Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Billy Morrison

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:17 pm
Post subject: Billy MorrisonReply with quote

When he was drafted he had huge wraps on him and the way I read it he is a similar player to Jonathon Brown. Apparently he kicked 9 goals on debut in a senior side in Tasmania as a 14 y.o. I know he's still only around 18 but how did he go this year in VFL, is he going to be a gun and will he get a senior game this year?

Richo.

Last edited by richo on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he kicked 9 goals as a 15y.o in he's senior debute, not the senior granny & not when he was 14.
richo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:35 pm

William Morrison

Height 192 cm
Guernsey Number: 10
Weight: 98 kg
Recruited From: North Hobart
Debut: -
Date of Birth: 6 January 1986

MAGPIE BIOGRAPHY
A physical key position player in the Jonathan Brown mould, the Tasmanian teenager was selected by the Magpies with their first pick, at No. 17 overall, in last year’s National AFL Draft. Although he missed last season after a shoulder reconstruction, he has been earmarked for an AFL career since kicking nine goals on debut for North Hobart seniors as a 14-year-old. Could eventually develop into a centre half-forward, centre half-back or full-forward. Recorded the biggest hand span at the 2003 National Draft Camp.

Got this from collingwoodfc.com.au
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:40 pm

There u go.
Having the biggest hand span is intresting. Travis Cloke is very similar. When holds the footy there aint much leather to be seen.
richo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:42 pm

Thanks scooby I went and checked and you were right he kicked 9 on debut, not in a GF. I would still like to find out as much about him as possible. Have you watched him play?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:55 pm

Looks like a big dud in the games i've seen him play. BUT he's young and the jury will be out for probably another 2 years on him. Let him grow and have a look at the end of next year at Willi. Can't see him in the firsts until at least mid to late 2006 - but who knows.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:06 pm

Will he take over Kinnears mantle? Razz

Give him time.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:22 pm

No this guy can play.
U must remember he missed most/all of 2003 season. This will be he's 2nd pre-season & look for a big improvment. If all goes well (injury wise) he will make he's debut mid to late 2005.But u must understant that it also depends on what C2, Rocca, Tazz, Josh can produce.Hopefully he will start to put pressure on these types of guys by mid-year.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:38 pm

If you chatted if a few North Hobart supporters, they could give you all the info you want. If you want I can give you the url to their message board, they should keep. If you want it, pm me.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Cam wrote:
Looks like a big dud in the games i've seen him play.

Man people are pessimistic about our young guys on these boards...
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:12 pm

I saw plenty of Willy games this ear and I must agree with cam in thinking this guy cant play to save himself at this stage. He has no prescence on the ground and struggles to hold a mark. Late in the year he was shifted to CHB to learn to mark and take control of contest a little better but was dropped to willy reserves for their finals campaing only to be injured.

In the games I have seen he has looked absolutley lost . In a recent interview with Balmey he compared his progress to that of Tex Walker circa 2002 in his first year. Sound slike a positive spin but we can only wait and see.

Never Forget the #42
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:49 pm

Why don't you read the whole post vincent. What am I meant to say - "Yeah he played like shit with legs but hey, he's the next Jonathon Brown!" He physically looks a bit like Brown - big deal. I look like Tickleme Elmo but I ain't getting no laughs. He *might* be good in a few years time. But getting dropped to Willi reserves is surely not a positive step forward. By all means give him the years - but if you'd seen him play - you wouldn't be saying I was pessimistic - you'd be saying I was being positive by saying to keep him on the list. He has a LONG way to go.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:50 am

This one is still a baby. He is big and strong and needs time to develop. some big guys take longer to develop than others and this one will be worth waiting for. He is very similar to Tex Walker. Has anyone else noticed that walker seemed as if he had no real belief that he desrved to be out there. Now the belief has come he is stedily improving and I believe Morrison has the same problem.
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:14 am

Cam wrote:
Why don't you read the whole post vincent. What am I meant to say - "Yeah he played like shit with legs but hey, he's the next Jonathon Brown!" He physically looks a bit like Brown - big deal. I look like Tickleme Elmo but I ain't getting no laughs. He *might* be good in a few years time. But getting dropped to Willi reserves is surely not a positive step forward. By all means give him the years - but if you'd seen him play - you wouldn't be saying I was pessimistic - you'd be saying I was being positive by saying to keep him on the list. He has a LONG way to go.

I understand that, and as said, I wasn't referring only to you, or only to your comments, I probably shouldn't have even quoted you, but there's also a lot of talk about delisting Shackleton and Nixon, both of whom have shown something, and a few other players.

It was just a general statement; if it was about you, I would've have actually attacked you. I'm sorry you thought I was picking on you specifically.
samuel Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:46 am

I hope I'm wrong, but the games I saw he was lost! Players with potential can find the ball and read the play early on, Billy had no idea!
I feel another waste of a first round draft pick.
Please Billy prove me wrong!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: