Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHO SHOULD GO WHO SHOULD STAY?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why get rid of Tarrant? Despite injury and suspension he basically carried the forward line all year. If he was to go, we'd have to get Riewoldt in return. As for Cole, he is on my untouchables list. I would not trade/delist him. Betheras cannot nominate for the draft this year as he has not played state league football (except one game for the Gulls reserves).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:40 am

BHPIE wrote:
I thought this was a Collingwood Site. It seems to be more of an english studies exam , judging by most of the replies,or is it a lack of football knowledge,if you disagree with a pie fans opinion at least back it up

What's it being a Collingwood site got to do with anything?

I don't care for his/her opinions, but the use of capitals was a bit much.
Rob8 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:40 pm

Well capitals dont really bother me but in response to the topic 'Who should go? Who Should Stay' - Here's my list

Delist -
Ben Kinnear
Luke Mullins
Andrew Williams

Trade-Able-
Mark McGough
Shane O'Bree
Rhyce Shaw
Steve McKee
Simon Prestigiacomo

If no trades can be done for the above players i feel we lose little by delisting them as they all have major limitations in their games (Mostly Kicking!) - If required Presti can be included as tradeable to lure a bigger name player from a team that needs a key defender.

Proposed deals -

R.Shaw to Richmond for D.Rodan
M.McGough to West Coast for C.Morrison
S.McKee to St.Kilda for S.Fisher
S.Prestigiacomo and S.O'Bree to Melbourne for T.Johnstone

Players gained in these deals are not necessarily all stars but will give us a new look - they add some experience (which we lacked in 2004), they add some pace and skill to the midfield and Fisher is compensation for the loss of Presti in the backline.

I think all these deals are reasonable and can work and will again make us a finals contender in 2005

Retain -
Nathan Buckley (Capt) (V)
Scott Burns (V)
James Clement
Cam Cloke
Jason Cloke
Richard Cole
* Tom Davidson
Leon Davis
Alan Didak
Josh Fraser
Brent Hall
Brodie Holland
Ben Johnson
David King
Paul Licuria
Tarkyn Lockyer
Matthew Lokan
Ryan Lonie (Has he re-signed yet?)
Billy Morrison
* Bo Nixon
Guy Richards (Has he re-signed yet?)
Anthony Rocca
Julian Rowe
* Luke Shackleton
Brayden Shaw
Heath Shaw
Dane Swan
Chris Tarrant
Shane Wakelin
Tristen Walker
Shane Woewodin
Nick Maxwell
Justin Crow

* - Last chance next year

Now i realise this is in many ways a fairly conservative list and in other ways many of you will differ in your opinions but its just my opinion and would be pleased with any feedback

vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:51 pm

I agree with most of what is said there Rob8, but two things:

1. Presti is NOT deslistable. There is no chance in hell we delist him, seriously...

2. If we were going to trade McGough for Morrison, presuming Morrison would have to have a spot in the best 22, I'd rather just put McGough in there.
Rob8 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:01 pm

Fair enough mate - sorry i didnt properly explain my decision on Presti and dont worry i wouldnt be delisting him either.

I included him because i feel he is the quality of player that we will unfortunately have to give up to gain a player the quality of Johnstone without losing our pick 7 which from some of the other posts ive read could turn out to be anything.

With regards to Morrison V. McGough i really love the way goughy gets the pill and kills em in the wet conditions on Anzac day but unfortunately we play half our games under a roof and just 1 game on anzac day and his disposal by foot has let us down on 2 many occasions.

Morrison (before injury) however was rated as good as Cousins, has played under MM before and could release others (ie: Cole, Lonie, Johnson) into the midfield, his disposal by foot is much better and he wants to play for us unlike goughy who has asked to be traded 2 years in a row.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:06 pm

Next year is not Davidson's last year. He deserves two more to get his confiodence back. 2 in 2 years would hurt anyones confidence - especially a young kid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: