Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What happened????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:51 am
Post subject: What happened????Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what happened out there today? Nothing pisses me off more than losing to a crap side. Aside from maybe Rocca, Chrissy, O'Bree and Presti there was just nobody else settled at all today. Rupes shouldn't have been left on Bizzell for so long. Both coaching and player performance today just disappointed me so much. I HATE THIS FEELING!!!!

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! What happened Indeed!! How on earth can we be considered a "Genuine" chance to play in finals when we can't beat SOFT, USELESS, S%#T BAGS like Geelong! I am so annoyed!! We always lose to them, I can't understand how a team as pathetic as they are can have the wood over us for so long! Anyway well done to Johno (even though he got reported) for a lovely bump on Mitchell White (and a lovely miss by Mitchell too!). I only wish he had done that to Bizell!

GO PIES!!

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:31 pm

Nah, look it was just "one of those days"

I was there, as you all were prolly, but the ball wasn't bouncing right, the taps were goin the wrong way, etc etc. We were talls short (hahah if that makes sense) buckley wasn't right after half time when he limped back out, and well, they scored more goals than us, that gets ya EVERYTIME....LOL

there is only ONE thing that I want to know here...WHY didn't they move Rocca to the ruck, and give Josh a go in the forward line.... *shrugs*
dunno, just a thought...
~Madness~

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:45 pm

What I don't understand about Malthouse's coaching today is the fact that he puts Betheras on Bizzell... Why couldn't he think of putting Clement on Bizzell in the first place. This same thing has happened two weeks in a row, where Clement has been able to negate an opposition forward when the player was dominating earlier on (last week it was Jarman). What reason could there have been for putting Betheras on Bizzell? Mark Thomson would have been licking his chops when he saw this..

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'
---------------------------------
BLACK & WHITE - For those who bleed Black & White

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:51 pm

I thought exactly the same thing on the train home, madness, why didnt Rocca have a go in the ruck. We got killed at the centre bounces, and in the entire midfield in general.
Our backline wasnt as good as it has been either, I dont think Kinnear is the answer. Suggestion- Play Didak and Cloke next week, perhaps drop Dimma and Kinnear, and if Roids is reported bring back Chipper. We lacked numbers around the contest all day. I hate losing to Geelong, they are the softest team in the history of the AFL and their supporters are so cocky, despite the fact they have won nothing ever.
All that said, we will win next week, but aim for a top 8 finish before a top 4 spot I think boys.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:05 pm

Keep Kinnear, drop Rupe

the great number 17
jamjar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:23 pm

Rupes had a bad day today, but he has been playing well. The amtch up was just all wrong, we shouldn't drop him after one bad day. Kinnear just looked out of his depth, I would prefer to give some of the younger guys like Didak or Cloke a run. If Roids gets found guilty my faith in the tribunal will just plummet some more (if possible)! I don't think there was much in it and he looked to be holding his ground more than anything.

Jarrod - My football God

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:46 pm

yep can someone plz tell me the main reasons of wot went rong today...which players farked up? and was it similar to the Sydney game? coz um yeh i feel real bad but had to go watch 2 of me other teams today?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:14 pm

Well basically we lost to another shit team at Colonial today. Lets face facts Geelong are a shit football team. They beat us without there number one ruckman. I feel emabarrased to think the\at we are meant to be TOP eight team. I know we are a better team than this and hopefully at the MCG we can prove it.

Please excuse me as im tired and a bit emotional after todays loss. It cuts real deep if you hear what im saying

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:37 pm

i hear ya brother JLC
losing to teams like this, and the way we did it, does cut deep...it freaking hurts, i hope the players are feeling it too..

by the way, we never play shit two weeks in a row this year..so look out lions.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:41 pm

ahhhhhhhhhh
*screams*

i just had to do that......

Hmmm Rupert has had 2 bad ones in a row, and yeah i just soooooooooo wanted Rocca in the ruck, just to see what happened....
and yeah, geelong are a "nothing club" like swans, freo, ...you know? just nobodies...nothings, garden gnomes, sugar bowls...

Grrrrrrooowls

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:05 pm

well its hard for me to say as i wasnt there but im getting bad thoughts of us buggering up from here when the finals r coming plz say im wrong but because to throw it all from here would hurt worse than our wooden spoons!

thanx for the reports on the game anyway guys and thank fu.K that was the last of the Colonial ones i say!

ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:20 am

Wasn't Molloy's big hit GREAT - got the crowd going BIGTIME!

Still don't understand why Malthouse put Clement on Bizzell in the first place! Anyone could judge that Betheras wasn't a suitable matchup. Last week it nearly cost us the game, and it certainly did yesterday.

I reckong our skill level wasn't up to scratch and we made a few costly errors in the dying stages when going forward. Tarrant should have gone for goal and backed himself. After all, he is paid to kick goals. There were mistakes all round - in fact, this game was reminiscent of the Sydney game (poor disposal, no accountability).

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'
---------------------------------
BLACK & WHITE - For those who bleed Black & White

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:22 am

Dan
Im with You....is Josh sick? he just didn't look into it yesterday and was benched at one stage as well.

My friend who is a Josh maniac thought in the first quarter he didn't look right, even when he ran out she said he had is head down, and just didn't look right...

and im OUT Kinnear too, he looks the goods but in my opinion, a dud.

Im still shitty on the "not putting Rocca in the ruck" thing....

lmao

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 3:55 am

clement didn’t go on bizzell early because he had to mind ronnie burns. if mick had done the swap, it would still have been a mismatch. if rupe couldn’t handle the pace of bizzell, he would have been (pardon the pun) burnt by ronnie. no, I think we really need our own burnsey back asap. let’s hope he’s right for the lions. josh certainly didn’t look right. the hard turf and running into the goal post wouldn’t have helped either. I sat near the players race and he didn’t look good after the match; he was the first player down the race and heavily favoured one leg (or knee). bucks also had a limp, although not as noticeable.

it doesn’t look good for roids at the tribunal. charging usually means a suspension. it may leave room in the team for another to take his (possible) omission - rintoul or chipper. tubby just didn’t have a suitable match up out there, that’s why he was on the bench. he had a brief stint in the forward line but, by the end, had no disposals, no marks and only one tackle. either play him or give him a run in the magoo’s; I favour the latter. bit harsh on kinnear. his disposal may need a bit more work, but I thought he tried today. you can’t do much when the likes of bizzell are jumping over the top of you. agree about the arrogance of geelong “fans”. one idiot behind me was shouting out “biiiiiiizzzzzelllllll” everytime the ball got within 50 metres of the cat goal. I tried to counter with shouts of tarrant!!, but unfortunately to no avail.

I think a fair surmise would be that c’wood really needed to tighten up and play more accountable football. geelong players were running loose all day, and it was frustrating to watch them chip the ball around near the end and wasting time like that. rocca played a fair game, but he needs to tighten up. scarlet ran all the way down to the forward line and kicked a vital goal on him when the match was still in the balance. they cannot afford to give that much latitude to such a mediocre midfield, then expect to do the same for one of the premier midfields in the comp. If they do, voss, black, akermanis and co will have a field day.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: