Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cole Rumour

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:03 pm
Post subject: Cole RumourReply with quote

As reported on Hotrods, Richard Cole may be sent to the Dons in a straight swap for Mark Bolton.

Your thoughts?
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete rubbish is the thought that comes instantly to mind.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:09 pm

if that happens it will prove our football department is a joke, why would u trade an up and coming star for a complete dud....havent we learned not to trade with essendon ala Olarenshaw and Ukovic
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:16 pm

Why would we trade a 21 year old future star for a 26 year old washed up dud?. If this rumour is true, i'll flip. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:21 pm

Better not happen, or I'll be mightily @#$@#$!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:25 pm

You and me both. Flarn filth flarn.
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:43 pm

A break-even proposal.

Bolton will never be anything more than he is, a toiler.

Similarly Cole will never possess the composure and football smarts to be anything more than he is now.

Sorry if that offends those amongst us who think he'll be the greatest thing since canned beer but he's still the same dumb-arse footballer (enthusiastic I grant you) he was when he debuted.

In short, I see little value in gaining Bolton but similarly I consider Richie very expendable and those who see him as a future star are seeing in him WHAT THEY WANT HIM TO BE rather what is actually there.

vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:28 pm

I guess you really are a wombat, living underground, if you can't see that Richard Cole has improved greatly since he started. He is twice as smart and aware as he used to be, and he's getting better all the time.

Bolton, on the other hand, is garbage that can't even hold down a decent position in a backline starved for talls at Essendon. When Dustin Fletcher, as useless as he's become lately, is still the primary tall defender, you're garbage.

If we give up Cole straight up for him, I'm going to go commando on Magpie HQ, and take it by force, and then instill myself as President, as it will be clear our football department is out to destroy the team.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:55 pm

vinnie, with you. commonwombat has a blindspot with regard Richie, he has been on his case for ages.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:56 pm

One of the main features of the common wombat being that it is almost totally blind.

Cole improved a hell of a lot in 2004 and will continue to do so for a couple of seasons yet. Beat a hell of a lot of others home in the Copeland this year, did you notice?

I would also suggest that the decision making errors that at times mar Cole's game now, are just the sort of mistakes that experience irons out.
As a backmen he also needs to work on getting into the best position when body on body and this too is something that comes largely with experience.

Hits damn hard, lays plenty of tackles, has dash and isn't afraid to run past for the handball and run the ball out of the backline. Does have a nice kick when he steadies. Really is hsaping as a gun once he matures and gets around 80 to 90 games under his belt.
Gomez 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:17 am

He must stay & should be moved to the midfield.

We need new blood in there. We look stale, predictable & the good sides have a midfield edge on us.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:31 am

Cant agree there Tess, I think Cole is suited to playing in the middle. You have a good look at him, he is a burst type of player in the mould of scotty Burns. Probably a bit quicker than Burns and just needs to learn some more footy smarts. Has a tough body that he isnt affraid to put on the line and could be the right kind of crash and bash in the middle to nullify the likes of black, lappin, voss and co
gohard Aries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:06 am

Leave him in the backline,lets face it if MM thought he could play in the guts he would of had a go by know.Anyway if we take him from the backline we would be a small defender down and he has been given a few big jobs this year,granted not all have came of but it shows MMs believes his future is in the backline.Wombat l don't think he will be a star but he will play alot of good footy with us,,but saying that most of us Pie supporters do believe EVERY player is going to be a gun.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:03 am

I, for one, would not trade him unless Dal Santo was on offer. He has done a great job in 2004, and was one player who bounced back from a horror 2003 Grand Final. He has done very well since arriving at the club and the only way is up. Bolton will not get better then what he is already.
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:40 am

Coley's improvement has been significant this year as the Copeland result indicates. His progress is dead on track and look for Coley in a midfield role in the next season or two.

How you can think Coley's trade with bolton would be a break even propostion is rather amusing!!! Essenscum would need to come up with a fair bit more then that dud.

Never Forget the #42
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: