Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ottens

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So we've got Harvey I'm figuring!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:29 pm

You are beginning to know me very well 3rd Degree, very well.

I know assumption is the mother of all evil, but if the Kangaroos have a deal of such ilk and it's concrete, you couldn't imagine many other things, especially as the picks have to be single figure picks.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:47 pm

If the Roos were offering pick 10 and 7, Ottens would already be at Arden Street. The Roos have offered pick 10 and something else, which is probably Sinclaire (out of contract) and the Tigers have said they are first in line because that's the best offer anyone has given them. The Cats have offered pick 11, the Roos are in front cause they have offered pick 10.

Harvey isn't going anywhere and The Cats are throwing away a great oppourtunity because they wont trade with us (the bastards! just give us a gun midfielder damn it! Smile ) Kerr is stuck at WC for the moment, I fear we'll be using pick seven come draft time.

Listening to SEN we're making a huge play for Kerr (obviously) to no avail atm, and we've still got the pick seven deal on the table to Geelong and the Roos.

- Ben
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:49 pm

So Brent Harvey is going to become a Pie...not bad, although that is good bye Tambling.
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:50 pm

Guys, Greg Miller said, and I quote 'North are the only team to offer two first round draft picks, we aren't interested in players for Brad.' Hence, North are the front runners as they have a concrete deal in place to push through. As Miller said, they hadn't signed a deal with North as they still had 13 other clubs to speak with at that point in time.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:01 pm

i dont think even if we kept pick 7 tambling would have made it to us
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:07 pm

The mail I had and it comes from the Swans was that they believe Cats will ultimately do the deal. Pies said they would only take Tenace as the swap but may look at Moloney with a second pick. Pies are the only ones who will deal in the top 10 and cats know what they have to do.

Swannies are convinced he wants to remain in Melb and so will chase others.

If Harvey was to come to Pies I would be gutted. Whilst a v good player - he is 27 and his pace is his only asset - that will be gone by 30. Not a wise deal.

Tenace is a good deal.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:23 pm

I said elsewhere that I wouldn't mind Harvey, I will say the same thing in here, but the age is worrying.

I reckon we will trade with either Geelong or North. If Geelong don't trade a good midifielder, of which they have an abundance, then they will not get Ottens. Alternatively, the Roos will probably give us Harvey for pick 7 and they will get Ottens.

Wouldn't Geelong then have to get another Top 10 pick though? That pretty much rules them out. If people don't want Harvery from North, who would they prefer?
MarkT 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:34 pm

Nath wrote:
See your point to Rob8, but in two years when those guys give it up, Harvey is 29 with two good years left in him as well. You get a Kerr for example and by the time Bucks, Burns and Licca go, you've got Johnno, Dutchy, Jules, Daks, etc, all around the 24-25 mark to bring in the new regime.
Harvey is exactly the sort of player we need. He is quick, prepared to run and take players on and he has good skills. That is the absolute job description for what we need. Add to that he is the group we are missing due to a poor drafting record in the mid/late 90's. The Harvey type of player is the only thing lacking on our list apart from a gorilla ruckman. Cam Cloke may be that man in a couple of years, meanwhile we'll have Ant. to carry that load in short bursts.

Harvey's age is the only downside but when he turns 29 as you refer to we will hopefully have Didak and Johnson established in the midfield and Brayden and Heath Shaw as our younger midfielders with Mullins some chance as well as Zane. Plus we have a couple of drafts and trade weeks in that time.

Kerr can play but he brings what we already have to the table. Importantly he doesn't bring Harvey's pace. He won't help us win a premiership in 2005/6 while we still have Buckley and Burns to lead the midfield. Harvey very well might.

I'd like Kerr but I'd love Harvey.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:50 pm

I think that the Roos may want a player as well. Laidley knows Collingwood's list, and may go after McGough and pick 7 for Harvey, he may not want a straight pick 7/Harvey swap.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:08 pm

He might Joel but where else will he get a pick as early as 7? If he wants Ottens badly enough we'd be asking for change not Laidley. Maybe Harvey & Harding for pick 7, the 4th rounder and McKee where we pay his salary. North could use a backup ruckman and we need to be a bit inventive. We also need to package a deal to get a return on O'Bree. I'd be talking to the Dogs about their second/3rd round pick, Obree and what else they might want.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:26 pm

Tambling will go top 3 methinks. Impressed alot at the draft camp.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:58 am

I'd prefer to deal with the Cats, and not the Roos. They so despititly want to deal for Ottens, they are going to cough up Kelly, Bartlel or Tenace. All 3 would fit in well at the Lexus Centre. Scare them into throwing Josh Hunt in if we put O'Bree in the mix! Twisted Evil
Rob8 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:24 pm

Reports on SEN and BigFooty suggest that the Ottens deal mwill be as follows -

Geelong

Receive - Ottens
Lose - Picks 16, 32 & David Wojcinski

Richmond

Receive - Picks 14, 16, 32
Lose - Ottens & Zantuck

Essendon

Receive - Zantuck & Wojcinski
Lose - Pick 14

This deal seems fair for all teams involved but unfortunately leaves us out of the loop and looking elsewhere for a taker for pick 7 to attract a gun midfielder

Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:33 pm

The Tambling comment brings up an interesting point for me - i.e. we can't lose here. It's a beautiful position to be in. Either we pick up a Harvey/Tenace/Kelly/Bartel, or we procure ourselves a tidy investment in the medium-term future. Win-win.

I just really hope we don't get desperate and compromise, and take Kerr or someone we don't need. Sure, Kerr would be a handy player, but it's tough to rack up hard ball gets from a prison cell - at least, the kind we like.

- Streak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: