Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Its Time For Realism

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:44 pm
Post subject: Its Time For RealismReply with quote

I've had enough of the Big Footy tripe, had enough of some of the dribble spat out here, its time for Collingwood supporters to get realistic about the upcoming trade period.

Collingwood will not secure the services of Travis Johnstone for Matthew Lokan and a second round draft pick.

Collingwood will not secure Chris Judd for Chris Tarrant, regardless of what people think, Judd is a mile in front of Tarrant in the ability to merely win a game off his own boot.

Collingwood will not get Cameron Bruce, for Pick 7 or for anything.

Joel Smith is overrated and never been the same since he left St.Kilda, obviously we need him Shocked

Rhyce Shaw and Simon Prestigiacomo will not get you a Brent Harvey

We are not going to secure the services of a big name unless we trade the untouchable, on of the no go areas and realistically, that list is small enough as it is. Players like Lokan, Shaw, McGough, etc......if we don't bloody want them as players and we see them 22 weeks a year, tell me why another club would want them.

C'mon.....just a taste of realism would be appreciated.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As tough as it is for me to say it Lockyer might be attractive trade bait.

www.facebook/the hybernators
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:55 pm

Good post Nath.

I too was getting frustrated with all this dreaming going on. It's a harsh reality, but something we need to accept. All the players mentioned will only get us similar types - ordinary, which is not what we need.

And with Lockyer only just starting to play again, I doubt he is trade bait either.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:11 pm

who do people think out of our top ranked players would you trade what about Holland for Harvey? then brodie can tag him every time we play north.

www.facebook/the hybernators
richo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:14 pm

We definitely need to be realistic after all if you spend peanuts you get monkeys.
pistol Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:01 pm

Players that people may rate as untouchable, but for the right deal I don't have a problem with it. Can't get emotional about particular players, need to trade to win a premiership.

Shane Woewodin
Guy Richards
Brodie Holland
Cameron Cloke
Ben Johnson
Tarkyn Lockyer

To get the services of a camerion bruce, brad green, Daniel Kerr, Brendan Fevola, Daniel Giansiracusa

Just want people thoughts if we did do some major trades.

We can always trade:

Jason Cloke
Matthew Lokan
Ryan Lonie
Mark McGough
Steven McKee
Tristen Walker
Andrew Williams
Rhyce Shaw
Dane Swan

But what do we get in return, you trade these kinds of players in the hope that changing clubs may bring the best out in them.
ronniebeast 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:04 pm

Very Happy Yeah, some of the suggestions crack me up.

Gone are the days of Lehman and Starcevich for Buckley....

We really missed No 11 running down the wing....
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:29 pm

Lehman kicked the point to beat the eagles by 1 point at subi in 1992. That day monkey was awesome. So as bad as people thought Lehman was, he has a special place among us WA Magpies.

For what it's worth, Tarrant is untouchable - full stop. No judd for him in my opinion. Taz has been improving for years and will continue to. Headland was an awesome midfielder at brisbane, judd is awesome but he also has cousins, kerr and the underated fletcher around him. You can't stop them all.

Taz is a matchwinner too.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:42 pm

Cousins, Kerr and Fletcher - feeding Judd

compared to

Voss, Black, Lappin, Akermanis and Clark Keating in career best form as a tap ruckman - feeding Headland

Judd has barely had the opportunity to play with one of the best ruckmen in the comp in Gardiner and he's only gunna get better.

When Tarrant kicks 80 in the season I'll call him a matchwinner......until that time, I still reckon you could play Buckley out of the square and Judd in your midfield and you'd beat more teams than you'd lose to and thats without Tarrant.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:01 pm

Your absolutely correct Nath. Some of the suggestions are absolutely stupid. I Agree with you in that how do we expect to trade a player for a good player when he barely plays 12 games a season for us. No club is that stupid to give up a star for a player that can't get a game in an injury riddled team!

Perhaps as a club we should be looking at players that can help top up our team and become better players. What do I mean by that? I believe that our top 12 players are as good as any in the Comp. Where I believe our problem is between players 13 and 20. Perhaps we should be looking at Clement or Holland type players that we can turn into good players.

Lets look at it this way, you would certainly give Bucks a rating of 10 out of 10. When Clement was first drafted to Collingwood, most of us would have given him a rating of about 5/10. Since then, he has become a 10/10 player. What I am saying is that we should be looking at players that are about 5-6/10. Yes it is a bit of a gamble, but we could do not worse than some of the players that we currently have on our list. At the end of the day, it would be much easier to trade a Shaw for these types of players then some of the suggestions I have been reading about.
COLEingwood 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:28 pm

how quick you guys forget!!!!!!!

in season 2002 who was the best forward in the league???

how do you rate rWolt this season???

thats how tarrent was the season b4!!!

if he puts in a good pre season and stays inj free, you will be eating your words!!! just one season ago ppl were saying that tred, lyd and tarrent were the best forwards in the league.... i rem watching tarrent take 17 marks on many occas, in 2002 and when he does that, he is unstoppable and so are collingwood, so if you think tradding tazza would be a good move........... well you work it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazza will be back kkicking arseeeeeee in 2005 and everyone will be thanking GOD that we didnt trade him for anyone including JUDD!

vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:26 am

COLEingwood wrote:
how quick you guys forget!!!!!!!

in season 2002 who was the best forward in the league???

how do you rate rWolt this season???

thats how tarrent was the season b4!!!

if he puts in a good pre season and stays inj free, you will be eating your words!!! just one season ago ppl were saying that tred, lyd and tarrent were the best forwards in the league.... i rem watching tarrent take 17 marks on many occas, in 2002 and when he does that, he is unstoppable and so are collingwood, so if you think tradding tazza would be a good move........... well you work it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazza will be back kkicking arseeeeeee in 2005 and everyone will be thanking GOD that we didnt trade him for anyone including JUDD!

First, you mean 2003.

Second, before you compare Tarrant's year to Riewoldt's year, Tarrant kicked 54 goals last year, and he was our leading goalkicker, with the next closest being Anthony Rocca with 45, and Alan Didak with 36.

Riewoldt kicked 60 goals this year, and that was alongside Frasrer Gehrig, who kicked 103 and won the Coleman medal, and Stephen Milne, who was the second best small forward in the league with 46 goals.

Riewoldt did that by taking his opportunities. Tarrant needs to learn to kick a LOT straighter if he wants to be the best forward in the league.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:02 am

Anyone who's watched the eagles over the past 5 years knows that Gardiner's first preference EVERY time is Fletcher. I don't need to produce stats because I've had the eagles shoved down my throat for the past 17 years over here. When Gardiner comes back it will be Fletcher who will reap the benefits, not Judd.

Judd is a very good player and a matchwinner. To suggest Taz isn't a matchwinner suggests we are talking about two different Taz's.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
COLEingwood 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:39 am

sorry i did mean 2003
but look over the tape of the games....
tarrant did alot more work up the ground that year and took mark after mark, and killed off opponet after opponet.... he was clearly one of the best forwards in the league.... if riewoldt has some injurys next season and therefor doesnt have such a great year and you where a st K sup would you want to trade him???
if your answer is yes then i say no more...............

how easy some forget how good tarrant was in 03!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:16 am

I would be getting these three:

Tim Notting
Ty Zantuck
Jeremy Humm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: