Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Geelong Officials........

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:18 am
Post subject: Geelong Officials........Reply with quote

Well people Im absolutely shocked @ some of the Geelong Officials. Yesterday I was seated next to the Geelong race.
It was quite unfortunate for me to be sitting near some GEELONG,COUNTRY BUMPKINS - (IMBREEDS) that went on and on about the game and their club...
Anyways to cut a long story short, after the siren went and the officials made their way down the race, there were a few COLLINGWOOD supporters giving the the officials a piece of their mind, well who would expect them to bite back????????????
One of the OFFICIALS personally targetered a Collingwood supporter and stuck his fingers up and told him to "GO AND GET THUCKED YOU (I'm a dinosaur)"....Now sorry people but Im quite sure that they would expect supporters to give them some shit and they being OFFICIALS should be more professional in such matters! You would think that they would just walk on and ignore comments from the crowd as do the coaches and other club staff!!! It just goes to show what sort of a CIRCUS GEELONG is running. It was just pathetic!! And to top it off a very young Collingwood supporter was booing the COCONUT MAN (MURPHY)- CARLTON REJECT when the young boy was also ABUSED BY MURPHY HIMSELF telling him to "THUCK HIMSELF" This was REALLY DISCRACFULL coming from a senior player. They are supposed to be role models to the younger geelong suppoters (which were there to witness murphy abuse the young collingwood supporter)!! Makes you wonder really!!
NO WONDER THEY HAVENT HAD SUCCESS IN 30 YRS!!!!!!!!

WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH THOUGH WHEN THEY GET HUMILIATED BY ESSENDON NEXT ROUND !!!!!!!

Elvira...

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 09 July 2001).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ah not those bastards at the race again thank god i was at the peaceful MCG all i have to say is *** COLONIAL and i think its time some letters were written to someone about the trouble we have had with the officials there because it is wasting space on our page that could otherwise be used for discussion about our beloved Magpies instead of these twits who target us every week.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 9:31 am

I can understand Murphy reacting angrily to a racist comment like "Coconut Man". Personally I prefer to think of him as "Jawbreaker" after the act of sheer thuggery he committed two years to wipe out about a third of of Buckley's season.

By all means, hate the slimy bastard. But hate him because he's a thug ... not because of his race ... please.

**floreat pica**

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:06 am

Alf, the young Collingwood supporter "didnt" call Murphy "coconut man" thats just one of the names that the aboriginal players have given Murphy. Theres a meaning to it all!!!!

And I dont hate players because of their race, I just hate them cause their not Collingwood.

Elvira.......

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 09 July 2001).]
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:20 am

I think Schwarz called him that, and he's far from aboriginal. we just have to be careful. often, a term is not derogatory when used between people of the same race, but becomes extremely insulting when used by someone of another race.

but, I agree. his behaviour towards a young fan was most inappropriate.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 11:07 am

who cares, i woulda given them a mouthful too, and if they reply, shows i would be getting to them, so it would make my mission accomplished.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 11:46 am

If I was an official of any club and was subject to abuse I would give back bucketloads. These guys are human too. Don't forget out esteemed officials and their part in the '90 GF qtr time brawl.
And a last thought. Officials swap clubs just like players. The guy you abuse today may be sought by the club tommorrow and reject us because of this behaviour. Why do it at all?
As for Murphy giving as good as he got. Well some of these "youngsters" have fouler mouths than Eminem! i cannot comment on your experience as I was not there, but the best thing for Murphy to do was point to the scoreboard. That would certainly shut me up.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 12:37 pm

So they should have responded.
If you can't cop it, don't give it out.
No sympathy.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
MAGPIEMANIA 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 6:19 pm

NICK THE PIE MAN YOUVE GOT NO IDEA SO EVERY PLAYER THAT GETS BOOED AND ABUSED BUY FANS AT GAMES EVERY WEEK SHOULD SIT AND REMENSTRATE WITH THE FANS I DONT THINK SO JUST PROVES THE COUNTRY MENTALITY DOWN AT GEELONG HASNT CHANGED

THE CLIMB TO THE TOP

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 7:44 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the player SHOULD remonstrate. But I do think that spectators who abuse players should be prepared to take it when it comes back at them.

The all-time classic example was Cantona. Sure, Cantona was acting like a bloody psychopath but the bozo who abused him looked like a complete tosser.

I would have loved to have karate-kicked that Geelong mouth who invaded the Cheer Squad in the dying minutes on Sunday. A bit beyond me at my age, unfortunately.

**floreat pica**

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:40 am

Im not at all saying that its right or acceptable for "ANY" officials to be verbally abused although they should expect some sort of comments as its quite normal coming from opposition supporters, No-one can help themselves really. Im quite sure that we all @ some stage have made some sort of comment to officials & palyers etc...
I was just VERY SHOCKED to see that sort of a reaction thats all!!! I thought they would be smart enough to just ignore the "booing" as @ the end of the day they were the VICTORS and we weren't...and to tell a young kid to "Thuck Himself" and infront of sooooo many Young Geelong Supporters to me is NOT ON, especially when it comes from a Senior Player. It's just WRONG!!!!!!!!!! MURPHY IS A THUCKING IMBERCILE - NO WONDER CARLSCUM GOT RID OF HIM. MAGGOT!!!!!!

Nick, you have no sympathy for the 8 yr old collingwood supporter who was just being a kid by booing the team that beat his belovered collingwood????????????????????????????????????
I could have kicked Murphy's ass if I was a bloke and I would have ABUSED THE HELL OUT OF THE MAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's a weak piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Craig, had Murphy pointed to the scoreboard I just would have asked him "when was the last time you had a look @ the ladder"...........SIMPLE!!!! I WOULD NEVER HAVE FELT LIKE AN IDIOT EVEN AFTER THE LOSS CAUSE I KNOW THAT OUR TEAM IS A LOT BETTER THAN WHAT THEY PERFORMED ON THE WEEKEND. SO STOP STICKING UP FOR THESE PATHETIC LOOSERS. WE ARE ALL "SUPPOSED" TO BE STICKING UP FOR EACHOTHER HERE??????????????????

Elvira......

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 10 July 2001).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 11:22 am

hmmmm......put me in my place!!

LOL

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 5:31 am

Jacko, IM NOT ****ING RACIST YOU IDIOT. The "coconut man" name for Murphy was mentioned to me on the weekend and I was also told the meaning of it which I now wont even bother to tell you!!!! Maybe the comment "coconut man" has been misinterpreted by people or everyone has a diffrent meaning for it????

Now Jacko officals are fully grown men who work for and represent their club and to react to comments that are made from the crowd to me is just not good enough, sure they are human and they are as passionate for their club as we all are although when they are @ a game it means they are @ "work" & they have to handle matters in a professional way.......
Now please note everyone that this is my personal view and opinion as Im entitled to one. Some will agree others will disagree and thats fine, I can understand. Thats just how the ball rolls and how the cookie crumbles!!!!

Craig, I did put you in your place indeed..lol.lol, your a STAR......

Elvira..........

MAGPIEMANIA 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:27 pm

WELL JACKO WHEN A PLAYER STICKS HIS FINGERS UP AT LITTLE KIDS AND TELLS THEM TO GO GET F..KED LIKE MURFY DID AT THE END OF THE GAME BLOODY OATH WELL CALL HIM "COCONUT MAN". REMEMBER HIS OWN BROTHERS GAVE HIM THAT NAME, SO DONT GET SMART AND START CALLING PEOPLE RACIST CAUSE I CAN GUAREENTEE JACKO THAT URE PROBABLY THE FIRST PERSON TO CALL A EUROPEAN A [snip] CAUSE EVERY ANGLO SAKSON DOES ... AND FOR MURFY TO GET BOOTED OUT OF RICHMOND THEN CARLTON JUST SHOWS HOW HIGLY PEOPLE THINK OF HIM! SO BUDDY BOY STIK IT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT AND BE CARFULL WHEN U CALL PEOPLE RACISTS.

THE CLIMB TO THE TOP...

[This message has been edited by MAGPIEMANIA (edited 12 July 2001).]

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:28 am

No hard feelings Jacko, we all have our own thoughts and opinions on things which is good I suppose cause if we were all the same then Life would be a little too boring!!!
Like I've said, I'm not racist and I still dont like Murphy!

MAGPIEMANIA your a JEM!!

Anyways people lets all focus on the Brisy game and hope the pies kick some serious ass!! GO PIES!!!!

ELVIRA......................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: