Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VERY URGENT READ AND PASS IT ON TO EVERY OTHER MAGPIE FAN!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 8:12 pm
Post subject: VERY URGENT READ AND PASS IT ON TO EVERY OTHER MAGPIE FAN!!Reply with quote

OK good one mike and cobood LETS DO IT.

NOW ITS GONNA TAKE A BIT OF ORGANISING BUT MAYBE WE CAN PULL IT OFF....AT THE START OF THE GAME WE ALL SING GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOR EVER AFTER THE SIREN HAS GONE TO COMENCE START OF PLAY..NOW ITS IMPORTANT THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN PLAY WE DONT STOP SINGING THE SONG UNTIL WE HAVE FINISHED IS THAT CLEAR....

Does any one know any one that could maybe print some stuff for us to hand out to other collingwood supporters at the game its just a suggestion and would make it a lot easier.

please drop by with coments on how to make this work and remember we need doers not talkers...LETS GO FOR IT..COME ON

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 8:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

People this is not confined to cheer squad only WE want the whole bloody MCG singing it ok.

CRA- COLLINGWOOD REPUBLICAN ARMY..'to dance with the enemy with bayonet is the greatest dance of all'we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:34 am

I think Mike, cobood, Broadie et al have hit it on the head. I dont reckon anything like this would've been done before. Lets hope it takes off, and everyone of the true believers at the G lets rip the song. Maybe Eddie could get that Sportsview bunch who send out the weekly email to add a little extra note or make another mail out with the details. Couldnt see that taking more than a couple if minutes. That would help get the word about.

Or you could get a missing person PA announcement for Fred 'Lets all sing the club song at 2.08pm' Smith, aged 6 from Wonthaggi, broadcast!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:23 am

Not after the start of play, just before - so that soon after the song finishes the siren blows to start the game and the end of the song turns into a bloody great cheer.

Broadie suggested the coin toss, that sounds good - everyone can see it.

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:23 am

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME JOFFA!!!

I'LL TRY BEST TO GET THE MEMBERS SECTION (WHERE I'LL BE SEATED) GOING, LOOK OUT FOR THE GOLD WIG TOO CAUSE I CAN FEEL A VICTORY COMING ON!!!!!!!!

COME ON PEOPLE LETS SHOW THE WORLD THAT COLLINGWOOD IS THE GREATEST CLUB OF ALL, LETS BRING DOWN THE 'G' WITH OUR CHANTING, LETS GIVE THE HEARLD SUN AND ALL THE TV STATIONS SOMTHING GOOD TO TALK ABOUT FOR ONCE.
ALL YOU WONDERFULL COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS OUT THERE DONT BE SHY, CHANT ALL YOU CAN FOR OUR BOYS OUT THERE AND MAKE THEM FEEL "SPECIAL" IM SURE THEY WONT LET US DOWN.....

ELVIRA - ALL FIRED UP......

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:53 am

Moving these posts to the top ^

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:19 am

MIKE

The problem with singing song prior to game is this...at exactly what time do we sing it and we have to be careful of collingwood running out while we sing the song because people will stop singing to cheer the pies not that there is nothing wrong with that but it will stuff it all up.That is why i suggested when the siren goes to commence play .
Come on people we need ideas!!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:25 am

That's why Broadie's suggestion of the coin toss is a good one. The players are on the ground and everyboy's waiting for the start of the game.

People don't sing during a match at aussie-rules games. It's not like soccer, there's too much to watch to be singing. Once the game starts you've lost them as a group - they're into the footy.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:32 am

I think to sing at the coin toss is a good idea - but as the coin is being tossed or after the result is known? I presume, as the coin is being tossed (like when the captains shake hands or something). We need to be specific!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:35 am

EVERYONE

It would be good to have as many people as possible with a gold tinsel wig they can be found in most party shops for a couple of bucks now let me explain the story behind the gold wig it started in round 2 i think (thanks to leslie in cheersquad) she threw me one during the game(Alf has captured the gold fever by wearing a gold beret) and i thought what the hell am i goin to do with this and then it dawned on me lets chuck the bugger on when we know the game has been won its like olympic gold hate or love an olympic gold medalist you cant argue with the bugger when he has gold draped around his neck.

So remember the gold wigs come out when we have the game in our keeping it would be good as well to have the gold wig happen with all our wins this year and next!!

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:37 am

Hey Everyone

I'd be happy to hand out some notices before the game explaining what we want to do. Perhaps we should design one flier and then people can download it and print it off. Get as many people as possible doing this and I think it would happen easily.

We should have designated areas to distribute the message - eg. I will be in the bus parking area and outside gate 7 before the game, so I could take care of one or both of those areas.

We need to be quick organising this. Get on the bandwagon everyone!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:37 am

At the toss of the coin sorry i must of missed that my apologies yep thats a great idea top stuff!!

magpie24 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:55 am

I'm at a loss for ideas Joffa..Mate you sit in the heart of passion sitting in the cheer squad.Me i am always in the vicinty of the squad.
I strayed out of that vicinty last week at colonial ( for the first quarter) and it really opens your eyes to how many theartre goers there is going to games.
I can't see these type of people joining in......

I think we will need as many people as possible in the cheer squad,but if you have got reserve seats around you then thats a problem.

If you are in the second tier at the G sunday,Ponsford end and the unofficial are on the bottom level with both squads full, maybe we can start something from this.If both squads are up the ponsford end this topic WILL HAPPEN.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
magpie24 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:59 am

I don't think the song will take off.
WE HAVE TO WORK ON BEING LOUD FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!
Maybe a short chant,but a goodie??

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****

[This message has been edited by magpie24 (edited 12 July 2001).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:06 am

ALAN i know what you mean about theatre goers we had a whole bloody lot infiltrate the squad last week obviously with tickets from a booking agency !!

The good thing is mate the theatre goers will not be there on sunday simply because the pies lost last week end and...and it might just might threaten to rain god forbid rain at a footy match !!

I believe we can get this thing to work it shouldnt be hard we are collingwood people after all!! i just wish we could print thousands of pamphlets to give out prior to game (anyone want to advertise anything) no it will work.

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 12 July 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: