Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Five achievable (fingers crossed) trades for us

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:43 pm
Post subject: Five achievable (fingers crossed) trades for usReply with quote

With all the rumours of who might be coming to us and knowing the types of players we need and who we have who are expendable, here is a wish list that could be achievable to both parties if we sell it right:-

1. Lokan + Draft Pick to Port for Dew. Lokan is an Adelaide boy, only young and with good experience under his belt already. He does have all the right skills but just needs to be played in his most suitable position for a while and he could then develop into a 150 game player. Dew is class and has some mongrel as well. A win for us, but Port wouldn't feel like they have been necessarily dudded as they secure a more than handy replacement.

2. McKee & Presti + Draft Pick to Saints for either Dal Santo or Ball. Thomas has said he is looking for key defenders and a ruckman and rumours have already surfaced that they're looking at McKee. To get either of these guns we obviously have to give up a fair bit so essentially 3 players for 1 would be a reasonably good bargaining tool I'd think. Obviously, Ball will be the harder of the 2 to secure, especially after his finals form which showed he's going to be an absolute gun, so maybe we direct all our efforts to Dal santo. The Saints would obviously not want to lose either of them, but salary cap restraints + maybe an overabundance of this type could sway it our way.

3. McGough to Blues, Whitnall to WC, Kerr to Pies. This one is obviously a bit longer odds, but there are wins for all. Pagan would definitely be keen on McG, while WC need tall forwards. I'm assuming that Kerr is maybe a bit out of favour with the Eagles so he may be expendable. And we get Kerr for McG, a definite win.

4. Shaw to Richmond for Zantuck. Wallace has said he'd like him and Zantuck is leaving so let it happen.

5. O'Bree to Hawks for Smith. Smith apparently wants out and they could do with an OB type.

6. Williams to anywhere for a Draft Pick which we can use in any of the above scenarios if needed as extra bait.

The result is we get Dew, Ball/Dal Santo, Kerr, Zantuck & Smith; all players with the types of skills we need. I'd regret losing Presti as that could come back to bite us, but with our young talls coming through we should be able to handle it.

Thoughts????

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1. not likely to happen but let's hope so. most likely of the scenarios to occur.

2. My God let's hope we can get our hands on one of those but I think the Saints will be trying to hold onto all their players. I also doubt Presti will be traded, looking at the backline structure and with Wakes and Clement close to the end of their careers you can see why. But it'd be nice to grab one of them.

3. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha essentially we're trading McG for Kerr, lol, raoflmao - nope, won't happen. Maybe McKee and McG to Carlton for Witnall and someone who we ontrade to WC for Kerr with a pick of ours, but not likely. WC wont be trading Kerr in a hurry unless he wants out.

4. Shaw for Zantuk, neithre will have much game time next yera, might as well keep Shaw.

5. OBree for Smith = good trade, and might come off if he wants to leave the Hawks, but it revolves aound us picking up another quality midfielder, as Smith is a HBF, and we've got a few of thsoe going around. He's the icing on the cake if we pick up a Del Santo or a Kerr, however unlikely.

6. who will take him? will cement a spot in the Bendigo 2's, his time is up unfortunately.

- Ben
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:52 pm
Post subject: Re: Five achievable (fingers crossed) trades for usReply with quote

blackandwhite4life wrote:

1. Lokan + Draft Pick to Port for Dew.

2. McKee & Presti + Draft Pick to Saints for either Dal Santo or Ball.

3. McGough to Blues, Whitnall to WC, Kerr to Pies.

4. Shaw to Richmond for Zantuck.

5. O'Bree to Hawks for Smith.

6. Williams to anywhere for a Draft Pick which we can use in any of the above scenarios if needed as extra bait.

1. Port wont trade with us, Lokan is shite... Not gonna happen

2. U need to trade class, not gonna get ball or dal santo for mckee and presti. Bomb number 2

3. McGough for Kerr Rolling Eyes Wishful thinkin...

4. Done.

5. Obree is no good, and i dont want a money hungry Joel Smith.

6. Williams will be kept for depth.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:05 pm

I WANT DAL SANTO!!!. i sure hope no. two works out. however the salary cap restraints might work against us as presti and mckee might take up a lot of room
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:30 pm

Number 2 isnt that far fetched. Its Mckee, Presti AND a draft pick. Thats 3 players for one however... i'd rather us offer a draft pick and Presti for Cameron Bruce and keep Mckee for another trade.

But 2, 4, 6 sound ok. 1, 3, 5 are if we are very very very lucky
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:47 pm

No.1 will only happen if we trade with the Port Magpies in the SANFL for a player. There is no way Port would take Lokan, unless they want another "former Port" player in their side. And even if they decided to do the trade, there would be no way we would get Dew.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:00 pm

Appreciate the responses, but I don't agree that Lokan is shite. He's good above his head, has good kicking skills especially from a set kick, is hard, can tackle and has some pace. Wow, he's starting to sound like a champion!! But seriously, he has good skills to work with but his decision making and involvement needs improving. With the right support that could happen. Well, that's the way I'd be selling him to a prospective suitor anyway.

And as for Presti, it was only 12 mths ago that John Barnes was listing Presti as our most least replaceable player, even above Taz & Rocca. I realise the guy is a moron, but Presti was very highly regarded. If the Saints are looking for a good key defender then they could do a lot, lot worse than him.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:12 pm

A lot of teams could do worse then Presti, he has really come a long way since he first came to Collingwood. He'd make good trade bait, if we can find the right player. I'm sure there's a few teams that would want a player like Presti in their side.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:25 pm

Not averse to any of these trades but highly doubt any of them would be landed.

1. Lokan + Draft Pick to Port for Dew.

Port will want a hell of a lot more than Lokan for Dew.

2. McKee & Presti + Draft Pick to Saints for either Dal Santo or Ball.

St Kilda will want plenty and I doubt Ball or Del Santo are going anywhere. If they were to leave the Aints it would not be for less than a top 10 pick and a player.

3. McGough to Blues, Whitnall to WC, Kerr to Pies.

Braun is more likely to be traded than Kerr I think. Would anyone really be interested in Fatnall? Carr from Port Adelaide will probably be in the mix as he wants to return to Perth.

4. Shaw to Richmond for Zantuck. Wallace has said he'd like him and

Zantuck isn't a bad player, asked to play KP this year, which was too big an ask. Good player who has some serious personal issues. If he's put them behind him he might be a good pick up.

5. O'Bree to Hawks for Smith. Smith apparently wants out and they could do with an OB type.

Doubt they would be interested in O'B but not a bad trade if we could swing it.

No one is going to want Williams period.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:29 pm

haha your kidding aren't you mate?

4 is possible.

Every other scenario there. Your dreaming.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Five achievable (fingers crossed) trades for usReply with quote

Woey #02 wrote:

Williams adds depth? Depth for Williamstown? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:19 pm

Daks wrote:
Woey #02 wrote:

Williams adds depth? Depth for Williamstown? Laughing

Could be Williamstown reserves as far as we know, but MM likes the way he plays or he wouldnt have got him in the first place. Expect him to stay on especially since BK and probably Rhyce and McGough gone.

He will be a spare parts again.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:36 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:
With all the rumours of who might be coming to us and knowing the types of players we need and who we have who are expendable, here is a wish list that could be achievable to both parties if we sell it right:-

1. Lokan + Draft Pick to Port for Dew. Lokan is an Adelaide boy, only young and with good experience under his belt already. He does have all the right skills but just needs to be played in his most suitable position for a while and he could then develop into a 150 game player. Dew is class and has some mongrel as well. A win for us, but Port wouldn't feel like they have been necessarily dudded as they secure a more than handy replacement.

2. McKee & Presti + Draft Pick to Saints for either Dal Santo or Ball. Thomas has said he is looking for key defenders and a ruckman and rumours have already surfaced that they're looking at McKee. To get either of these guns we obviously have to give up a fair bit so essentially 3 players for 1 would be a reasonably good bargaining tool I'd think. Obviously, Ball will be the harder of the 2 to secure, especially after his finals form which showed he's going to be an absolute gun, so maybe we direct all our efforts to Dal santo. The Saints would obviously not want to lose either of them, but salary cap restraints + maybe an overabundance of this type could sway it our way.

3. McGough to Blues, Whitnall to WC, Kerr to Pies. This one is obviously a bit longer odds, but there are wins for all. Pagan would definitely be keen on McG, while WC need tall forwards. I'm assuming that Kerr is maybe a bit out of favour with the Eagles so he may be expendable. And we get Kerr for McG, a definite win.

4. Shaw to Richmond for Zantuck. Wallace has said he'd like him and Zantuck is leaving so let it happen.

The result is we get Dew, Ball/Dal Santo, Kerr, Zantuck & Smith; all players with the types of skills we need. I'd regret losing Presti as that could come back to bite us, but with our young talls coming through we should be able to handle it.

Thoughts????

1 - Possible. Dew for Loklan is possible, and Dew may be out of favor.

2 - Never in a million years. Maybe for a lesser player, but not two stars.

3 - I strongly doubt it. Is Kerr from WA? if so, then he will stay. Whoitnall for McGough is possible but I'd hate it if it happened.

4 - Possible - 90% sure it will happen - but I( hope it doesn't. Shaw is a much better player then Zantuck, who is average at best.

5 - Strongly possible, and if it happened, I'd play Smith off the half forward flank, where he was a star at the Saints.

6 - Possible. The Dogs and Roos may want him.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:21 pm

We have to be careful who we trade Presti to. Give him to the Saints - they may go all the way at our expense given that they have best 1-2 forward line in the league. Give him to Port and they may have their own dynasty.

Shaw for Zantuck anytime.

Williams could turn out to be a key to our fortunes next year. He could be a 2nd tier player that really shows alot of improvement. I would give him another year and see what happens.

Idea of Smith is ok, 350 grand is not.

Won't happen - but adding Kerr, as well as Zantuck would make us a lot nastier proposition. Don't think that Malthouse is against that idea, having held the leash of Worsfold for 10 years he knows what he misses by now surely.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:11 am

We don't need Zantuck. He is average at best.

Correct Cam, be careful of where Presti goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: