Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

replacement for nick davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B.MAN 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 11:57 am
Post subject: replacement for nick davisReply with quote

i think these are the possible replacements for nick davis next week against the crows,rintoul or adkins,do you all agree??

who will be be dropped for buckley if he comes in next week??

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 1:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupert will get dropped. Tyson played better.

i love Danny Roach 4 eva and eva
Spongo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 1:59 pm

garbage, Rupert turned the tide in our favour when the game was in the balance after quarter time. He played a great game. Davis will be rested for Buckley and either dimma or maybe tyson for rintoul, who has something to prove against adelaide.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:21 pm

Hey B.Man mate. I agree with Spongo that Rupert turned the tide in our favour. He has got real balls that kid I think Rintoul in for Nick Davis. And Adkins in for Licuria who remember has done a groin! I've heard nothing about how bad his groin is, so i don't know if he'll be out. But if so I think Adkins. But we need another defender because Adkins is midfield player???

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:25 pm

as if rupe will get dropped! he played like a gun. and of course bucks will get back in for nick davis. and if someone else were to get in then dimma would probably be dropped.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:27 pm

oops i forgot about Bucks! How silly of me

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:44 pm

ha. there's no way rupe will be dropped. bucks will come in for davis, and i'd tip that rintoul might come in for dimma. adkins still isn't match fit.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:18 pm

dimma and steinfort play the same roles, because of steiner's good form against west coast, dimma will probably get a run at willy next weekend.

if everyone comes up, Bucks will come in for dimma and rintoul may miss out.
if nicky or licu misses, then both bucks and rintoul will come into the side.
if both nicky AND licu miss, then bucks, rintoul and maybe chipper will come in.

I worry about the matchups though. as matthew robran will be missing, the crows will be running a small and mobile forward setup, with beinke, vardy, even jarman or smart. expect presti or wakes to spend significant time on the bench. beinke can be dangerous and kicked 5 goals against the pies last year. he looks to be too mobile for wakes; I expect someone like clement to go on him, maybe presti.

we have 2 players that need to be tagged: simon goodwin, who had 26 possessions against the bombers, and of course andrew mcleod. expect steiner to go on goodwin, if rintoul doesn't get into the side, then maybe tarks or OB on mcleod.

bucks will be tagged by stenglein, however don't be surprised if goodwin tries to go on bucks; he did this last year and had the better of him. if so, c'wood should run the same ploy when woewodin tried to tag OB. dimma persisted with tagging woewodin, and OB was able to break the tag and run riot. same situation, except use steiner instead of dimma.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:25 pm

There is no way Rupert will get dropped. Rupert is one of the most courageous players we have in our side. When the chips are down you can always count on Rupert to deliver.

Next week in Buckley and out N. Davis (injured)

I think Dimma is borderline as i agree with Junk Boy as Dimma and Big Carl are similar players. Although next week it may prove to be beneficial to have two taggers next week to rotate off McLeod and/or Ricciuto. But they cant drop Big Carl as he has been one of our most under rated players this year.

I believe Rintoul and Burns and Adkins will be forced to play in the reserves as why drop players from an in form team ?? The players currently in the team should be rewarded and left in the side.

One of the things i like about Collingwood this year is our depth particularly in the midfield area. We still have Rhyce Shaw and Scotland and Didak who would be jumping out of their skins to play senior footy. This year is merely the stepping stone to an unbridled assault on Essendon next year. I believe this year we are very close to beating Essendon. Give this current group another year together and i believe we will be the team to beat next year barring any major hiccups.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 10:39 am

Rupert Betheras was bloody good last week.

I doubt there will be many unforced changes. Pretty hard to drop anyone after a 13 goal win. Tony Shaw said they're staying conservative with Adkins.

Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 10:52 am

What about Neon Leon? Is his possy safe, or will dropping him unbalance the side?

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 10:57 am

No way Rupert will get dropped, I was really impressed with his game last week. I thought he rebounded the ball well from defence. Leon Davis doesn't get many opportunities but I think he's getting better and deserves to keep getting a game. I haven't been a huge fan of McKee but I think the last two games he's be fantastic and I got a chance to talk to him last week and he's a good person and playing well. I'd bring Adkins in for Nick Davis.

Fradam Wrote This
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 4:07 pm

Don't drop either Neon or Rupert, both guys played brilliantly. Probably Rupert's best game in a long long time. Neon Leon was brillaint when he came on and created a few opportunties for goals aswell as kicking a few himself. Great games by both. Sad to say but maybe Dimma should be dropped (Sad to say after he played a blinder against Melbourne).

Just how are we going to fit, Rintoul, Adkins, Burns and co. back into the side? Who is going to be dropped? I'm sure there is a couple of players that have been warming the bench who could be dropped for these players.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 24 June 2001).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 4:14 pm

I just thought about something. I said it will be "sad to say" that Dimma should be dropped, BUT then I realised that Collingwood must be ruthless to players who don't keep form.

JDF
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 5:14 am

rupert will not get dropped. bucks will come in. let's remember that adelaide have few talls up forward so why should we continue the tall back scheme. horses for courses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: