Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Open the damn roof

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:47 am
Post subject: Open the damn roofReply with quote

The atmosphere at Colonial with the roof closed is absolutely crap. Open the bloody roof unless it's raining really heavily.

I think it's a great stadium, but footy is an outdoor sport.

This constant tinkering with traditions of footy are slowly taking their toll with supporters, many becoming disillusioned with the way the game is being run.

P.S Have we ever won a game a Colonial with the roof closed?
I can't seem to think of one.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 11:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonial is good and bad it's good cause its comfortable and everything is so accessible.
It's bad cause it is representing something that none of us want to be a part of..that dreaded word CORPORATE i dont care really on anyone's opinion on how much value the corporate dollar is to our game.
You know what colonial is just a reflection of the times we live in have you thought about it that way in other words its just FAKE..
It reaks of class segregation to the highest level,and it also goes to show that for some reason we are no longer aussies as it simply stinks of americanism.

Times did not have to change they were dictated to us in the name of greed the stupid pricks can only get 50.000 in the joint and they try and tell us it's for the betterment of the game.
.....yeah right and we are all 2 year olds.

Sometimes i just wish the competition would self destruct and we all could go back to good old suburban footy in the outer,you know where it wasn't offensive to be passionate or heaven forbid yell out the word SHIT.Where mates could stand and not offend any
one with a well timed fart.

I want football to be what it was and not a game of dibber dobbing in the plastic moulded seats in what was once the greatest place to be..'the outer'

In the heat of the moment when one is to yell out that dreaded THUCK word you know the one that usually appears on telly every nite its a scramble from all the goodie goodies in there rush to get the cops or security or wait for it go home and put pen to paper...GIVE ME A BREAK.

Im prolly getting of track a bit here but colonial represents a different kind of supporter it is representing the sissies in our society...you know the ones that would never go to the footy if it was raining...the ones that want to watch a stupid bloody monitor in front of them.

And you know what the biggest kick in the arse was..none of us were asked if we wanted it,yeah sure i will keep going to colonial cause if collingwood play there i will be there.

The controversy over the roof being shut or open is just another examle of egomaniacs who think they know more about this great game than what you and i do...and for that reason alone they can get stuffed.

In closing i just wanna say im so fortunate to have been involved in football when people were fair dinkum and honest and had no motivation whatsoever to stuff up this great game of ours.
The joy of once being in the true outer will never be forgotten.

Be easy on me these are only my opinions...LOL
seeyas.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL must never NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'NUMBER 42 FOREVER ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 1:19 pm

I think the closed roof is here to stay, for better or worse. In fact, I predict that in 25 or 30 years ALL major sporting venues will be indoors.

I'm gunna be controversial here. I actually prefer having the roof closed on a sunny day. I'm just not into sunshine, that's all. Give me a nice gloomy 15 degree Melbourne day any time. But in these days of global warming we're getting abnormally sunny winters and it just ain't natural.

**floreat pica**

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 1:43 pm

i agree with Dan ... every1 read Why? June? or Sh!t football?

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 6:12 pm

You are so right Joffa.......

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 4:58 am

I agree with Joffa about the way the game has changed.
I was originally planning to Boycott Colonial Stadium but then of course I wouldn't be able to watch our beloved magpies - so I got sucked in.
I too remember the days in the outer at Vic Park - standing on our esky's or better still up on the roof of the dunnies.
I also enjoyed going to Waverley as I live in the Eastern suburbs.We never had to worry about whether we would get in or not like at Colonial.
I don't want to go to an indoor game but what choice do we have?
Julee

ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 2:19 pm

Hey Alf,

Closing the roof, in fact, increases global warming. I dont' wanna talk science here, but the electricity wasted with the lights and climate control, etc. you produce more pollutants.. lol

anyway, the lights at colonial are really low, and it almost blinds ya when looking at the scoreboard. that suspension for Ant last year looks real crap, doesn't it? It REALLY does blind you!

Go PIES 2001

[This message has been edited by ytry4 (edited 06 June 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: