Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

From the president

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, do you have to be a social club member to attend this evening or can you just be a season ticket holder.

Bernadette

PIE_CHICK_4EVER 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 1:24 pm

I will try to be present at the night, I will try my best to get there.
It will be an interesting night.
You and the rest of the gang at Collingwood keep up the great work. Thank you for being a supportive friendly club.

Amie aka heaven

BLACK AND WHITE FOR LIFE!!
the prez 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:24 pm

Be there with bells on Ed.Just have a few enquiries regarding Olympic Park,webcasting of Magpie events(Copeland,Jumper presentation,etc) and a Collingwood Hall of Fame/museum.CYA Wednesday nite.

GO WOODS

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:48 pm

To Mr E Mcguire should he read this....
I am intersted in the arrangement with Williamstown as our reserves side and player list numbers. Has any consideration been given to playing Williamstown home games at Victoria park??
I realise we dont want to encroach on their identity but I was just thinking we need to have our prescence preserved in the VFL competition and ViC park home games in the Willy strip should be considered as a possibility. Yes, I was one of the supporters who did not agree with the move from VIC park so I see this as a suprising opportuinity to maintain our historical home.

Louis

DG 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 4:54 pm

I would just like to say that I agree with Seth on the internet issue, in that for us country members in particular, it is difficult to get some people to sign up for membership when you live 2 hours outside of metro Adelaide, if you are lucky you might get to see one and maybe two games a year (Collingwood games that is), or if you can afford to go to Melbourne to see games, which is much more fun but can cost a couple up to $1,100 from where we live. I feel that Internet membership should be part of all country memberships, I think you take for granted the exposure that Collingwood gets in Melbourne on both the print and electronic media. If you do not have access to the internet or cannot access a two day old copy of the Herald Sun then you hear very little about the Pies, as the South Australian Advertiser, as is expected, tends to focus 95% of it's energies on The Crows and Power teams. It is for the abovementioned reasons that it should be a mandatory part of every country membership.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:57 am

yeah, i second what DaicosForever is saying about the reserves. i can't go to the meeting but im a member so someone ask about it. me and my mates used to go to the ressys at vic park all the time but now its too far away, so it would be good if someone could get them playing back at vic park sometimes. when the two teams 'merged' or whatever the arrangement is they got to keep their name, jumper, and home ground, even if there were just a couple of games at vic park it would be good.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 5:12 pm

Unfortunately I can't make the meeting at Vic Park on Wednesday, but if anyone thinks this is a worth question could they please ask it for me and post a reply here?
At the meeting they will be announcing a planned move of the administration from Vic Park to the Glasshouse, were they plan to have a public gym and stuff to raise revenue.

-My is question/statement is that this venture sounds a lot like the property development of the Alan McAlister years that almost sent the club broke.
Back then, the new magpies admin came in, fixed up the club then just when we turned the corner they spent heaps on outside ventures.
What makes this different to the early 90's period of property development?

Thanks in advance to whoever asks.

Shaun 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:00 pm

I'll be there as well, Ed.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
-General George S. Patton-

ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:19 pm

As a supporter of this great club,it saddens me everytime I see great initiatives like this and I cant attend.
I can still remember being in the outer as a young bloke with my old man and a bloke carrying a bag yelling "peanuts,shilling a bag,peanuts" going thru the outer all afternoon.
That gives me the creeps to think it was so long ago,even before my all time favorite magpie,John Greening played his first game.
I hope you all have a good night and best wishes Mr President from a bloke that didnt miss a game from 62-72 and has only seen 3 games since live and we lost them all.
but now with the internet at least i can get some info each day and talk magpie whenever i want with my cyber friends.
gopies

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:22 pm

You must be an old bloke Ed, your time at VP and mine cover the same period.

ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 3:26 am

My son is 23 he calls me an old bloke.My dad is 75 he calls me a young bloke.
Dont think of myself as an old bloke tho.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 4:13 am

Your occasional posts are always worth reading Tom, you obviously don't believe in posting unless you have something to say. I'm glad to see that you're still around, there aren't many of the originals left.

...and thanks for the words of support.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 4:19 am

Ed

Wait till you've been around here for a while and see if you feel old - even the president's a kid

That makes 3 of us Greg, how many more Pies are there out there who use the net can remember the 60s?

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 2:21 pm

Eddie MAGuire actually made mention Nick's Web page and some sort of "partnership" with the official site.(soemthing we don't know about Mike . He also made mention of the Cheersquad a few times. Kerry even made a point about the number of young supporters in the squad, as some woman who wouldn't shut up kept on harping about EssonSCUM and how many ankle biters they had and all those hacks who wear bomber jumpers. Good one Kerry.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 2:48 pm

well, according to the membership figures, collingwood has 7,033 junior members while the bummers have 6,307. nuff said.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: