Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andrew Demetriou on Talking Footy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:19 am
Post subject: Andrew Demetriou on Talking FootyReply with quote

well well, last night andrew demetriou was on talking footy but I can’t say that he was very informative. When queried about the tough issues, he just ducked and weaved and basically avoided giving any firm or straight answers. north losing 7 seconds against hawthorn due to dodgy time keeping? unfortunate, but it was an error, and on the whole the time-keepers are excellent (duck). players running into umpires on the weekend but were not penalised. does this mean the earlier decisions were wrong? no they weren’t wrong, but now players and umpires are making a greater effort to avoid smacking into each other (weave). was the AFL disgraced in mysteriously losing a large amount of money? not disgraced. All medium to large business have, from time to time, these sort of things occurring (dodge). which victorian clubs are in dire financial straits? we’ve identified 2-3 clubs that are in this position but I won’t name them (evade). 5 sunday games scheduled for round 22? we try to cater to all clubs needs by ensuring that they don’t do too much travel prior to the finals (sidestep)….and so on and so forth.

what I wanted to know was: why the hell was the round 22 kangaroos and pies match switched? (I see he still hasn't replied to my email). and why should the AFL be investigating the possibility of clubs like collingwood sharing gate receipts with lesser clubs, and subsidising the league?

about the only useful thing he said all night was when the panel were queried by robert walls about who out of josh fraser, brad ottens and lance whitnall would make the best leader at a club. Both he and bruce mcavaney said josh. good old caroline, she just can’t get rid of her richmond bias and had to say brad ottens. hey, ottens is a fantastic player but there is no chance in hell that he would be one fraction of the footballer or leader that josh will be.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought he was pretty hopeless on the show last night. He kept stuttering when we was thinking what to say next.

JDF
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:34 am

what abt when they said that the people thought the afl was doing a good job because they had a 6% increase in attendances... that 6% is basically because of collingwood and their good form..the afl are a joke.. and talking footy is pathetic..hot pies were spot on with their assessment of caro "hack journalist" wilson ..she has got no idea...

we're coming...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:55 am

Caroline Wilson is the stupidest, biased, and most ill informed twit that writes about football. Not to mention that has got one of the ugliest faces I have ever seen.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 27 June 2001).]
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:47 am

I dunno Joel, I kinda have a thing for Caro. just the seductive way she crosses her legs, the cute little lisp, those flowing black locks. Oh to be the couch that she’s sitting on!!!!

notnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnotnot

the AFL, it stands for A-holes For Life

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: