Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football Television rights to 7 = Collingwood premiership?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:51 am
Post subject: Football Television rights to 7 = Collingwood premiership?Reply with quote

If 9 makes no bid and 7 & 10 get the tv rights for a song is it possible as Ed said that 3 or 4 struggling Melbourne clubs will go under?
And considering the perception is that we are constantly subsidizing those weaker clubs would that open the door for greater success in the future for us?
Forget Ed's biased commentating, this is the one area I always felt he was compromised, propping up 10 Melbourne teams is in the end only detrimental to a club like us and Ed (god love him) has been seen to lead that charge.
Gee 12 teams playing each other twice, one at home, one away would be lovely, but I'm sure we would just get extra interstate teams so that dream may never happen.
But less Vic teams and more interstate teams would certainly be to our advantage
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of crap
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:04 am

Probably not a complete load, but I'd hate to lose any of the old enemies. I can only think of one thing better than winning a flag, and that'd be winning one over Caaaarlton!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Clokey 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:39 am

More clubs is more epic. That will be bad if any have to shut down.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:42 am

"" will be bad if any have to shut down ? I get .
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:16 am

Sultan of spin wrote:
What a load of crap

A concise and well thought out rebuttal, it's clear there is no off position on your genius switch, now move along before I penis slap you and run the risk of being charged with assault with a deadly weapon
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:21 am

Stupid. Why get rid of 3 or 4 clubs? I'm sure that even the AFL won't be stupid enough to get rid of our historical clubs - especially when they appear to be moving forward!

I can't wait for the day where all the interstate sides are struggling - on the field and off the field.
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:57 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
Stupid. Why get rid of 3 or 4 clubs? I'm sure that even the AFL won't be stupid enough to get rid of our historical clubs - especially when they appear to be moving forward!

I can't wait for the day where all the interstate sides are struggling - on the field and off the field.

Why??? Because Collingwood props those weak 3 or 4 clubs up financially you twit, because without those 3 or 4 dragging on our resources there would be more sponsorship, money, support etc for us.
And which historical clubs wouldn't the AFL let die? Fitzroy? South Melbourne? yeah sure they wouldn't
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:41 pm

I saw that outburst from E.McG last night on the Footy show.....we saw it at 11:45pm last night and I recon that his spray was so much BULL that I couldnt believe that he sprayed it at all.
I recon that all that he is worried about is that he will be out of a job and that Ch7 is more interested.
I feel that Eddie should look at the BIGGER picture.Up here in NSW both metropolitian/rural we dont see the same AFL that you guys in Victoria see it and its the same for all other states.We are stuck with NRL here in NSW/ACT and Qld,so its time that Eddie realised that he isnt King Eddie of the AFL,we also have got Queen Packer of the NRL and Ch9 hates AFL in NSW/ACT/QLD,and they would prefer to show Thugby League.
I do hope that Ch7 get the rights again for the NSW/ACT & QLD sake for at least we will see it at a reasonable hour of the night.
Sorry Eddie,BUT your comments dont gell,Ch9 here in NSW/ACT/QLD cant stand AFL,so go spray your dramas somewhere else.
By the way to state that 4 teams will go under is so much CRAP/BULL that you should think again.

Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:51 pm

PeterWH wrote:
I saw that outburst from E.McG last night on the Footy show.....we saw it at 11:45pm last night and I recon that his spray was so much BULL that I couldnt believe that he sprayed it at all.
I recon that all that he is worried about is that he will be out of a job and that Ch7 is more interested.
I feel that Eddie should look at the BIGGER picture.Up here in NSW both metropolitian/rural we dont see the same AFL that you guys in Victoria see it and its the same for all other states.We are stuck with NRL here in NSW/ACT and Qld,so its time that Eddie realised that he isnt King Eddie of the AFL,we also have got Queen Packer of the NRL and Ch9 hates AFL in NSW/ACT/QLD,and they would prefer to show Thugby League.
I do hope that Ch7 get the rights again for the NSW/ACT & QLD sake for at least we will see it at a reasonable hour of the night.
Sorry Eddie,BUT your comments dont gell,Ch9 here in NSW/ACT/QLD cant stand AFL,so go spray your dramas somewhere else.
By the way to state that 4 teams will go under is so much CRAP/BULL that you should think again.

I'm pretty sure Eddie has a greater grasp of the situation than you, unless you just became a television executive?

Last edited by Gunder on Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:53 pm

If we need clubs to drop out before we win a premiership or have success, then we don't deserve one IMHO. Why don't we have 8 teams drop out of the competition then and we can make the top 8 every year. Is that what you call success??? As far as I am concerned, you want to be the best, then start beating the best!
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:56 pm

spoljar wrote:
If we need clubs to drop out before we win a premiership or have success, then we don't deserve one IMHO. Why don't we have 8 teams drop out of the competition then and we can make the top 8 every year. Is that what you call success??? As far as I am concerned, you want to be the best, then start beating the best!

It's about an even playing field.... jeez there's no off position on the genius switch around here.... we regularly compete against clubs that only have one other competitor in it's state (sometimes none) for sponsorship, money, support etc... and we have to fight with 9 other clubs in our state for those things.... does everybody get it yet????
Am I speaking swahili here?
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:03 pm

Hey that pathetic low-life wanker,
I take it that you live in Victoria....well we get stuck with NRL here 24/7.
Many years ago,before you got involved with this site,we had deceint showing of AFL on Ch7,like broadcasts at 9:30pm instead of 1:30am in the morning and also 2:00pm in the afternoon and also LIVE in the evening as well as late at night,BUT not like Ch9 and ungodly hours of the morning.
I dont care what E.McG. says,BUT live in NSW/ACT & Qld and well we get NRL,NRL,NRL,so unless you live in these states you dont have a clue.
I get the scores from the footy on Austar after they have finished,so why sit around til 1:30am in the morning to se a game that you already know the score of....ge have a few brains will you.
Any way HOW can it set footy back 20 years.Ch7 had the game for 40 years and the only reason that it went backwards was that Ch7 became very complacent...big word isnt it.I suggest that you look back over the past 10 years that Ch7 showed the game and compare it with the LACK of servicve that Ch9 has given us.
Also Ch9 in NSW/ACT & QLD is more worriesd about the Thugby League than what it is the AFL.I am in rural NSW and we get Thugby League LONG before we see AFL.
Yeah Eddie has a better gasp on the situation....he lives in Victria...AFL heaven,he dosnt live in NSW/ACT/QLD and hasnt got the foggiiest what goes on up here.One of these days I suggest that you check out Prime 7/Win9 and see how mucg AFL gets mentioned,If you know where Prime 7/Win 9 is located,as that is what we see up here in rural NSW along with Austar.

PeterWH
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:09 pm

For interstate supporters I feel for you it must suck with the current arrangements.

www.facebook/the hybernators
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:17 pm

I have a great solution....Ch10/Southern Cross 10 to show all the 2:00pm & Swans games,Ch7/Prime 7 to show all the delayed games to start at 8:30-9:00pm and Ch9/Win9 to show all the sunday afternoon games.
Now wouldnt that solve everything

PeterWH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: