Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Betheras out of the side.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:35 pm
Post subject: Betheras out of the side.Reply with quote

Why is what comes to mind. It was a hard job agaist geelong for him without our other key players...but he did ok i thought...!

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 4:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. The match up of Roooooop on Biz was a joke and so much not his position. Why not play Tarks in the ruck this week, it is almost as logical. At least Roooooop was left on the ground for most of the match. The bench warmers eg Lane and those that played crap in their standard position should be dropped first.

It looks like the untouchables remain so, regardless of how badly they continue to play, while the fringe dwelers are kicked out at the first chance. I haven't actually seen the team selection this for this week, but if Kinnear (who has great potential, but) and Presti haven't been dropped as well then it is a major travesty. We are too close to actually making the finals this year to give potentials a go.

Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:02 am

I think you'll find that Roop will be back in because they also named Johnno who is now obviously a spectator for a couple. Just have to wait and see who actually plays though.

Collingwood is Coming!!
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 6:41 am

Drop Presti? Dont be silly

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 8:36 am

I, too, was stunned at Betheras' omission. He's been very good, apart from last week.

Broadie
Legga 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:10 am

I reckon it was a bit of smokescreen, because the likelihood was that BJ was going for at least one, and there were a couple of fitness test to be done, so although Rupp didn't have a good one last week, he would be stiff to miss out. He's been pretty good in the last couple of weeks. The other consideration is match ups. Who will Rupp play on if he's in the team?The Bears are pretty quick in the mid-field and forward line, and he's not overly blessed with pace, so it may be a difficult decision for MM to play him in defence, with no obvious match up.
I'm certainly looking forward to Chad, possibly Didak and Andrew Hill playing. This guy Andrew Hill seems to pretty fair.

michy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 6:35 am

Putting rups on bizz was just pathetic, i don't think that rupert can play in that position. Exactly, rups palys one bad game and he's out, he does a way better job then lane, half the time.
Mick, what the hell r u doing.
love michy

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 7:44 am

I think Rupert gets treated very harshly. Firstly Rupert gets played out of position to often due to weaknesses in our team. Ruperts best position is in the midfield. Too often Rupert has to play down back and gives away a lot of height to his opponent. Rupert is one of the players who gives 110% every week and never shirks a contest.

I have every confidence that Rupert will bounce back in the coming weeks and will return to the seniors

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
The room service guy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:08 am

JLC, I've never seen truer words written. I think we need a player like Rup in the midfield who is prepared to get in and under and win the hard ball. We weren't hard enough at the ball from what i heard on the radio and saw on the replay. Rup is just a star!!!!! I hope he gets another chance real soon cos he deserves it. But who else in the team could've played on bizz? Poor Rup!!!!!!!!

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: