Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pull your finger out of your arse Tarrant!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant may not have been BOG in the last few weeks, but the fact that he has been kicking goals (2 or more) on a regular basis proves to me that he is a class act. The good players still kick goals when they play below par.

That is not to say that he has been poor. Molloy hasn't kicked many goals this year but people are noticing and appreciating his team play. Watch Tarrant and you will realize that his application has been very good virtually all year.

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:35 am

All Id like is a bit of good positive body language, and a bit more of a killer instinct. I could go on for days about all the good quality skills and attributes he possesses but unless youre out there to bury the opposition..not just breeze through the game then hes always going to be a 2-3 goal a game player..and to be thats not a great return for someone of his skill.
Sorry if its sounded like I have picked on him all you Tarrant fans

Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:46 am

I agree that we need to be more positive. I think something we should look at is the confidence our coach has in ALL our players. I am inspired and encouraged by the FAITH that he has instilled in this team, and think we should follow suit as supporters. Every week will be better. He left Freeborn on Jarman until half time because he knew Glen would be better for the experience, and that Jarmans efforts escalate with the size of his head, and to move Glen mid term would have given Jarman's ego a boost it didn't need. Every dog has it's day, and this particular dog had a member of his family kickstart his day by giving him the softest free kick I have ever seen.

Sorry for ramblin, gotto go and take the Wife to work.

Later

Swanny

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:58 am

It's not in Taz's nature to run through guys and to get too excited. That's just who he is. We all arn't agressive on the field like Buckley and Molloy. Tarrant does chase and he does tackle and he does punch from behind so he's doing all that can. Note that Daicos was not extremely phisical or agressive but yet he was one of the very greatest players of all time coz he got the footy and knew what to do with it. Tarrant is same, you can't ask for anymore than that.

Fradam Wrote This
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:31 pm

Lockyer24 turns out most people argee with me. And the last thing I want to do is to stir up things beleave me! I don't want to start a fight or anything. Yes you have some valid points, but telling him to get his finger out of his Arse is not pointing out bad points about his game, its full on Bagging him.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:45 pm

And give SOME credit to Ben Hart, who is one of the best defenders in the comp. He makes it bloody difficult for any forward to play well on.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 1:13 pm

Another thing Lockyer. You said that you were unhappy he doesn't kick bags against bad teams. Now this season he has kicked bags of goals against good teams like Essendon and Port. Next thing we know he'll kick a bag against Freo and have a quiet one against Carlton and you'll say he kicks them against crap teams but not against good teams and you'll still be unhappy.

Fradam Wrote This
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 1:52 pm

BE POSITIVE!
I think after Taz played so well vs Essendon, everyone thought he would get even better, and had VERY high expectations of him, as Essendon are the "best" (not true - we are!) team in the AFL.
He's playing so well, and remember, hes only young and has losts of footy ahead of him, and lots of time to improve.

the great number 17
psychosupporter 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:37 pm

About my earlier comments:

Please dont get the impression that I was bagging Tarrant. Believe me, he is one of my favourite players. Its just that I get frustrated at times with him and his unpredictability. The only reason I posted that I didnt think he was trying enough was solely due to my hatred of Mathew Lloyd. There is nothing I could think of better (other then a Collingwood Premiership ofcourse) then to see Tarrant stick it right up him. Tarrant is a great player that will only get better with age and experience. Believe me, there are not many better 20 year olds (or any for that matter) going around at the moment and i have every confidence in the world that he will become an absolute champion.He is already showing glimpses of his greatness... its just that im an impatient collingwood supporter thats sick and tired of failure and torment...
Tarrants a star...
its just that i want him to be a superstar....
and i know now that he will be. I just have to be patient.
So i solemnly apologise for my earlier criticisms of him.
Thankyou...

The year of the magpie...

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:09 am

I think everyone has missed the point here, except Dan the man, tarrant had ben hart (probably the most naturally athletic and skillful player - bar mcleod in the crows side). every week tarrant is targeted by the best defender of each side and will do so every week as he is an emerging star. ben hart hardly touched the ball and did not even set play up like he can do. tarrant kicked 2 great goals and is a target up forward releasing others up forward. not only that he negates the best defender from having any impact. This guy is going to be a star - he already is a great player - he justs needs more 2nd and 3rd efforts which will come with experience.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:13 am

Actually i think chris doesn't realise how good he can and will be. opposition players are already ball watching and backing off when he goes near the ball. more self-belief and crashing through packs and tarrant will be great. keep it up tarrant, i love watching you play and you're kicking great goals, 36 in 13 better than ant last year who kicked 33 all season!

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:26 am

Tazza could've worked a bit harder at ground level on Sat nite but his 2nd and 3rd efforts were good sometimes. He helped set up a couple of goals. Compare him to Lloyd at the same age and he's not that far behind. Maybe just as good, especially in terms of goalkicking.

BRING BACK SHANE WATSON!!!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 9:40 am

I think yous are so unfair and should lay off a bit i had a good look at tarrant on sat nite and he just had one of those filthy days out at the footy it happens to everyone.
The positive is we won without tarrant running amok now thats gotta be good.

LOCKYER 24

MAYBE INSTEAD OF TELLING CHRIS TO PULL HIS FINGER OUT OF HIS ARSE

MAYBE JUST MAYBE THE TOPIC WOULD OF BEEN BETTER TO READ UNDER SOMETHING LIKE THIS.......PIES WIN THRILLER BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO TAZZA!!!!

OK thats my 5 cents worth....GO THOSE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 10:12 am

This topic is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TARKYN24 PULL THE FINGER OUTA YOUR ASS AND THINK HARD B4 YOU POST!!!(not our real Tarkyn of course)

JESUS, HOW MUCH CAN YOU EXPECT FROM TAZZA. EVEN THE BUCKLY'S, CAREY'S AND HIRD'S PLAY AVERAGE GAMES AT ONE STAGE OR ANOTHER AND THESE ARE SOME OF THE AFL'S SUPERSTARS......
THEY ARE HUMAN, INCASE YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TAZZA, WE LOVE YOU!!!!

ELVIRA....................................................

[This message has been edited by Elvira (edited 03 July 2001).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 11:58 am

Let me see now,,how many 20 year olds are running 2nd on the goalkicking list?
Answer....One.....And we've got him!
Why are we expecting a kid to kick 10 a week and bowl over opposition players like the late great Darren Millane did.
The future for Tarrant is very bright and we should look forward to his improved performances, not bag him for an off night.
I also was guilty of saying bad things about him after being at the Hawthorn match. i said he didn't chase and was slow, one month later I found out he went into the game with a leg injury. That taught me a lot about mouthing off without knowing all the facts.
As for his game Saturday night, I thought he was good considering the delivery of the ball and the QUALITY player assigned to him. What we need now is for Leon and co to learn to read the ball off his contested marks. This will happen soon and will lead to a goal bonanza, be patient.
Friends, let us not bag our boys, let us give constructive critisism only.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: