Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cats game almost sold out

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 5:36 am
Post subject: Cats game almost sold outReply with quote

Hi everyone. This is my first ever post. Yes it is too long, BUT it is important if you want to see the Pies on Sunday.

I work at Colonial Stadium and was there last night as thousands of people got turned away, when it sold out. The 2000 standingroom tickets went in around 30 min, as did the 1000 or so restricted view seats.

It is highly likely that our match too will be a sell out, mainly because of the thousands of British Lions supporters here for the Rugby who are buying tickets for this game as they did last night.

At 9pm last night there were only around 5000-7000 reserved seats left for our game and everyone NEEDS to have a reserved seat. Only Legends Members don't have to worry.

18 game ST holders MUST have a ticket. Your ST does not guarantee you entry, it is "subject to capacity". You DO NOT have to pay a cent for a reserved seat on level 4 (around $25 for Lvl 2 and $20 for Lvl1 seats)BUT you DO need to get a reserved seat to entre the ground, your ST will NOT scan through. If you prebook today you will pay a booking fee of around $5 (more for over the phone), but if you buy it at the ground on Sunday you will pay nothing.

On Sunday Gate 3 box offices will open at 11am (possiby 10.30am. This was being negotaited last night), all others at 11.30am. Get there then, buy your reserved seat, go and have a yum-cha or whatever and come back for the match.

Those of you who have prebooked tickets and need to pick them up at the ground. Get there early too or else you will get stuck behind the thousands of people ranting and raving because they have can't get in. The ushers will try to bring you to the front of the queue when this happens, but it doesn't work.

CS does hold around 52,000 people BUT 80% of level 2 is NOT for public sale. 60-65% is Medallion Club and the rest Axcess 1 and even if they don't turn up - and they never seem to- their seats can not be onsold. Large areas of level 1 and level 4 are taken up by Geelong series seat holders. So the general public and away supporters have access to less than half the ground - most of which have been already prebooked.

PLEASE DON'T MISS OUT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - besides I dodn't want to be continually abused again because you can't get in and I want to get in as soon as possible to watch the match!!!

Awsum4sum 24-10-26-16

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 6:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I was there last night and though lavel 2 looked a bit sparce I cannot believe it was a sellout. Level 1 , and thetop deck on the broadcast side did not look any where near full.
What is going on at Colonial?

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 7:09 am

Craig

People buy tickets, but don't turn up. Medallion members NEVER turn up, but it is still an official sell out. It happens at the G too, but it is not as obvious, because the empty seats are scattered.

They should do with the Medallion Club what they do with the MCC during finals. If you don't pre-register your intent to go to the game, your 'space' can be sold to the general public. But this will NEVER happen, as the Medallion members are CS main income source. Mind you, since the seat would cost the GP $40.75 I doubt if there would be many buyers.

Awsum4sum 24-10-26-16

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 8:47 am

Good stuff fab.
Why do the medallion club members never go?

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 10:01 am

There were heaps of pple trying to buy ticks from c/wood yestersay and they were totally sold out. We were in the gift shop and this guy was going ape at the lady on the counter cause they had all sold out.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 10:06 am

the reason is that, on some nights, the opera or ballet coincides with the footy

thanks for the info Fab4 and welcome to the Forum. I presume the booking situation does not apply to C'wood Legends members, who already have reserved seats?

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:10 pm

yes well i went last nite and it made me sick that so many ppl were cramped and without a seat when that damm level 2 was barely full 2morro though i refuse to go to that stupid stadium to watch day football under a closed roof so i will be at the G even though it kills me to miss the pies

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 1:25 pm

Welcome aborad Fab4 and thanks for the insight !

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 2:24 pm

very interesting to hear that lots of british lions supporters will be at the game tomorrow. the lions supporters really know how to cheer - hopefully all us cheer squad members can show them that aussie sports fans know how to cheer as well. wallaby fans just never cheer! our rugby crowds are so dull.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 3:51 pm

I wonder who the Poms will be barracking for? I think we should recruit them into the Cheer Squad for the day. It could be interesting. They might teach us a few tricks.

**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 4:12 pm

my god is that why all the poms where there last nite...man every second person had a pom accent and so many where on the trains...r they here for the rugby or somethin?

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 4:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Her are my replies:
1) Not sure what the attendance was for last night - left too early to find out.
2) Legends are legends (literally) so can get in no prob on Sunday.
3) Medallion memberships are normally bought by businesses for
entertaining clients. They have their allocated seat for every single event at CS, so they only turn up to the games, concerts etc they want. That is why you rarely get every level 2 seat occupied at the same time. Tonight they made a killing though. Rumours have it that they were charging rugby fans up to $300 for use of their seat. Obviously mostly the poms bought them because that is only around $100 for them.
4) I have told every Pom I have seen at CS over the last two nights that they have to cheer for the black and white on Sunday or I won't let them in! So we should have a huge following tomorrow .

Hey this forum thing is fun!

huggybear 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 5:38 pm

Got yesterday 2 medallion tickets to the match at colonial, they were given to me by a corporate customer, gonna take the little fella with me, shame he barracks for geelong, who knows maybe he will change teams tomorrow.
Go pies.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:23 am

Clemo? hmm interesting home page
but Barbara Streisand? that sort of scared me. *giggles*

and Spider girlie? ahhhhhhhhhh you worry me...LOL

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:48 am

~Madness~
Um, Barb's my wife's favourite. I like bands like Creed, Live, Kiss, U2, Chile Peppers, Blink 182, Oils and the Angels. When I am at home or in the car with my wife, it is a Barb Free zone and also a Ricky free zone...yuk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: