Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Some Bollox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloggie Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:31 pm
Post subject: Some BolloxReply with quote

Hey Guys,

I have been reading the Draft/Trade Forum with interest. It is the silly season again, will there be another big name saga like the Woey one from a couple of years ago. Seems like there is one like that aforementioned every year.

The thing that strikes me about some of the comments is the fact that some Maggies would like the 'older' players such as Pike, Crawford et al. IMHO there is absolutley zero value from picking up a player that is around the 29/30 age bracket as they are on the downside of their playing career. We need the early to mid 20 types who are quicker, faster and stronger. Lets face facts, we have our fair share of 17/18/19 year olds as well as some..... cough.....ahem...ageing talent.

I would take a gamble on an Ottens or T Johnstone - someone that can defo play at the highest level and is proven BUT for some reason they simpy aren't firing at their respective club. Malthouse seems to get the best out of limited players...I would back him to kick start Ottens or similar.

Last point, who really are the untouchables at CFC? Buckely, Licca, Fraser, Tarrant (at least we thought he was right?)...Hmmmm! Some of our untouchables need to stand up and be counted this year or they will find themselves surplus to requirements. I cannot believe that CFC management will accept the same mediocre performances from the list that we have just suffered. That said Eddie failed last term in landing anything that resembled a quality player - shallow promises eh!

Last thing....Tom Davidson! Providing he doesn't get crocked again - then Tarrant and Davidson will kill the comp. How could any back line cope with 2 x Tarrant esq players moving quickly around the forward line. If TD did get crocked again in a relativley short period of time then that WOULD be the end of his career (IMHO). So assuming that TD and Tarrant are fit with Rocca at CHF . . . . . . .where do you play Fraser in the forward line? For the record, I reckon that TD is class...potentially way better than Faser in the forward line.

BTW: Tex is average.

Ok, I know I will have got a few people off side with the comments - so apologies friends.

Cheers,
Cloggie

PiesFan 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good points

Out of those untouchables u listed, i would have Burns and Rocca in there as well. They are our leaders. Anyone else, would probably be tradeable. Maybe Jimmy would be considered untouchable as well.

I also see no benefit of recruiting a player like Crawf who has a huge salary and only 2 or so years left.

In regards to davidson, there seems to be so much hype and hope about the kid. Remember he only played 1 quarter of football. Admittedly, he showed great signs. But he is young, and with youth comes inconsistency and frustration. He showed how good he can be, but that doesnt mean he will always be playing at that level when he gets back. To say we will have 2 tarrants in the team next year, is a bit unrealistic in my view. The guy will be not be the fittest player in the team coming back from 2 knee reco's. I hope he proves me wrong but i doubt he will have as huge of an impact as some expect him to do.

In regards to tex, he is average at the moment, but i see potential in him.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:50 pm

Agreed - Wouldnt be surprised if Fraser's name pop's up during next week.
cloggie Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:55 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Agreed - Wouldnt be surprised if Fraser's name pop's up during next week.

I don't think Fraser will be going anywhere just yet but you never know in this funny old game.

Cheers,
Cloggie

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:04 pm

I would like to be as sure of winning powerball as I am as sure that Fraser will be our next captain.
loch 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:19 pm

Rolling Eyes If you think about it strategically, our least tradeable player is one who's still out of contract last I heard. Guy Richards.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:03 pm

Tess wrote:
Fraser will be Vice Captain to Captain Didak within the next few years.

Bookmark this post!

I believe I mentioned Didak as captain in 2008 or something myself the last few days. He was Captain of the Australian AFL youth team of 2000 against Ireland. Great minds think bullshit at the same time Wink

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:06 pm

Fraser will be the next skipper, but don't be surprised if the Cats want him. He was a Cat supporter in his youth and they may look at him.

Most of the whispers rarely come true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: