Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade to get 1 off the Doggies picks!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:01 pm
Post subject: Trade to get 1 off the Doggies picks!!!Reply with quote

In my opinion we should look to consolidate in this draft given that effectively we have had a 'lost ' year due to injury and indifferent form.

By doing this I propose that we seriously target the doggies in some hope of mutually nutting out a win/win deal ie that we try and negotiate/trade to get either pick 3 or more realistically pick 6. To have 2 top ten picks in this draft may be a chance for a mini-rebuild of a team that, to an extent, has demonstrated that it cant totally cut it when premierships need to be won. (Harsh I know).

Follow my logic, the doggies currently have a fairly young list and require some maturer bodies to lead the way. They have obviously gained young talent from recent drafts so they may need to counter the balance with a mature age recruit. (Rohan Smith /S West / BJohnson CGrant are all ageing).Having said this, we will need to give something off 'substance' to make this work and herein lies the heartache for us.

I fear to mention names cos it often ignites emotions but decisions will be made either way.....My suggestions are...
....Prestigiacomo and our pick 23...for their doggies pick 3....
....Lockyer for pick three.....(straight swap)
....Obree and Presty ....for their Pick 3.

Presty is as good as he will get and even tho I love him to death he is almost A perfect fit for the doggies defence who other then Harris failed to produce a fullback of note....

Lockyer is classy/mature bodied/ and of leadership stuff they could use and one who would justifiably mean we could snag a pick three outright. (Reluctant to go this way but a possible option).

To trade Obree and Presty would almost be the best option but question if the doggies would go for it. Cheesy was a Doggies supporter as a kid and a former top 10 pick and still can improve but we have all given hope I am guessing.

Dont shoot me down but it could mean we end up with pick 3 - 7...
thoughts??

Never Forget the #42
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:23 pm
Post subject: Re: Trade to get 1 off the Doggies picks!!!Reply with quote

[quote="Pants & Rowdy"]

I fear to mention names cos it often ignites emotions but decisions will be made either way.....My suggestions are...
....Prestigiacomo and our pick 23...for their doggies pick 3....
....Lockyer for pick three.....(straight swap)
....Obree and Presty ....for their Pick 3.

Presti & pick 23 i think would be worth it even Obree & pick 23
but not both prest & obree.
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Presti? Whatsn gonna happen when the only reliable KPP defender we have is WAkes? Tex isnt good enough yet.
swoop 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:22 pm

Like you logic on this Pants & Rowdy. As always with these kind of things it depends on the the IF factor....however, you do make solid points about the doggies line up being light on for experience in defence. IMO i think they will be chasing an out and out FF and a Stong FB rather than a midfielder. But who knows what plans Rocket has. Also, as much as I am afraid to say, I think MM will keep OB around for another year, purely based on his ball winning ability. Pick 3 does sound tantalising, especially if we can get outr hands on this kid that is described as the greatest Aboriginal player ever! I beleive the only way we will get a earlier pick in the draft is if we trade our pick 7 and a player of the calibre of Presti.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:34 pm

What about McKee as a strong body in defence for the dogs? He's performed there reasonably well for us on occasions. Combine it with a higher draft pick or O'Bree or, dare I even dream; big bad Benny?
P4E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:55 pm
Post subject: Getting Pick 6 and Koops and CrawfordReply with quote

First things first, we currently have a list of 42 (including 3 long term injuries that where replaced by rookies) - therefore we need to remove plenty from our list. I propose the following:

A. Presti, O'Bree, Crow, McKee to WB for Koops and Pick 6 and Koops (which the Pies where after at last trade period)

B. McGough, Mullins, Nixon and Williams to the Hawks for Crawford and 21

C. R Shaw and 23 to Rich for 20

D. Delist Kinnear or throw in as bonus to trading clubs.

This would have the net affect of 32 current list plus Crawford, Koops and picks 6,7,20,21,39(Travis Cloke) = 39 players (max list for club)

The bottom line is that we need to:

1. Delist plenty of people in order to participate
2. Have a duty of care to all players to enable them to play AFL
3. Have a core group that need surrounding by new blood and a little touch of class (and guts)
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:12 am

Its a good idea P&R, but I'm not so sure Lockyer is of pick three value. Would Eade want him/need him? I don't think so, as they have enough smaller players. I don't want to part with Presti, but the do need one more tall defender, so it may be an option. Prehaps O'Bree and Lokan + pick 23, but is that worth it? McKee is anopther option, as the Dogs would want to part with Street soon. Interesting times ahead...
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:44 am
Post subject: Re: Trade to get 1 off the Doggies picks!!!Reply with quote

Pants & Rowdy wrote:

...Lockyer for pick three.....(straight swap)

Never trade Tarks...... end of story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:33 am

Yeah trading Lockyer would be hard to swallow.....but we need to make some changes and trade effectively this year...something we have not done for two years...
Never Forget the #42
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:46 am

Footscray have Harris, who is a pretty good FB, so am pretty sure they wouldn't be interested in Presti. However, I've said elsewhere that trading Presti would make sense, since he has trade value, and if it helps us get another top pick, I'm all for it. Presti + Pick 23 for Pick 6 sounds about right.

However, neither Richmond, Hawthorn nor Footscray are going to trade away picks 1, 2 and 3. After all, we traded away pick 3 (and Clinton King) in 1999 for Steve McKee (and pick 7) from Richmond and could have taken Pavlich with pick 3 instead. Is there anyone amongst us who wouldn't revisit that decision and take Pavlich? And don't you think every club now knows that trading away those first picks doesn't make any sense at all? It's a short-term strategy and every club knows it doesn't work out in the end.

gohard Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:10 pm
Post subject: Lets get realReply with quote

Sorry to ruin the topic,but lets get a few things straight.
Ben Kinner is not TRADE BAIT
Williams is not trade bait
McKee is not trade bait
Get it your head,as this comes up every year,no one wants them.

Lockyer is not worth a number 3 pick.
Presti +Lockyer +pick 23 maybe evan pick 7 instead of 23 is worth it.
You can not expect these swaps to go that far in our favour ,it would be stupid to think so.
Letting go of Presti is almost our only swap chance and then we are putting alot on JC and Tex to carry the backline for the future.IMO they can and will but will benafite from Wakes,who has 1 more year left, and Presti who has 3 years left.
Lockyer would not be a loss and wouldn't be a gain for any club because of his size.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:37 pm

Pants & Rowdy wrote:
Yeah trading Lockyer would be hard to swallow.....but we need to make some changes and trade effectively this year...something we have not done for two years...

True. I love Locks as a player and he puts in his all and has great skills but he will never be anything more then a link man. He is a good player with great skills and leadership but if the right trade comes up then.... Confused
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:37 pm

Mayeby Iam being a little biased in thinking Lockyer is a pick three...He is still young at 24-25 however...Hell if anything Nick 'the mutineer' Davis was a first round pick of sorts and we got stiffed there...we got stiffed with Heath Scotland for a third round pick...me thinks maybey we could stiff someone else for once...
Never Forget the #42
sq3 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:19 am

Trade Tarks - you gotta be kidding - after Jimmy he has the best disposal and goal kicking accuracy on the list.

Bux disposal is good but his goal accuracy is lower than that of Tarks.

2003 we lose Scoots who has good disposal, miss out on Stevens and then in 2004 trade Tarks - that would be 3 strikes and they would get to meet Donald Trump (youre Fired).
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:13 am

Although some of the trade deals mentioned here seem to favour the pies Rolling Eyes I do agree that the doggies may want to part with one of their early picks. Can the doggies afford to wait around for another 2-3 years hoping that these kids will save them or would they use one their picks to land 2 experienced players? Eade doesn't have 5 years. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: