Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pull your finger out of your arse Tarrant!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 4:29 pm
Post subject: Pull your finger out of your arse Tarrant!Reply with quote

I just wish he tried a bit more and he'd be a star..+ we wouldnt have to just 'scrape in' or lose to crap teams like Adelaide.
Hes played like crap the last few weeks and still kicked goals..thats how talented he is..when he get it all together hes gunna be sooo good but right now hes so frustrating!!!

psychosupporter 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally and utterly agree with you. Thats why we both have Lockyer's no. as our logo, because hes a workhorse who always put in 110% and does things that need to be done. If Tarrant were to put in as much of an effort into things as Tarkyn, he'd be kicking bags of goals week in week out.

So yeah mate, I agree with you...

The year of the magpie...

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:31 pm

you've got to be joking. as far as i'm concerned, tazza is great BECAUSE of his second efforts; his efforts to keep it in our forward line. sorry but i have to strenuously disagree. watch his work off the ball more closely.

yarra falls end 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:36 pm

Just remember that he is getting the oppositions best
defender every week. I thought tonight the delivery to him
was pretty poor at times, with him having to prop and wait
for the ball. He still put in plenty of second efforts, some
of which resulted in goals to team mates.

John Greening the legend

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:43 pm

I can't beleive you guys. If you play full forward - some one has to kick it to you don't they ? You can't seriously bag a player from watching it on TV. Leeds aren't shown, pulling of jumpers etc.... These are things that have to be taken to account. Sure he missed some grabs but it was not any easy night and conditions were difficult. Get off his back. Stop knocking our players. Time and time a player gets knocked on this BB and then the knockers have to eat their words. This is simply not Collingwood. Enough said.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:14 pm

Well said, Clemo. But at times I was annoyed with Tarrant. That was just in the sper of the moment thing. Now that the game is over you get time to reflect and see all the things Clemo has said here. Guys why can’t you do that? Are you bagging Tarrant because of this rumor that’s come up between him and Bucks again and using this game as an excuse to put him down when your really thinking about the rumor? It’s ok having your opinion but how do you think players (mostly Bucks cause apparently he reads things posted in this BB) feel when they see their own fans putting him or his teammates down. Keep your negative bagging opinions about players to yourself. Sorry to be so harsh but I too am sick to death of it. Plus we won damn it, so be happy!

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:10 pm

There is nothing wrong with criticism..if we want to be #1 we have to identify work on our faults and weaknesses, and if you know half a thing about footy you will see Chris isnt always switched on. I havent seen him play a decent game against crap opposition all year (why cant he do a Lloyd and kick 12 goals on the crap teams?
Just because hes our #1 posterboy doesnt leave him prone from some criticism. One good mark doesnt make you a star, its consistency, and I bet if you asked Chris how hes played the last few weeks hed tell you..'crap'..

And Ian S, your the only one bringing up the supposed Buckley/Tarrant feud, maybe youre the one trying to stir up things? Me saying Tarrant lacks intensity at times has nothing to do with it.
Its good to see so many people get fired up though about issues like this it shows how passionate we are!
As for the game I was very happy to win considering we played pretty average and got nothing from the white maggots.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:18 pm

Gawd strewth, Psychosupporter and Lockyer24.

I'd hate to see what you'd write if we'd lost.

Look, I certainly wouldn't have put Tarrant in our best players tonight ... but gee whiz, you can't expect miracles every week. What more has this guy gotta do. He is one of the finest players at The Club and will hopefully continue to be for many, many years. He may lack a little maturity but then he's still pretty young. Being immature is one of the privileges that goes with youth.

I really hope all this stuff about him and Buckley not getting on is a load of crap because it would be a very sad thing indeed if two of our most brilliant footballers could not continue to play in the same team.

If there IS a problem, I reckon Buckley is probably the guy most likely to sort it out. He's got the wisdom of age on his side.

Martin Flanagan's article made an interesting point about Buckley. Flanagan said that Buckley embarrasses other players with his commitment to football. (I wonder if Tarrant was one of the players that Flanagan had in mind)

Hopefully young blokes like Tarrant will, in time, learn to be INSPIRED rather than embarrassed by the work ethic of our great captain. Buckley deserves to captain a Collingwood premiership team. I've got no doubt that Tarkyn Lockyer will be there when it happens for the reasons that his fans, Psychosupporter and Lockyer24, have pointed out. I just hope Chris Tarrant is there too. Because he is a champion and I would HATE to see him playing against us.

**floreat pica**

Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:01 am

I think your asking for a bit to much from Taz,
You have to understand that his game is based on his leading and the ability of our midfielders delivering to him.
Our disposal was poor to our fowards and i can only remember a couple of times where we actually did give him space to lead.
With Pebbles missing there was much more pressure on Chris but i thought his second efforts were great and he offloaded a couple of great handballs that resulted in goals.
Give him a break he is only 20 and still has a light frame for a key foward, wait until he bulks up more and then he will be unstoppable.
Yes players like him are frustrating because you know they have so much talent, but i would prefer him playing great in the big games than against the shit sides.

'Look out world cos the pies r coming'

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:22 am

Taz is second in the goalkicking this year, only behind Llyold. Cut him some slack!

Mike, you should delete this topic.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"

[This message has been edited by NICK THE PIE MAN (edited 01 July 2001).]
Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:49 am

Gee guys pretty harsh.

The one great thing about Taz is that week in and week out he always presents a forward target. If he only kicks 3 or 4 goals each week so be it because obvioulsy with our scores at the moment that there are others up there also scoring goals. By making a contest it allows others to become involved. He's not always going to pull down the hanger but as long as he is taking those marks on the flanks outside 50 and then passing into the fwd arc or taking a few marks inside 50 then I am extremely happy. Have a look at his marking stats eaxh week and not his goals for an accurate assessment. My only criticism is that he does get lead under the ball fairly easily. His best attribute is out in front.

I remember a couple of years back when we couldn't get a score over 100 because no-one could mark it on the forward line including Sav. At least now some-one be it Taz, Molloy, Ant, Davis, Holland, Buckley, Clement, Fraser, the list goes on, can take a mark.

Collingwood is Coming!!
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 5:22 am

Just remember that Tarrant kicked the winning goal - just as every other goalkicker did last night.

It's a bit hard to point the finger at Tarrant, Adelaide dominated in the centre after the first quarter and especially in the last, which meant that the ball spent a considerable proportion of the game on our backline. Opportunities were limited.

Tarrant not only kicked two goals, but was a key contributor to two others and did a fair days work with limited opportunity. The problem with stars in any position is that if they have an ordinary week and don't star, but just play a good solid game, they are immediately criticised. Sav was a good example of this. What I hope is that Tarrant can learn to ride the peaks and troughs of fickle support and not succumb to the lack of confidence that ultimately crippled Sav with the Pies. I have no doubt that Sav was sacrificed by the supporters.

No need to delete the thread Nick. There is more support here than criticism and even Lockyer24's initial post was one of disappointment, not lack of support.

Once again I ask all of you that you think before you post. Please think about the effect that a title has, it's like a headline in a newspaper and sets the scene for the thread.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 5:52 am

mike, I agree. if people continue to bag players just because they are not absolutely dominating games, it might get into the minds of the players and have a negative effect. everyone has quiet games! it's not as if tarrant is not living up to his potential; he's not even 21 yet and is second on the goalkicking for god's sake!! the crows were not a crap team last night, they threw EVERYTHING at the Pies, but they still came through. and if you listened to the commentary last night, it was tarrant's sheparding work 15 metres out of goal that allowed bucks to lead out and take the pass from holland, who then went back and kick the winning goal.

as mike says, THINK before you post!! Eddie and the players read the posts in this bulletin you know. would you feel as comfortable saying these things to their face? I think not.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 6:28 am

Mike, u have hit the nail on the head. Guys lets not pressure our forwards with perhaps unrealistic expectations. We did it to S Rocca and even B taylor before that. Now we are shooting down a kid whose is still learning the ropes. This is a totally inappropriate title for a posting and as supporters we should be sensitive to what these kids are exposed to day in day out from supporters who can be harsh and unrelenting.For the record I think the Taz played an admirable game, when he was beaten he was still perserved and he gave off a couple of other goals as well as kicking some himself. Make no mistake this kid has what it takes, he player on a 200 plus games and 3 time all australin last night. Guys LETS BE FAIR for the greater good of Collingwood.

Louis

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 6:44 am

Tarrant isn't playing great footy the past few weeks by his own admission but he's still contributing and he's stick kicking 2 or 3 goals every week which is still good plus he's contesting every mark and bringing the ball to ground to our rovers advantage or getting it himself. Cut him some slack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fradam Wrote This
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: