in the 8. Thats more than 8 other teams can say.
It's a tough ask to beat a few of the upcoming teams, but that's what footys about.
Don't forget, at the start of the season how many of us predicted a finals berth? To still be within reach is a great achievement. To get there will be an even greater one.

-Craig

FAITH

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:10 pm

If I was a pessimist I'd say I could almost feel the splinters under our fingernails as we precariously hold on to our top 8 position on the ladder! BUT I'm the ultimate optimist where our boys are concerned so I have great faith in our fantastic team and I know there are plenty more exciting times to come - and that's including this season!

This time last year (or even the year before that) I would never have dreamt we'd spend nearly a whole season in the eight - so this is awesome stuff! It was a disappointing match today - another one where we had our chances to win but at least we know our guys never give up and we'll give every team between now and the finals a run for their money!

GO PIES!

Marg

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:19 pm

I agree Mags today was a crunch game and we came up short. I know we will beat Hawthorn easy but our finals spot will come down to the last game against north.

I just have one question :

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 16 July 2001).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:33 pm

Tell us what she said JLC.
Let us be the judge (and jury?)

-Craig

FAITH

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:54 pm

LOL LOL LOL.........I ONLY ASKED THE QUESTION.........DONT YOU READ ALL HER POSTS.........LIKE THEY ARE ALL SO SUCKY.......

TARKYN LOCKYER HAS TO BE THE MOST UNDER RATED PLAYER EVER.....THE GUY IS JUST A GUN AND NEVER MISSES A GOAL UNDER PRESSURE...........

APA

MAGPIEMANIA 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:21 pm

JLC HAVE U EVER READ BACK YOUR POSTS NOW THAT IS THE BIGGEST SHIT TALKER IVE READ ... AND REMEMBER BOY TO MUCH TOSSING IS BAD FOR YOUR EYE SIGHT

THE CLIMB TO THE TOP

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:52 pm

u r too funny magpie mania..........

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 7:46 pm

The next 4 games are all very winnable. Our season is still very much alive. The injuries are becoming a real worry.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Brisbane game. We were comprehensively robbed by some of the worst umpiring we've had all year. Brisbane are nothing. We will kill them in the finals.

**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 8:13 pm

Yeah folks, keep the chin up. We have our destiny in our own hands. If we are good enough, we get there. Long way to go yet!

Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 2:36 am

Exactly London Dave, you can throw a blanket over teams 2-12, any one of these can make the finals. It will be essendon v any one of these teams. The comp is so even these days that it comes down to who ever is mentally and physically switched "on", on the day. the richmond, bulldogs, hawthorn, carlton and kangaroos are all winable. the freo game is a gimmee, and the essendon is most likely a loss. so we have a good chance as any other team positioned 2-12.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 6:50 am

Alf - what new drugs are you taking? They seem to have converted your prism of darkness into rose-coloured glasses.

I'd forgotten about the imminent return of the human hamstring. If he holds together (can we all chip in for some stronger gaffer-tape?) then maybe there is a hope....

Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: