Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Melbourne Recruting Manager says: Leon not up for trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
travis johnstone for l.davis would be the best trade we could do if melbourne are interested in davis, i can't remember davis ever standing up and playing a good match against a decent team, and don't mention the game against freo this year cause freo are not a good team.

Most of his best games have been against Port...
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:20 pm

If Bizzell decides to walk from the Dees then Presti could be used as bait to get someone like Johnstone (if he also baulks at a new contract with the Dees).

We would only trade Presti on the assumption that we could pick up a Bizzell in the pre season draft. So, say Presti + draft pick for Johnstone and some of our dead wood for Bizzell, if he decides to give the Dees the ultimatum of a Stevens scenario, i.e. take a player or you'll get nothing.

madman Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:30 pm

davis has played heaps of great games against the lions and essendon and had a great game against port the last time we played them (yeah right), he is never in our best players when we loose and is generally a passenger when we win, doesn't like going after the hard ball, i would much prefer to keep shaw, trade davis for johnstone.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:32 pm

madman wrote:
travis johnstone for l.davis would be the best trade we could do if melbourne are interested in davis, i can't remember davis ever standing up and playing a good match against a decent team, and don't mention the game against freo this year cause freo are not a good team.

isn't he like averaging 3 goals a game v Port the last 3 years, including finals? I'd suggest Port are an OK team.

madman Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:44 pm

i would suggest playing well against one team is pretty average, pitty he can't play well against the lions maybe we might have won a flag in 2002 rather than having the stats of one fat donut, anyway i would rather johnstone than davis.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:20 am

madman wrote:
davis has played heaps of great games against the lions and essendon and had a great game against port the last time we played them (yeah right), he is never in our best players when we loose and is generally a passenger when we win, doesn't like going after the hard ball, i would much prefer to keep shaw, trade davis for johnstone.

Take a look at Collingwood v Port at AAMI in 2002
Take a look at Collingwood v Port in the Prelim final 2003
Take a look at Collingwood v Port qualifying final in 2002

Davis had good games in all of those. Espically in 2002, where in the home and away game he was our only forward and in the final he kicked the winning goal. Nobody played well against Port in 2004.
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:33 am

madman wrote:
i would suggest playing well against one team is pretty average, pitty he can't play well against the lions maybe we might have won a flag in 2002 rather than having the stats of one fat donut, anyway i would rather johnstone than davis.

If you think he is such a dud how do you suppose we will get Johnstone for him?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:15 am

Nicko, swap McGough for O'Bree in the Morrison deal.

Good to hear he is staying. He has been a project for 5 years and is almost finished. Shaw is the one who will be bait - the Tigers are scabs - throw him at them and see what we can get - Dragacevic?
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:49 am

Johnno......no offence mate, you are generally amusing to read, but if you think the best we can get for Rhyce Shaw is Marc Dragacevic, you've been smoking the same stuff that premiership coach Mark Williams smokes when he parades himself.

Rhyce Shaw is three times the player Dragacevic ever will be and given that the Drag has been delisted, we don't have to trade for him, we can pick him up in either of the drafts.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:10 am

Regarding Leon Davis, I somehow remember him kicking 4 goals against the scum this year and an overpayed moron called O'bree missing a set shot 20 to 30 metres and in the process assisted in losing the game for us. Leon could not be crucified for not having a go that day, many others could though, In fact he was our highest goal scorer and Rocca and Tarrant both were playing, though Rocca did get injured at some point. So many people are good at finding Leon's negatives and love to forget his positives. Sure he can be more team orientated but that will come in time. Overall he is worth hanging onto in my opinon.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:16 am

As far as I'm concerned, Davis's second half of the year was one of the best of any Collingwood player and I can't believe people are looking at trading him. Given that every club in the comp has a forward pocket in the ilk of Davis, who lives or dies on 2 - 3 opportunities per game, we aren't really in a position to criticise the bloke.

Last 11 games of 2004 - Registered under 10 positons only twice and kicked 14 goals and played midfield for the final 4 games.

Not bad as far as I can see.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:01 pm

Draga was a very promising player before his knee injuries. A change of enviroment will help him.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:07 pm

Don't agree. Draga is over it, and GORN.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:09 pm

Joel wrote:
Don't agree. Draga is over it, and GORN.

Agreed. Not even for a late draft pick.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:10 pm

Better to draft you Johnno than Dragalegabit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: