Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bo Nixon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:25 pm
Post subject: Bo NixonReply with quote

One simple question - what is his future at Collingwood? Will he be here in 2005?
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the only time he's looked like a footballer so far was getting in a fight in the city. to higher pick to dump already though I would have thought.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:45 pm

And to think he was the pick we traded for Nick Davis...I hope he proves me wrong!
Presti_is_god 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:27 pm

He hasnt really done much yet but its his 2nd year. I think he has 1 more year to prove he has soemthing.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:58 am

But we just have to get rid of someone, and I fear Nixon may go.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:32 pm

bringbackheathscotland wrote:
Well the only time he's looked like a footballer so far was getting in a fight in the city. too high a pick to dump already though I would have thought.

Yep he must have been something special as a youngster (not exactly geriatric now of course). They'll probably give him another year to show what he can do at AFL level.
Might also depend on what sort of illness he has, whether it will be likely to have a long-term effect.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:56 pm

No. He wont be there next season. He just hasn't seemed to adapt to the pace of AFL footy yet. He looks lost out there - i think he will take time to mature and it would be best that he leaves Collingwood because Mick won't give him that time. (Even though i'd hate to see him leave.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:30 pm

I d be suprised if Collingwood delisted the young man. He honestly has a shocking kicking style and although he seems to have great stamina/endurance, it appears that he lacks a little pace. I was of the thought he would be moulded to eventually be a 'Steinfort' style player who uses his endurance to mind an opposition on baller.
Seeing he was effectively our first round draft pick after 'the Bounty' incident with Nick Davis, Collingwood will be keen to see some sought of return from him.

Never Forget the #42
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:18 pm

If he does get dellisted, it would be a complete waste of a first round pick. I think he was taken at about number 21 in the 2002 draft. You wonder how recruiters can make such poor judgements on players that are suppose to be in the top 30 young kids in the country!
Jay 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:21 am

if i remember rightly he was expected to be a top 10 pick and we got him at around 21....

at the time i thought he was a bargain... starting to wonder about that now...
maggies2003 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:08 am

HE's Gorrrrnnn, had his chances, blew them...
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:45 am

Actually does anyone know why he was expected to be a top 10 pick? Too short for KP, not much pace... what was it? Perhaps a Didak type? I don't have any idea except hearing he was a good mark, because I don't think I've every seen him play except maybe doing very little in his first AFL game which is understandable.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:57 am

Believe it or not he had a great reputation for calmess and decision-making.

I think he'll stay around, and so he should. He's just a kid remember.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:01 am

Daks wrote:
No. He wont be there next season. He just hasn't seemed to adapt to the pace of AFL footy yet. He looks lost out there - i think he will take time to mature and it would be best that he leaves Collingwood because Mick won't give him that time. (Even though i'd hate to see him leave.)

Hit the nail on the head Daks, his decision making is poor, while he does just look lost out there.
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:03 am

Bo was drafted as a 'key forward' but his size has seen him play as a half back flanker, come midfield type. He isn't blessed with exceptional pace but had a knack for finding the footy, reads the play exceptionally well and displayed great leadership skills. Playing for both Assumption College and the Calder Cannons he was a clear first round draft pick, albeit taken at 21 in the draft.

I personally question the merit of people who dare suggest he's had his chances when in the 3 games of top level footy he's appeared in, he's managed a combined total of 2 and a bit quarters of football. Bo, you'll find, if you attend a Willy game is a pretty good player, and can play at either end of the ground but is most comfortable at half back at the moment. He is only 20 years old I think we should all remember and was drafted as a long term project player, the Magpies will not rush him into AFL football as is the case from the official club website and what he was told on draft day and throughout 2004. You may well find that he is the one that will escape the wrath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: