Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How Cocky is too cocky??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:08 am
Post subject: How Cocky is too cocky??Reply with quote

This year a lot of us (and i admit, i do it too) are talking top 4 spots for us. The way we went last year, at the end of the season I was thinking I would be happy with a 12th position finish for this season but the way we're going lately I can see bigger and better things for us - BUT; we're only just passed half way through the season with still another 9 rounds to go and the last 5 or so of those are big danger games with teams such as Essendon, Carlton and the Doggies.
Apart from being 1 win and around 10 percent within second spot on the ladder, our win loss rate is on the same level as a lot of other top teams, we can't get too confident, from here, anything can happen!!

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, you're right, but I really think we can get in the top 4 this yr, if we keep on playing the good footy we've been playing!

the great number 17
Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:31 am

Nothing cocky about it but collingwood should be sitting in second position given they lost a stinking game by 2 points to kangas and 4 to the hapless hawks! Without doubt after the last 3 weeks, the pies are on equal form with carlton and bitchmond. if they keep playing well like this why wouldn't they finish 4th or 5th, plus they are finally winning the close ones.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:37 am

True, I guess I'm just so used to getting my hopes up only for them to be shot back down again, it's un-nerving to finally have something to be confident about, I can't help but be nervous about the second half of the season, there's so much to gain but so much to lose at the same time.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:59 am

well Miss Magpie i am glad someone else has realised that we should be keeping a lid on it a bit. I know after all these years its hard to but c'mon all this hyepe and everything can get a bit outta hand...until of course we have actually taken out the flag then FKN brag like sh!t like arrogant Essendon did for so long!

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 10:35 am

Jess, I'm really worried about our run home too, but we didn't think we'd be where we are right now, did we? Our next four games are crucial. We've got at least a fifty fifty chance of winning all of them on current form and if we do win them, we're almost guaranteed a spot in the 8 with our good percentage. It is hard to have great confidence after the letdowns of past seasons, but this is a team with a lot of new faces, and i can't see this great bunch of blokes lettin us down. GO PIES!!!!!

BRING BACK SHANE WATSON!!!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 11:03 am

DEAD WRONG JILL

For ther last 8 or so years we have dwelled in the gutters of the AFL much to the delight of all other non collingwood scumbags
we have to make the finals one year and to be honest im not talkin premierships or flags for this year,but let me tell you this club will make the finals this year and im gonna carry on like we have won a premiership and i dare any bastard to try and stop me or tell me otherwise, collingwood deserve all the acolades from us the passionate supporters and non collingwood morons cos let me tell ya where we are now beats the shit outa being on the bottom of the ladder and the laughing stock of the country.

GO YOU MAGPIES YOU THUCKEN BEAUTIES!!!

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 04 July 2001).]

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 12:03 pm

i did NOT say we aren't gonna make the finals JEFFERY all i am saying is i am not gonna make a fool of myself yet and crap on boring ppl senseless but i will be with the Pies all the way

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 04 July 2001).]

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 3:38 pm

I'm with dan on this one

but its fun being arrogant.LOL

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:25 pm

I'm taking the following theme prior to Round 7.
It would be most likely that if we win 11 games - we should make the eight (with good percentage)

Round 12 vs WCE = Operation 5 (Prior to the game we were 6 n' 5)
Round 13 vs Crows = Operation 4 (Prior to the game we were 7 n' 5)
Round 14 vs Cats = Operation 3 (Win this game and we'll be 9 n' 5 - so we need win 2 more)
Round 15 vs Bears = Operation 2 (Win this game and we'll be 10 n' 5 - so we need win 1 more)
Round 16 vs Hawks = Operation 1 "Revenge Time" (Win this game and we'll be 11 n' 5 - week make the finals)

As it stands, there are 8 rounds to go. To be in the finals we need to win three more. Any more wins after that will be a bonus and of course makes it easier for the BIG ONE.

But, as the saying goes...OWAAT ! (one week at a time)

[This message has been edited by Clemo (edited 05 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Clemo (edited 05 July 2001).]
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:49 pm

When you're down everyone looks like they're jusy too bloody good to beat...

But this year we have nearly finished the first round of playing everyone once...and we have won 8...count them...8 games...we have lost 5, 4 of them under 2 goals...2 we could have won but for inexperience (two that we did win, we could have lost if luck had gone against us...so the ledger is probably square). Every week another two or three players have stood up to show how good they are...we have a confident team that is hard to stop because we have so many who can turn it on. I believe we can match it with anyone now. I know we probably will stumble here and there but so will our opponents stumble here and there. None can pencil us in as a sure win nowadays...and what we can be very confident in, is that we have speed...none are faster...we have skill under pressure...it's been a while since we could honestly say that...we are physically strong so we're not to be brushed aside...and we are versatile...oh and we have players who are able to win with individual brilliance...not least, we have a master coach. So while we saying to ourselves...oh no...we have essendon and carlton and lions and dogs and kangas coming up...I bet each of them is thinking...oh no we have COLLINGWOOD coming up...

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 8:42 am

Clemo-
They'll have to do that run you've outlined, 'coz check out the final 5 games
v Richmond
v Western Bulldogs
v Carlton
v Essendon
v Kangaroos

We've got the talent and game plan to beat them all, but that's a hell of a run to face. If we win 2 of them, I'd say we're in the finals. If we take 3, we'll go past the first week. If we win 4...heaven help any other finalist.

The big thing for the guys now is to win the 'pencilled-in' games coming up (Freo, Cats, Lions in Melburne - don't cats just hate water?). This is where the youth thing is still showing, as we look great in the BIG games.

Broadie
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:12 pm

TOO RIGHT JOFFA ,FOR YEARS THEY HAVE LAUGHED AT US AND RIDICULED OUR CLUB NOW WHERE ARE THOSE IDIOTS U CANT HEAR THEM
THE ARMY IS BACK AND LETS GIVE THEM HELL

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 1:14 pm

Ive been given crap all my life coz i support Collingwood and Im sick of it! But I know itll neva stop.

the great number 17
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 1:26 pm

Whether we're playing like champions or down in the mud we're always going to be hated because we are collingwood, when we're down they fear the day we come back up and when we're up they fear what we're capable of. No matter what we're going to be rediculed for being collingwood and quite frankly.. I LOVE IT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: