Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VERY URGENT READ AND PASS IT ON TO EVERY OTHER MAGPIE FAN!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

you've got me excited!!
As for the timing of the song, may I suggest the following.
There is a "code" for officials at the game that involves the siren.
When the siren blasts 3 times before the match that means 3 minutes until the start.
When the siren blasts twice that means 2 minutes until the commencement of play.
When the siren blasts once, you guessed it, 1 minute till start.

May I suggest the use of this timing device to start the song. One minute out would be spine tingling. Can you imagine how the players will feel? Can you imagine how us poor suckers on the net listening to the radio will feel?

Go for it guys, I cannot wait!

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 12:11 pm

Heres what I think should happen.

Eddie should organize the MCC officials to play that "you will never walk alone" song.

It didn't work out too well at the Carlton game but coupled with the background images, it has great potential.

I don't know if it could happen, but the crowd singing something in unison could inspire something.

Or if you want to pysche up the players, try playing eye of the tiger by survivor, because it might get the boys motivatied.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:15 pm

You'll Never Walk Alone is stirring stuff indeed!

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Shaun 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:44 pm

There is a fair chance that since i haven't been to the board (yes, i know, and i won't let it happen again!), i won't get a chance to print off the flyers. However, if anyone has printed them off and needs some help handing them out, i am happy to oblige, just name the time and place.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
-General George S. Patton-

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:45 pm

Back to the top^

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:15 pm

wow - eddie's mentioned the idea on the footy show!!
the signs are good

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:21 pm

Mike can you post your flyer on the Official web site to get even more coverage?

Also the idea of getting the club to e-mail it to all the members is fantastic. Can you use your power and influence to organise that too? Not only will it reach heaps of people, it won't lead to an obscene waste of paper (sorry can't stop my greenie side from ruling my conscience). Surely the Club can put a bit of effort and money behind the idea since it was Malthouse's desire.

As for getting the members cheering it is almost impossible up on N Section unless we are 10 goals up! I'll give it a go as I usually do, but... What we need is the one man-cheer-squad who sat in N11 Row G seat 3 or 4 last year. I/WE MISS YOU. WE NEED YOU. If you are out there come back to us and help the chant.

Awsum4sum 24-10-26-16

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:38 pm

It's official!
Eddie has just promoted it on the Footy Show.
He said "all the fans websites" had organised it, so he got that wrong. Still, he said that it would occur during the toss of the coin and wanted every one to join in.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:41 pm

Power and influence??? - I wish!!

I will do what I can - I'll certainly post it on the official forum and I'll write to Sportsview and see if they will include it in the weekly newsletter, but I reckon they will have that finalised and ready to go. Still, nothing ventured ...

How about Eddie giving it a plug on the Footy Show. He constantly amazes me, I reckon I could get used to this level of access very easily.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:12 pm

Well thats fantastic for eddie to do that it means now we really got to do our best to pull this thing off and try and do it well.

The worry is not every one has access to the internet and we still have a lot of work to do on the day (sunday)

We need hundreds and hundreds of pamphlets without this we are wasteing our time.

We need to meet at a set time outside the MCG on sunday its no use saying i will be there at 1.30 pm we have to all get there early, meet and give out pamphlets to as many people as possible.

WE NEED HELP WE NEED DOERS NOT TALKERS..

Please if you have allready promised to help please you gotta keep your word you just have to !!!!

OK CHECKLIST

WE GOTTA MEET EARLY OUTSIDE THE MCG
WE NEED THOUSANDS OF PAMPHLETS
WE NEED HELP.

A lot of people will now be expecting this to happen its not a club thing it has the support of eddie but the success of this will depend how we all get in and help each other, in fine collingwood style i have no doubt this will happen.

if need be ring 0407 545 228 if you need to know any more and remember WE need pamphlets.

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 12 July 2001).]

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:18 pm

Hey Mike humor me - I need to believe someone other than Eddie has power and influence!

Doesn't the fact that Eddie mentioned it on TV ruin the desired impression of spontaneity? The pessimistic, paranoid, compulsive doubter side of myself hopes that all this doesn't inspire the Lions to "stick it up us" with a six goal win courtesy of Mal M.... I can feel it in my bones. God I hope I am so very very wrong. Anyway I'll still be in on it.

Awsumonesum 24 this week!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:44 pm

The ideal would be if it was spontaneous, but the truth is that unless we organise it, it won't happen. So spontaneity had to go out the window.

Don't worry about the Lions. The whole point of the exercise is to rub their noses in the fact that they are at our place and are badly out-numbered. So let's let them know.

Joffa I'm glad your post didn't go another couple of lines - we would have ended up having to hand out MILLIONS od fliers!

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:02 pm

Wow, this is going to be amazing. Well done Mike and Joff.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:05 pm

I'm giving this the "big kev" - I'm Excited
Great Stuff !

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:58 am

Ok so where are we all meeting and what time come on lets keep that enthusiasm going!!!

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: