Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour - Magpies set to part with Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
If MM is serious with Shaw he should say look, here's 5 games, i will not take you off the park. Show me what you have. Problem is, this year was the year to do that.

Should have, could have...the chance was there and we'd know weather to keep him or not. Confused
TMan4 Capricorn

Tas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:44 pm

See Ya later Shaw!
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:23 pm

Let him go, just try to get something decent for him.

Been on the list as long as Ben Johnson and done naff all IMHO.

No longer a kid and his career isn't going anywhere.
If we can snare a decent pick up for him should be a win/wine for both player and club.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:04 pm

But as Cannabal has said, he has played all bar 4 of his games in the last two seasons. He is growing as a footballer, and will only get better - if he doiesn't get knocked by everyone!
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:37 pm

You can't afford to run a football club where you keep a guy on the list because he "might" come good. Coaches need to make a decision and follow it through based on the evidence of the day.

Shaw is and always will be too soft. If we can trade anything for him, lets take it. He could be a bloody champion, granted, but so could most youngsters. he may play 200 games for another club, good luck to him. But it is time for the club to make a stand and Rhyce was not tough enough this year, cannot play man-on-man (look at the Port game - take him one-one into the backline and he'll get outmarked every time). 5 years in the current league is plenty of time for a small player to show what he's got. 2003 will probably be his best year of football.

lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:15 pm

OK so we want to fix our slow and aging midfield by trading one of the FEW quick players we have.

You dont trade your pace unless you have more to back it up. Who cares if Shaw doesnt crash open packs, you just feed him Cole Lonie and Lokyer running off half back and through the middle. Why the obsession at Pie land with hard working mid fielders who are slower than my grand mother. Am I the only person who is able to see that we are one of the more disfunctional teams in the skill and pace department? Finding a balance is always an option folks.

Mcgough is a prime example of our love for players who have low success probability. He might make it, but what are the odds given his genetic attributes. Everyone jumped onto his bandwagon despite the fact that he could not kick and ran in slow motion. So many claimed he would 'learn' how to kick and 'learn' how to run. You have got to be joking me right? Its genetics people. How bout now that we have just about every slow ball magnet available, we start looking at players who are genetically inclined to be stars as opposed to donkeys we want to train into race horses. I think there is a place for toilers.. Just not at Collingwood... at this stage anyway

I say keep shaw primarily because

a) we will get NOTHING better.
b) it is the wrong time to let pace out of the club

Only trade if you can package him off to get a very high pick.

Trade McGough. Whether he becomes a star is irrelevant. He cannot contribute to our side where we need it most...

Swan is 50/50. I'd trade him for draft pick.

BK is a goner. No reasons nec.
McKee no longer required.

O'bree 50/50. Trade for draft pick.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:33 am

He is one of our only players with any pace. Why not keep him? He has played 35 or so games in the past two years. He just has to be persisted with. It doesn't help a guy when your uncle and others are calling for you tpo leave the club. Keep him. He is quick and has shown he can tag well. His kicking needs some work, as does his abillity to keep his feet and add class. I think he has one more year - its crunch time Rhyce - take your chance.
TMan4 Capricorn

Tas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:12 pm

He has no guts. We need players with balls!!!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:54 pm

He has guts - he is just unlucky.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:16 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

Mate u need a reality check.
how could u possibly put him in our best 25-26 players?
Sure he can play footy,just not senior a.f.l footy.
I think his best game ever for the pies was against the saints last year & it wasn't anything special.
Trade him & c if anyone wants him.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:42 pm

R. Shaw's only attribute is his ability to run with his direct opponent, he offers nothing in terms of football abilty, i.e kicking, marking, tackling, physical presence, mental toughness, absolutely nothing!

MM & the players have carried him for too long, time to trade, 3rd round is fine, 2nd round would be unbelievable.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:43 am

scoobydoo wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:

Mate u need a reality check.
how could u possibly put him in our best 25-26 players?
Sure he can play footy,just not senior a.f.l footy.
I think his best game ever for the pies was against the saints last year & it wasn't anything special.
Trade him & c if anyone wants him.

I think we should put him up for trade and see what we can get. Otherwise, in my opinion, keep him.

In that game against the Saints last year, he won a Brownlow vote. Better then 40 other players on the field that night.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:15 am

He has only had one good year while he has been at the club. All the other years, he has underperformed. If he doesn't go this year, he must perform next year, otherwise you can guaruntee he will be on the chopping bloke.

Btw, you don't just hold onto a player because they have a bit of pace...they have to be able to play as well.
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:31 am

Joekl, agree whole heartedly. Pace is just another word starting with P that means jack shit unless you can utilise it - Potential
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:19 pm

Anyway it said in the hun this morning that collingwood have told Rhyce he is a required player and will not be traded, so if they come out and say that then trade him that would'nt look good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: