Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lets look at the Centreline

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:45 am
Post subject: Lets look at the CentrelineReply with quote

Same deal as the back 6 thread - Can you convince me that this is not a centreline worthy of playing off in September this year???

Woewodin Buckley Lonie

I will agree that the wings look a little soft, yes - BUT, skillful!!! We have 2 brownlow medalists and a young left footer capable of inspirational goals on the run!!!!
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, skillful centreline - which is what you want in an AFL side... Your captain in the guts and some more than handy blokes on the outside - yes, Woey is a Brownlow medalist and has been a great addition to our side, Lonie, Rowe, Lockyer etc can play through the wing at different stages...
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:04 pm

On form this is the weakest link in our chain. Need someone to step in and step up. Buckley won't play in there for 4 1/4's or for 22 weeks.

We have plenty to rotate in the centre, but none are the quality of Buckley & Burns.

Burns, Johno, Buckley, Holand, Leon, Lockyer, Woey, Morrison & Lica will all rotate.

Quality possessions out of the centre are a must in today's game and with no ruckman early in the season they will have to work that much harder.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:17 pm

Lonie,to me is a natural born wingman , we have plenty of options but Davis is too lazy and soft in my opinion, to even make the 22.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:43 pm

I think jonno will definately spend time in the center to add some speed, especially until didak come back. Davis could be an option in a free flowing game against a team like west coast. I dont see davis playing center when the game is scrappy and in an under players are required. The speed of our midfield has been questioned. I think it is ok. Buckley still has speed in the legs. Then players to float through will be Lonie, Johnson, Didak, Davis, Rowe. All of whom are fast. Licuria, Burns and Woewoedin may be slightly slow, but they are key in and under players. In and under players are wat teams like carlton, west coast, pt adelaide, fremantle and Western Bulldogs are missing desperately. The midfield is dangerous, it is just a matter of them gelling the way they did 2 years ago. This will happen if Buckley and Burns can string a good season together as we will have god leadership and direction for the younger players to use.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:10 pm

I'd have Rowe as a permanent winger this year where he can get a lot of game time, learn the craft and not get crunched every week. He'll also chime in for a few goals based on what we've seen so far. He has a good knack of getting on his own but that wont last beyond this season if he has a good one, once the opposition pick up on it.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:43 pm

Agree with you Damien, Rowe is our man on one wing
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:10 pm

I like Rowe - skillful ,pulls good angry faces too.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:16 pm

Who will get a run through the centre will be driven by who stands up in the back 6. If Walker and/or Maxwell can hold down a place in the backline, that would potentially free up a Lonie or a Clement for the odd run on a wing.

Ditto for small/med players freeing up Johnson and Cole.

That said, it will remain horses for courses.
swoop 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:18 pm

LOL 3rd, that bith mark on his face scares me too.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:51 pm

Buckley will be in the forward six. Due to the fact that his age and his body is catching up with him.

Lonie, Woey, Rowe.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:30 pm

Bucks will play midfield or wont play at all. Absolutely pointless selecting a set centreline as Mick will play different guys each week, depending on the conditions & opposition, this is where he is the master. There are a bunch of guys able to have a shot, including Leon, Lonie (from whom I predict big things this year), Rowie, and for a couple of smokies, Cheesy & even Taz (laugh if you will!).

We really are going stir crazy, arent we...

Round 1 for gods sake!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:28 pm

Our centre line in 2005:

Woewodin, Buckley, Lonie. (Rowe and Didak (when fit) float through during the match. Johnno and Cole also need to get a run through at some stage.

The rest of the roatators include Burnsy and Licca (ruck/rovers and rovers), Dutchy, Tarks and even Mumbles. Not a bad centre line at all, and one of our strongest features. Very pleased with this part of the side - as it is the one who generated so much in 2002/2003.
Gomez 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:40 pm

Agree 35f, like Pavlich is for Freo, Tarrant could be for us. Could actually be a masterstroke of genius. If it worked it could change the dynamic of the whole structure, which needs a shake up because it's too predictable.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:50 am

Why thankee Gomaz, but it doesnt take a genius, he has the same build as Judd, and runs like a maniac, often presenting as far as half back. He tackles like a demon, and is one of the most underrated players in the game for mine. Since he had that moment at the crossroads a few years ago, when he was going to give it away, he became a completely different player. Taz really only started playing fair dinkum footy in '02, and has become one of the best 3 or 4 forwards in the game since. He doesnt kick that many goals, but when youve dragged your man up to half back to get us out of a lack of options from a kick in yet again, that'll happen. He must have passed to a goalkicker more than anyone else in the side in the last 3 years. If he stays fit he will be the key. When he & Pebbles are working off each other I dont believe theres a better combination in footy.

Besides, I only get to watch the footy sometimes because my daughter thinks he's cute!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: