Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tristan Walker

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

DO you really think Hawthorn would even entertain that??? Like u got to be kidding me?? Theyd want more for crawford, and I would rather do Pick 7 + McGough etc... to Bulldogs for pick 3-4.

Crawford would be a great player, but we all know he wants to do acting, so after his next contract is up, he will disappear. 2 years thats all. @750,000 a year, u would get many of the young players pissed off, as their bargaining power would be eaten up becasue of crawfords huge salary.

We have the room, because, Bucks and Burns on Vets list... but u need to manage for when Taz, Josh, Cole, BJ, Richards etc... come out of contract. We dont have a lot of Long Time players on big contracts, so we have to be careful
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:21 pm

Can't see us letting go of Tex, other clubs are interested now -only because they too can see the painfully obvious. That being, after investing time and effort into young Tex it is beginning to pay off. Should have a big year next year.

Clubs also seem to think that we have a surplus of talls however, if you cut Stunner and BK from the list it looks a little more balanced.

Still, with Josh, Guy, Rocca, Tex, Crowe, Clokes x 3 and toss in Presti and the rookie Fanning, we do look a little top heavy. Also, have Wakes, Taz and Davidson who play tall.

We need a proven or ready to arrive midfielder (or two) with pace and skills. Trading an experienced or arriving tall might be our best chance of snaring at least one, (but please not Crawford).

So which tall(s) would you like to trade?

Harsh as it sounds, I would rather trade Presti and Jason Cloke but, the latter will not happen. Crowe is a trier that probably won't make it for mine and is not trade-able so you give him another year or cut him.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:02 pm

Cannibal wrote:
This morning's Herald Sun's review of our 2004 performances has another "trade teaser" involving Tex: Tex + Pick 7 for Crawford. Like f*ck!

Too right. Tex and pick 7 would never happen. And I wouldn't take it.

Daks, Cole has that honour (of being the best of 2001) but I feel that Tex may just surprise us all...

Most of our talls are untradable. Maybe Presti, but Tex needs one more season to grow into the defencive role. No doubt all the other clubs catch onto Tex - especially the West Australian ones...Confused
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:32 am

I am no fan of Tex, he can spend 100 minutes on the ground and still struggle to touch the ball. In saying that he is young and big and tall. They don't grow on trees and I would still give him 2 more years to see how he goes.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:02 am

Woey #02 wrote:

We have the room, because, Bucks and Burns on Vets list...

No, we don't have the cap space to acquire someone on a contract as high as Crawford.

Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the AFL and AFLPA, the cap for next season is $6.3m, up just $185,000 on this year.

The CBA requires clubs to pay a minimum of 92.5% of the cap, but this "leniency" is extended by the AFL only to clubs like Footscray, who are in dire financial straits and can't afford to pay any more.

Clubs like Collingwood will be paying maybe 97.5% of the cap. In 2004, that equates to $5,962,125, leaving $152,875 in current year cap space.

Bucks is already on the veteran's list but Burnsie becomes eligible next season. He's probably on something like $400,000, so that would give us another $200,000 in cap space.

Not taking any other factor into account, adding the above three items together gives us total cap "space" of $537,875 heading into 2005.

However, the actual cap space will also be impacted by:

- amounts freed up from delisting players,
- additional payments committed to current players signing new contracts,
- statutory increases for new and 2nd/3rd year draftees.

Even being generous in assessing the impact of these, I think we would be forced to release at least another 2-3 players we would otherwise retain on our list in order to list Crawford. These would be players who are in the $100-150,000 salary range ie 3-4 year players, like Cole, Johnno, etc.

For a bloke with a crook back and maybe 2 years left in the game?

erniedog Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:40 am

What are the regulations if the original club pays some of the wages eg. Wowodin? For the cap, are we responsible for the entire wage no matter where it comes from or only the part we pay?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:40 am

He still ahs the potential tag hanging off him. We have all seen something in him for sure. He is like a plastice toy - straight out of the top shelf. He has all the skills, is big and strong but lacks a footy brain. That will grow in time - I think guy like Carey or McGaune would be good for him. He COULD be a star. But we will have to wait on that one.
05bucks Virgo

my blood runs black and white

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:59 am

Well i think tex is going to be star one day and he is slowly coming to fruition, and i say keep him. If he gets his game right, according to Gotchy, he has a ripper kick and is becoming a great defensive player. Could become another clement if he tries hard enuff.
erniedog Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:28 pm

Remember Mal Michael!

Debued Maggies 1997. Started in the backline, was so so and got regularly caned by Plugger and some others. Was moved to the forward line. Did So, So. Moved back to the back line. Was so so. Was traded to Brisbane 2000. No longer So So.

Walker won't be traded.

loch 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:42 pm

Tex's graph has been solidly up ever since he came, starting with Willy reserves. Went from a player worth a measly handful of touches a game and maybe a mark at start 2004 to a 15 disposal 5-6 mark player by the end. You really can't complain. His awareness and nous seems to be improving steadily as well. Should be a really valuable payer by about mid 2006, and if so, that's about the learning curve you'd expect. Given his size and athleticism as well, definitely a keeper.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:51 pm

Yeah, I reckon he will be good in the future. Good thing about him too, he has the ability to play down forward if need be.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:20 pm

Walker makes me sick. For the body he has...He is a waste of a big body. Either give him a brain transplant...Or chuck him in the same pile as Ben Kinnear. Walker makes Ben Kinnear look like Ablett.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:39 pm

Give him time YL.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:46 pm

erniedog wrote:
Remember Mal Michael!

Debued Maggies 1997. Started in the backline, was so so and got regularly caned by Plugger and some others. Was moved to the forward line. Did So, So. Moved back to the back line. Was so so. Was traded to Brisbane 2000. No longer So So.

Yeah, but now he's a junkie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
labrooy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:39 pm

Assassin wrote:
Get rid of the bumbling booby before he injures one of our better players.
Has the co-ordination of Pinochio , the grace of a donkey and the skill level of a cuttlefish.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: