Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WOOHOO!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychosupporter 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 4:31 pm
Post subject: WOOHOO!Reply with quote

WWOOOOHHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!
Coliingwood by 2 points!!!!!!(its about time we won a close one)
YEAH!!!!!!
Gee.... barracking for Collingwood is bad for my health!
I just got a bunch of ulcers listening to that match!
Wow.
That win was brilliant!
We didnt have Rocca and we didnt even play well!

I suppose im posting this just to see if any other of you supporters came close to being hospitalized.

The year of the magpie...

Phillbuck Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 4:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you blokes were able to HEAR the game. ABC really had the streaming audio screwed up on the internet. All we heard from about the 2nd Quarter on was new age crap music from Brisbane---what a wanker that was.

Thanks to Nick's sight at least we had an idea of the live score---come on ABC get your act together!!!

Well maybe we can see the game on Fox World Sports here in the States as it was a close one---but wait a minute Fox has not been to good to our Pies this year and really has not given them much exposure---looks like someone needs to smack them in the face with that spiritual 2x4 and wake them up along with ABC.

Way to go PIES and hang in there to win a close one!

Hey AFL---the premiership Pies are coming!!!!!!!

Phillbuck, one of your PIE brothers from
Lancaster, Ohio USA
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 5:02 pm

I think that win surpasses the Port Adelaide victory. It takes fortitude of character and inner strength to withstand the Crows like that. The odds were tilted slightly in favour of Adelaide: no Richo and no Pebbles, Jarman looking as if he was going to kick 10+ goals, Boffa looking half fit, Tarrant being beaten by Hart, and O'Bree thrashed by Stenglein, then benched. But, what guts, what determination to withstand the challenge and throw down the gauntlet to the rest of the AFL by doing the double in Adelaide!!

Anyone who still has doubts that Nathan Buckley is THE most complete player in the league should have a look at his second half. When it came down to the crunch, it was Bucks who provided the leadership, the inspiration. wow - I'm speechless and in awe of the skills of this man!!

My votes:

3 - Nathan Buckley (37 possessions, 2 goals...nuff said)
2 - Steven McKee (consistent 4 quarters, 2 goals)
1 - (tie) Paul Licuria (negated McLeod's influence)
1 - (tie) James Clement (2 early goals, then kept Jarman goalless in the second half)

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 5:12 pm

Psychosupporter scribed:
Quote:
I suppose im posting this just to see if any other of you supporters came close to being hospitalized.

Yeah I was fumbling with my heart failure medicine for the duration of the game. Damn those child proof lids.

Go Pies, what a win...
Carol

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 5:29 pm

I think we got nothing from the umps all game, Holland got his head taken off at the end there..
Adelaide got every soft little thing there.
Adelaide had 20 frees to our 11.
But the only thing that matters is we won I guess

Bucks looked wrong there for a while (some of you might understand what I mean by that..I got used to winnin without him!) but he was the reason we won in the end..13 kicks in the last quarter..he is a CHAMPION

yarra falls end 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:28 pm

Yeah, what a great win.
I thought Wakelin really stood up in Richo's absence.
Bucks' last quater was a blinder.

John Greening the legend

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:38 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I'm having a heap of trouble thinking what else to say? What has the talk been - "No Buckley, no Collingwood"???? I've denied that vehemently for the past few weeks. We've been ace without him.

Does anyone even want to imagine how that match would have gone without him??????

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:49 pm

Yep, the crows had 25 men on the field and we still won My only concern was that Clemo was not put on to jarmen earlier. This should have been done by the end of the first quarter. I'm sure the Pies will learn from this game and to do it without Richo and Pebbles was a truly amazing effort.

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 7:00 pm

All the superlatives are necessary to describe the guts that they displayed. I agree that Bucks was sensational, McKee great again and Licca very effective, but sh*t there was a lot to like about the composure and delivery of Lockyer when it counted
Lockyer vying with Josh for the most improved, and winning by a streak for getting the most out of his potential.

Very Very Underrated

[This message has been edited by afisher (edited 01 July 2001).]
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:50 pm

There's no doubt that watching footy is bad for your health if you care about a Club as much as I care about Collingwood.

I got myself into quite a state watching that game. My hatred of Jarman just about gave me a stroke. Every crap umpiring decision almost caused me to burst a blood vessel in my head. It was horrible.

Then, when Adelaide had that set shot at goal with a minute and a half to go, I was resigned to defeat. That last minute was UNBEARABLE. And then, when the siren went, I nearly did myself an injury leaping around the living room with my scarf in the air like a friggin lunatic.

My flat mate hates it when I have to watch a Collingwood game on TV. She's actually scared I'm going to smash something. She made a point of putting my guitar in another room while the match was on ... just in case.

Tonight was the first game this year that I haven't actually been at. God I HATE watching football on TV. It is just so frustrating. At least, when you're at the game, you FEEL as if you've got some influence on the result. You can start a chant or something. A bit like John Kennedy says, "At least I did SOMETHING!!!"

It was also really weird watching a delayed telecast because I knew, in that hectic last quarter, that I was watching a game that had already finished. That's a really hard concept to get your head around, I reckon. Here I am, getting worked up into a frenzy about something that happened an hour ago.

Then the siren goes. And you see the Cheer Squad. And you see Joffa wearing the winner's wig. And you're sort of kicking yourself for not being there.

But that's football. I love it and I hate it. But I guess I'm hooked ... So be it!!!

**floreat pica**

Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:17 am

It was a great win considering we played average.
I think that we really only had 4 clear winners on the night with a few breaking even with their opponets.
Bucks , well what can you say he is the modern superman and his effort last night was heroic and didn't you just love that comment when being interviewed after the game when that idiot Neil Kerley asked about his own game and he said "stuff that mate it's the team that matters"
I loved Mckee's game and he really is proving a few of us wrong, i never thought he was much of a player but there hasn't been too many games we have lost with him in the side.
Molly was great and how about that pick up and pass to Taz in the 3rd quarter it was awesome stuff.
Tarks was great as well , he really is a vital cog to this side and really is becoming a leader.
I thought Davo , Chipper and Obie shouldn't have played as they really looked out of sorts but we won so all is good.
Bring on the Pussies and their handbags.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 8:11 am

couldn't agree with you more.
What a game by Clement though!! Talk about versatility, starting off in the foward line, then going to full back on Jarman. I'm so glad that the Pies picked him up. I remember a few years ago at Vic Park when we played the Dockers. Sav kicked 10 goals that day and we flogged them by 100 points, but even then, Jimmy impressed me with his skills and pace. another further vindication of C'wood's successful recruitment this season. Molly continues to do well (yep how good was that one handed pick up), Wakes disposed of 2 opponents, steiner tried hard all night on kane johnson, and brodie had a solid contribution (he did deliver the final killer pass to Bucks).
yes, bring on Geemong!!!!

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
biodave 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 9:12 am

Loved your post ALF!!!
Although I can't really relate to you because I don't attend footy matches often, I certainly understand your emotion.

Now to the game, I just thought it was a great win. Well worth staying up for.(Though it was a DELAYED delayed Telecast cause the friggin rugby dragged on for 15 more minutes. Vexing)

Overall, it was a REAL GUTSY EFFORT. And in my opinion, the BEST win thus far. This was because the boys had everything against them:

1. playing against a pro-adelaide crowd (Notwithstanding, the CS were brilliant as usual
2. losing rocca and richardson- two vital leaders
3. having boofa and OB under obvious injury clouds
4. and coming off a 6 day break opposed to Adelaide's 12

I'd just like to congratulate the boys on their top effort! They displayed sheer courage last night.

My Beef: It annoyed me that Ayres decided to drag the adelaide team to their Cheer Squad at 3/4 time because it reminded me of the Coll v Geelong game 2 yrs ago at Kardinia park. A narrowly lost game. But the telling difference this time was that the MIGHTY PIES GOT UP.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:04 pm

trust adelaide to play their best game all year..actually probably their best game in 3 years..i cant believe we won...if we can not play that well and still win games, then all goes well for the future

we're coming...
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:06 pm

Am I just a whinger or did the Umps give is nothing, and gave Adelaide a few easy goals?
It was a massive win considering we didnt have our centre half back and centre half forward..two vital spots on the ground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: