Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No use getting excited people, we'll get nothing.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesso Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:20 pm
Post subject: Why is this?Reply with quote

Collingwood a team who is well off financially has never really traded well in the past years! The only makor signing to Collingwood in a while was WoeWoeWoeWoedin! And trading the best full back in the AFL for Jaryd Molloy maybe wasnt the best swap! But i did love the Molloy. But I think for Collingwood to really succed in the future we need to be trading a little better!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Molloy wasn't a bad deal. We did well for 2 of the 3 years.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:22 pm

CAM its now 3.30 on Thursday, unless tomorrow is a massive day, and it often is your psot was excellent
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:28 pm

I am getting nervous and annoyed. Why can't we seem to land a big name? Or anyone for that matter? Morrison, Bartel, Kelly, Tenace, Chaffey, Zantuck, Notting...all of them will come and go and we will yet again miss out. I demand some fresh blood.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:24 pm

Surely we can get rid of O'Bree somewhere, for anything. He's the only one I definitely want gone. There are others that I wouldn't worry to much about, or miss, but O'Bree is different....
swoop 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:27 pm

The more I think about it the clearer it becomes. The reason why other clubs don’t trade with us is because they are jealous! They see Collingwood as a super team with lots of money and a bright future and they don’t want to enhance this by giving us players that we might be interested in, in other words they don’t want to make us stronger. So Cam you might be right on the money here, well get nothing but that’s ok cause it doesn’t matter, well still be the greatest sporting club in the land. That is because of you and all the other fanatical Collingwood football club supporters. As for shopping Obree around, well you’re starting to sound like an Amway sales man Laughing
lethal68 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:45 pm

I agree with Cam. I'd take back Hrisoulakis just to get rid of Turnover O'Bree.
innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:18 am

I'll offer my Eureka Stockade snow dome ...for O'Bree.. .. Confused I need someone to play with the dog. Rolling Eyes
LeonSkyDiamonds Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:04 am

i've just thought of a fair deal. Trade Mcgough, R.Shaw, Lokan, Obree, Williams, Kinnear, King, Swan and Mckee for Power's last selection. And if that doesn't work, throw in Presti and Shackleton. Now that would be a good deal for Collingwood. I reckon we should do something novel this season and try to aquire players who can perform 2 or 3 of the fundamentals, like kick(in a straight line, over a jam jar), catch the thing(on their chests of course) and/or hold the ball in their palm and punch the f***** thing(otherwise known as handballing i think). Fair dinkum, lets start going after kids with good skills,as we have been up near the top when it comes to turnovers for too long now. Even in our GF years. Judkins should of been told to keep an eye out only for kids with silky skills. Gee i wish we could get Tenace off Geelong in exchange for even our top 2 picks. I just reckon that Peter Matera types, which Tenace will no doubt be, with extreme pace and silky skills, are worth their weight in gold. Although i would happily settle for James Kelly instead. But if i could pick any young midfielder in the league apart from Judd, i would choose Kane Tenace. Even in front of Luke Ball, Del Santo, Hodge, Notting, Bartel, Kerr, T.Johnson etc etc. Tenace is very very SPECIAL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:07 am

The worst thing to think of right now is that...the end of the day will come and O'Bree iwll still be a Magpie!!! Shocked
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:37 pm

Not looking real flash atm.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:46 pm

The fax machine mechanics have been on standby all morning for the last minute stampede.

Remain positive, Cam. I heard that Manangatang Thirds are trying to swing a deal whereby they land O'Bree for two steers, three sheep and and four heifers to keep the grass short on the training ground, but Collingwood are resisting demands that we also pay O'Bree's salary for the next five years!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: