Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Idea for a trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scud 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:55 pm
Post subject: Idea for a tradeReply with quote

Brent Harvey for pick 23 McGough and Prestigiacomo.

Harvey wants out of North after a poor year and alot of tension between himself and Laidley. He would fit the bill perfectly for what collingwood need. His poor year means North can't expect as much as they would have received last year if he was traded..
North are short a key defender which presti would fill for them.
McGough would give them that in and under player to send it out to Grant and Wells etc.
Also Laidley knows Mark and Simon from his collingwood days so would know what they are capable of.
The final factor is Laidleys respect for MM as a result he would be willing to trade with him.
People will say it is a risk letting go of presti as it could leave of backline exposed and it is a slight risk but we need to take a chance. Wakelin, Cloke, Clement, Maxwell, Walker and possibly Cam Cloke or Lonie pinch hitting should be able to handle most defences provided we don't receive many injuries. Alao a stronger midfield should see less ball in the backline.
Any thoughts?
Harvey 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i think mcgough and presti will be enough without having to use pick 23. however apart from that, i would be happy to do the trade. as u sed i think our backline will be able to cope and we have an abundance of talls. trading presti will also allow tex to cement his position and i think he will be a very good player for us.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:29 pm

I agree with Harvey. Either McG and Presti or either player and #23, not all three. We would want an extra player thrown in for that.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:45 pm

McGough and Pick 23 is ok by me. Not Presti, he is still a wanted player at the club. He had a bad run with injuries this year, and that often maks people forget about his abillity.
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:46 pm

Pick 23, Presti and MCG is way too much for Brent Harvey.
As the others have said, MCG and Presti or MCG and pick 23 or something along the lines of that is better
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:19 pm

Presti could be used in the Dew trade.
Magpie-Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:43 am

presti dosen't want to go to port....
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:09 am

Why would we give up a player with at least another 12 years left in him, and a player with a good 6 or 7 years left in him for a player that is nearly gawn? i don't see the logic in it. A quick fix isn't what we need.. we need to start looking for long term prospects - not short term. I wouldn't even take a second look at this trade.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:19 am

But we definitly need a Harvey type.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:00 pm

Cam, Dew played alright last night too.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:21 pm

Have age and injury started to catch up with Harvey?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:40 pm

He just had a bad year. A new club will refresh him.
scud 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:56 pm

Daks wrote:
Why would we give up a player with at least another 12 years left in him, and a player with a good 6 or 7 years left in him for a player that is nearly gawn? i don't see the logic in it. A quick fix isn't what we need.. we need to start looking for long term prospects - not short term. I wouldn't even take a second look at this trade.

McGough might have 12 years in him but he wants to leave plus there is no certaintyhe will be on an AFL list in 12 years time. Given his body i seriously doubt Mark will be playing AFL football in 12 years.
There is no way presti will be playing in 6 years time. He is about 27 i think and had injuries. The older you get the more injuries you get and the slower you get. Presti is slow enough as it is plus i would hope that our young kids such as Tex and Hall would over take him by then.
Also Harvey is only 26 so would hardly be "gawn" in 2 years. He could potentially be around another 8 years but more likely 6 years so hardly a short term trade. He was one of the top line goal kicking midfielders last season and despite his down year this year I believe a change of club would see him reinvent himself as a top line midfielder.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:35 pm

Presti should still be required by the club - I'm sure we can trade someone else to North for Harvey. And I agree, pick 23 and those two players is a bit much - pick 23 and mcgough and another would be ok, but not of the same class as Presti! Smile

- Ben
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:24 am

North have struggled in defence. Watt has had a down year and Colbert has had to carry them. Presti is the ideal option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: