Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why does everyone want to trade Presti?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dees wouldn't trade Bruce for Presti.
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:48 pm
Post subject: PrestiReply with quote

Why we would entertain any thoughts about giving up our vice captain and main goal kicker amazes me. I wouldn't care who they offered us for Rocca.
But Cannibal raises a valid point about Presti. Wasn't Presti one of the names named as a possible trade for Stevens by Williams last year. Presti at least has trade value as a tall negating back, of which there aren't that many in the AFL (although his worth has dropped due to injury this year). We have emerging talls who can cover for Presti, in Walker and Hall and Walker's development has been stalled by having too many people in front of him this year. What we need is pace through the midfield and a small mobile forward such as Nathan Brown (don't know why we didn't chase him last year)
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:08 pm

I dont think anyone wants to trade Presti, he isnt like O'Bree.

I think if the right trade came up, and it required we lose Presti, then we might do it. While it would obviously be great to keep him, if we can get a Del Santo or Bruce or Harvey, he is probably expendable
sq3 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:44 pm

I hate to say it but 2004 was Presti's worst year at the Pies.

He was fighting injuries all year but WAS constantly beat and cost us loads of goals.

As well as that Presti has the worst disposal of all our defenders.

If we compare Presti to Max he loses badly on skills and pace as is the same with Tex - but Tex would beat him on strength as well.

He will be offered for trades but I do think MM wants to keep him and see how he goes in 2005.

Presti does have a heart as big as Vic Park and I think that will make MM try to keep him for 2005 - unless the price is right.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:34 am

sq3 wrote:
I hate to say it but 2004 was Presti's worst year at the Pies.

1997 was worse. He was injured and sick all season.

sq3 wrote:
He was fighting injuries all year but WAS constantly beat and cost us loads of goals.

He wasn't the only one beaten. Most players had a down year - he'll be back, along with the Pies in 2005.
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:41 pm

As i said before we cant go in expecting to win games with inexperienced backamn like Tex and Hall taking the oppositions best forwards. I have every confidence that MM will keep Presti until someone develops into a solid,consistent key back capable of taking on the likes of Tredrea,Brown,Lloyd,G-Train.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: