Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seriously Impressed #? and *We Won***!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:07 pm
Post subject: Seriously Impressed #? and *We Won***!Reply with quote

Well Macca and Cornes called it the game of the season so far.
Certainly it's the best the Crows have played that I can remember...not that I watch them all that much.
I expected to massacre the Crows because of their recent poor form...but wouldn't you know it...they come out and play like champs...Jarman kicks 6 and Roo and Vardy regain form...AND WE BEAT THEM.
MM says its about the 3rd worst we have played all year...and we won!
And this gives us 8...already ahead of last year.
We had a lot of things against us...away game, the SA crowd, 40000 and one-eyed and obviously influencing the umps...(I rarely knock the umps...they do their best...but they certainly didn't suit us this time)...and a Crows side that played fast tough football...and we won!
We didn't panic, we stuck it out and everyone did their bit. Bucks was awesome! McKee was great...I love that guy, Clement a Star, Licuria terrific, and Dimma and Tarkyn...everyone did their bit for the team. Win or Lose they are a great bunch...as a group they could be the best we've ever had.
When players have a downer...there's a lot you don't know...they might have the flu...they might not have slept...they might be carrying a niggle...they might just not be on a high and sparkling...but most important of all, there's another team out there, and they are full of talent, and opposition champs on their day will hold even the best player to an ordinary game...credit has to be given.
Our team carries commitment and passion that cant be faulted...you can only do your best...so win or lose, I salute their efforts!!!!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 3:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good teams can play badly and win.

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 9:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, you're right. We played badly against Melb and won.

the great number 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: