Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I know everyone will chuck a spaz @ me but...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 7:36 am
Post subject: I know everyone will chuck a spaz @ me but...Reply with quote

OK
i'm sorry to say this but i thought i should say sumfin to sum1

ok ppl's no offense ok? i luv the cwood team, BUT( there is always a BUT) ever since the Melbourne game Tarrant hasn't been playing up to... his usual game standards, missing easy goals,
dropping easy marks....... etc
And he has been doin this for wks, so he's not just having ONE bad day, sooooo my question is, if u have TUCKEY playing SOOO well, his best football for his CAREER, kicking AT LEAST 4 goals a match.

Tuckey can play just as well as Tarrant, there is NO comparison
He can take Marks just as well as Tarrant
Can Kick goals, as many and as well as chrissy tarrant

Tuckey is more capable of ATTACKING for the ball, whereas Tarrant can't really do that as well as his marking and goaling

Now tell me this wouldn't happen, if a Willi player came into the coll senior side and didn't have a good day, and played bad, he would prob be put back in the Willi side rite? So if Tarrant has had SO many chances and yet still isn't performing to his top, y would u not put Tuckey in for him, let Tarrant sort himself out?

If its a mental thing for cwood... like "omg tarrant isn't playing, we're gonna lose" then y not put both in? and SEE how Tuckey does, keep Tarrant on the bench and if Tuckey doesn't perform that well, then put him on

OK i will stop my dragging on, i think u get my pt

See Ya Guyz

Pies 4 eva

GOOD LUCK ON SUNDAY, KICK SOME USUAL BUTT!!
Luv da 1 da only da @sh "Licuria"

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 8:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That logic is not even worth responding to.

Tarrant has more talent (and shown it) in his right pinkie than Tuckey has in his whole body.

Tarrant attacks the ball far better at senior level, adn even when beaten has been kicking 2 or 3 a game, with his opponent not having a dramatic effect on the game. When Tuckey has played senior footy, that has not been the case.

I know Tarrant has had a few poor games of late, but what on EARTH would possess you to make such an incredibly bad call?

Broadie
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:31 am

im glad someones finally opened their eyes and noticed hes playing half as good as he could be. i know you all love tazz but admit it, he could be playing so much better with a tad more effort!

Legga 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:41 am

Everytime Tuckey has played in the seniors he has looked out of his depth. Tazz has gone from getting the 2nd or 3rd best defender, to now getting the best. I also think that with his pace, he's more of a mobile type half forward than a Full Forward. Anyway, no-one in there right mind could justify Tazz getting dropped, so who goes for Tuckey to come in? If we have Tazz, Rocca, Jarrod, and Fraser all in the forward line, then Tuckey goes in there it's a hell of a tall forward line, and we need good quality crumbers more than height up there.
I would love to see Tuckey getting mire of a go, but he hasn't come on like we all would have hoped, and so he may fall by the wayside, to the better players coming in.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:43 am

Tuckey has had chances and as much as i really like the guy he probably wont be at collingwood next year and that is the cold hard fact and thats football.

Tarrant is a superstar so LAY off.

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 9:51 am

ok.... all i'd like to say is:

THANX to the tarkyn fan, u rock, ur the only one who agreed wit me

To every1 else, soz but thats just how i c it

And MAGPIE JOFFA, i relise that tucks will be gone next yr, but he hasn't been given a go, so y else would he be dropped?

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 12:05 pm

I actually tend to agree with bits of your logic too @shLicuria. I would like to see Tuckey get more of a go (ie. two games in a row). There is too much pressure on the kid with his future resting on just one game. This week would have been an ideal time to play the two of them if Josh doesn't play. BUT I don't think he will ever be as good as Tarrant COULD be.

Tarrant just seems so board with it all and looks like he wants to be doing something else. Whether we win by 70 points or lose by 2 he LOOKS totally apathetic compared to the other guys. Maybe a spell in the 2's for one of the last games of the season will show him that playing in the 1's ain't that boring. BUT he is still pretty bloody good for someone who "doesn't care" and I wouldn't want to lose him.

I can't believed I just agreed with a NATO fan, looks like I need to bump up my medication

Awsum4sum 24-10-26-16

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 1:10 pm

Tucks will never be as good as Tazza, and he could be playing ALOT better for Willy, maybe if he tries harder, he'll get a few more matches.

the great number 17
Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:14 pm

Tuckey hasn't been given a go. You're kidding right. How long do you think he has been at CFC. He has had his chance I am sorry and the reason why he does well at Willi because VFL is his level which also refers to Kinnear and a couple of others.

Collingwood is Coming!!
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:20 pm

This post is funny. Tuckey has only kicked 4 goals once the whole year. He is a shocking kick for goal and genuinely lacksthat ability to become a contibutor to the Collingwood side.
He WILL not be at Collingwood next year so why waste our time continuing to invest more effort in a player who has been with the club for so long and has only proven nothing really. Tarrant is down...no doubt..but he is still kicking goals and doing some good things.(He is second on the goal kicking table remeber) I will be at the footy one day soon and TAZ will kick 10 goals and come out of this little slump and boy wont we all look like gooses....

Louis

[This message has been edited by DaicosForever (edited 13 July 2001).]

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 3:53 am

Listen I dont care about Tarrant's body language. I don't care that he might not help little old ladies across the street. I don't care if he decides to do the macarena after he kicks a goal, I really dont care. Tarrant gets the ball and he kicks goals. Some of you are asking to much of the guy, he's not perfect and he can't play great every week so get over it.

Fradam Wrote This
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:05 am

Well said fradam
Im getting a little tired of our supporters knocking tarrant the guy is a superstar he wont take mark of the year every week and he wont bag six goals every week but then again neither could ablett...get my drift !!

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Legsy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 8:26 am

Don't forget that Tazz is 21. Yup, 21 years old. How good was Lloyd at 21? Not as good as Tarrant, let me tell you!! What was Ablett doing at 21? Bugger all at Hawthorn.
Get off this guys back. Christ, this kid is a gun, and every expert in football just raves about his potential. He plays in one of the most difficult positions on the ground, and these boys are still getting used to each other and the coach. Miracles don't happen overnight, and we are on our way.
He will be one of the linchpins to our success in a few years, and when he starts to fill out in his mid 20's, he could be anything.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:38 pm

Tazz is better than Tuckey, however, I believe Tarrant has been a bit lucklusture of late and he needs to put more into it. Come on Tazza, PROVE ME WRONG!!

JDF
Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:00 am

See Mr @sh. You are the sort of supporter who expects way too much. Tarrant does a hell of a lot of the little things as well so lay off. Kinnear and Tuckey have all had thier chance. Hope they prove me wrong but I won't hold my breath.

And don't go emailing me with bullshit private messages again having a dig. If you want to have a dig at my opinions, do it in public. And do I watch the footy you ask, I have been a member longer than you've been alive I'm betting.

Collingwood is Coming!!

[This message has been edited by Seth (edited 15 July 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: