Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I STILL CALL VIC PARK HOME

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:09 am
Post subject: I STILL CALL VIC PARK HOMEReply with quote

ITS GONNA BE A SAD DAY WHEN WE FINALLY LEAVE VIC PARK ALTOGETHER I MEAN I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY WE COULDNT HAVE PLAYED A FEW RESERVE GAMES THERE THIS YEAR IVE BEEN TO POINT GELLIBRAND ONCE THIS YEAR AND ITS NO WHERE NEAR THE SHRINE THAT VIC PARK IS AND I HOPE WE BECOME A SINGLE RESERVES TEAM AGAIN CAUSE WILAMSTOWN MEANS NOTHING TO COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ah same here we have so many friends down there and so many memories and i kno Collingwood r crapping on about all this working with the Institute of Sport at the new training facilities and rah rah rah but i tell u now just stepping inside the gate of Vic Park and realising how lucky and honored they should be to even train on the sacred turf of Victoria Park should instill enough passion for them to win. I guess that has all gone out the window in todays game but Roos have shown that they can win two premierships in the one decade when they have the worst facilities in the league so yeh that must prove something.

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

As much as I love the place we all have to face up to reality - Victoria Park/Mchale Stadium is DEAD as a viable training, rehab and playing facility. The facilities offered at the Glasshouse area will be second to none and wont cost us one cent in ongoing set up fees. Plus it will be a venue that the club can use as an income generating asset instead of having to shell out money all the time for repairs and renovations etc etc.

If anyone read Nathan Buckleys article in todays Sunday Herald Sun you will see the most accurate line have have read for a long time -

"The heart of a club lies not in it's location, but in each and every one of its fans"

We are the custodians of the heart and soul of this club and therefore the club will lose NOTHING by moving on and will gain everything!!!

Once we move we will no longer be 10% behind the interstate clubs (and one or two Melb Clubs) at the start of the year because they have been able to get their players up from injury faster than us because of their facilities.

Come on everyone - lets all move on - everything changes and evolves and if we, as a club, dont change and evolve ourselves we will be left behind again and we will have to experience the dark days of recent seasons again.

Nothing but the best for Collingwood.

Collingwood are nothing but the best!!

Dillo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: