Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

February Draft Latest!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Janssen 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 1999 6:46 am
Post subject: February Draft Latest!!!!Reply with quote

We have drafted Glen Freeborn today as everyone expected but with our second choice we drafted Cameron Venables.

Who the hell is Cameron Venables???

Does anyone know his vitals?

Is he any good and what type of player is he?

Can someone shed any light here??

Thanks

Dave

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 1999 8:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron Venables is from Claremont - there is no info on their website about him, however of 23 games played last year he was in the best only 3 times and kicked three goals..... Hardly inspirational stats but you never know.

------------------
Damien
paul 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 1999 2:16 pm

In an earlier post re: the intra club practice match, I mentioned a player who stood out for his hardness and direct opproach to the ball. He collided heavily with Brown and one other player. It turns out that this was our draft pick. I don't know his stats, but he is strongly built and appeared to be tallish ( compared to the others we drfted - not hard I hear you say).
He played out of the back pocket that day.

Apparently he was suspended twice last year, so he obviously needs to learn to control his aggression. The short video they plyed of him on Prime news had him playing in the back line.

------------------
Charlie 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 1999 6:23 pm

Thanks paul.
We picked up a good player. I saw him in the intra club, and again in the reserves against Carlton. He was obviously trying harder than our listed players (ask Gavin Brown), so allowing for that , he still had presence as he got to the ball, and got to contests.
He was a bit like Zorro , not knowing who is was most were asking ' who was that masked man ?. Now we know.
He is built like kouta and is quick. We have to wait for the real stuff to see if he lives up to his current example. I hope so.

Mick 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 1999 10:05 am

OK you training spies what's the dirt on these guys ?
Troy Kirwin (so far drafted, dropped, rookie listed - can we make up our mind ?; is he the natural athelete type or is he actually a footballer)
Jeremy Sharpen
Cameron Venebles
Carig Anderson
Matthew Manfield (he's played seniors for Fitzroy as well (I think) but is there any value him going again?)

Also a friend of mine told me No.11 played really well against Carlton - who is it ?

Go Pies
Mick

petro 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 1999 3:40 pm

I think your friend got it wrong Mick as number 11 is Fuller and he didn,t play all that well. I was impressed with Paul Licuria he seem's to know how to play football. I also like little Frankie Raso I think his skill level is very high.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: