Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tristan Walker

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:17 am
Post subject: Tristan WalkerReply with quote

In the Herald Sun yesterday, they did a season review for the Western Bulldogs and did a trade teaser. It was Cameron Falkner (quick and skilled aboriginal) for big Tristan Walker.

How do people see that deal? I don't like it. Tex is just coming of age, and we have invested a fair amount of time in him. I say we keep him.
swoop 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just getting a handle on the game. IMO we should would keep him, he has shown that he is capable and is quite mobile for a big fella. He should develop into a great CHB of FB next year. Although that old chestnut keeps croping up "that you need to trade quality ( or potential quality ) in order to get quality" so on these terms i would swap him for a quality player. Not sure about Cameron Falkner though, I havent seen or heard any thing about him before. Does any one know if this kid can play Question
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:11 pm

If we have someone else to step into CHB in the near future it would be something worth a look. Tristan is still developing and noone knows for sure if he will actually make the grade. One thing is for sure and that is we need some pace.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:42 pm

Apparently the Doggies rate him highly.. they just can't find a spot in the team for him. To me, this spells trouble.. If you can't get a game for a team like the doggies, you certanly won't get one with us. I don't like the trade.. Tex has been starting to come good and he will only get better.. talented big fellas like him are hard to come by and i really don't think we should lose him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:28 pm

swoop wrote:
Not sure about Cameron Falkner though, I havent seen or heard any thing about him before. Does any one know if this kid can play Question

He played quite well on debut in about round six against North Melbourne in Canberra where he got two or three goals (?). My friend who is a Bulldogs supporter rates him highly. Here is some information on him:

http://www.elitesports.com.au/esp_site/main/talent/athlete_profiles/235.html

Quote:
Drawing comparisons with Adelaide Crows champion Andrew McLeod, young Bulldog Cameron Faulkner is regarded as another hot name to watch at Whitten Oval.

Faulkner hails from Central Districts, where he played in the 2002 SANFL Reserves Grand Final. Faulkner missed the opportunity to show his skills in the National AFL Under 18 Championships due to injury, but displayed enough to be selected with pick 17 at the 2002 National AFL Draft.

Skilled, quick and dangerous near goals, Faulkner's 2003 was derailed by injury. Following a solid pre-season, he is set to debut and do plenty more in 2004.

Clcik the link for his stats:
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/C/Cameron_Faulkner.html

Tex should stay, as we have invested too much in him. He could be the star of the futre, as he has great skill for a big man, is a great grab and has a real red hot go. He is being groomed to replace Prestigiacomo in a few years, and his football brain is developing. Give him another year or two.[/quote]
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:18 pm

Very impressive stats ...... that is if he'd got the season total stats in one game...
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:26 pm

Yearly stats are:

6 games, 17 kicks, 7 marks, 12 hb, 3 goals, 3 behinds, 7 tackles.

Stats on debut v Kang:

9 kicks, 4 marks, 1 hb, 3 goals, 1 behind, 1 tackle.

That tells you how he played in the other 5 games.

Not even interested in that trade!

Hooked
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:17 am

He isn't worth it. He'd be another player to linger at Williamstown.
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:47 am

Never trade a tall for a small unless the small is far and away better then the tall..Imo Tex is coming of age and will be a key to our back line in the future. He is also a prototypical power forward and Iam suprised we dont have this our long term aim for him...He played all his junior footy as a ruck forward hence he lack of footy nous down back which is only now getting better
Never Forget the #42
sq3 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:33 pm

Tex is a very dangerous flower just starting to bloom and can emerge as a Glen Jacko mkII - with more pace.

MM built his WCE finals era arpound the solid and strong defensive unit.

If our defensive unit can comprise - Tex, Wakes, C1, Max, Jimmy and Cole with the cameos from BJ, Lonie, Crow when required we can set up a WCE like defensive unit and be very punishing.

Tex traded - no way - never trade a good quality young big man - 1st golden rule of 'Trade for dummies'.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:53 am

Very good points P&R and Sq3. Never trade a tall for a small. It won't happen anyway, as MM likes Tex. I was just wondering what people thought. He could become the cornerstone of the defence, and may just turn out to be our best pick uip of the 2001 draft. Another plus is that he can go back and forward.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:34 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
and may just turn out to be our best pick uip of the 2001 draft. Another plus is that he can go back and forward.

I think Cole already has that honour.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:38 am

This morning's Herald Sun's review of our 2004 performances has another "trade teaser" involving Tex: Tex + Pick 7 for Crawford. Like f*ck!
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:35 am

Cannibal, I think they must have got that from Nick's.

I think someone here has already suggested that.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:38 am

For some reason, I like the look of Tex. He certainly is a big athlete, and could become a good player. I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't think I would trade him at this stage. He has had less chance to prove himself than players like Lokan have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: