Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Delist/Tradeable Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way we're ever going to forget the Scotland trade is that if Brent Hall performs well at Magpieland. I don't mean to heap pressure on him but...
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:41 pm

Hall can hardly be judged on this year, not only because it was his first year. In addition, he had glandular fever and injury to contend with. On top of the fact, that he had his first tough pre-season at the highest level coming of playing at a club a couple of hundred miles from where he lived and only training once a week the season before.

Has size on his side and next year we should see a lot more from him.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:50 pm

To add to my post, Rowe could be a 'repalcement' for Stevens. He is quick, has great skill and has a quallity that only the best have: 'Time' - when he can get the ball, and no one can seem to catch him. He could be our best pick of the 2003 draft.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:35 pm

Scotland did not tackle. That is one reason he got the ass. Purely a reciever who didn't do the 1%ers.
rooka 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:25 pm
Post subject: Why pick 35 for Scoots...Reply with quote

Scoots wanted to go to Carlton & we were happy to get him there, but because Carlton had no 1st or 2nd round picks, so a 3rd round pick was the best they could give us. We wanted draft picks to try and get the Stevens deal done...

rooka
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:07 pm

But the thing is, believe it or not, we need a few recievers ATM.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:20 am

Cam wrote:
Scotland did not tackle. That is one reason he got the ass. Purely a reciever who didn't do the 1%ers.

A very noticeable trait in the games I've seen on Fox this year (similar with Stevens).

Pagan will start rebuilding with kids and in a couple of years, Scooter is going to be struggling there as well.

rooka wrote:
Scoots wanted to go to Carlton & we were happy to get him there, but because Carlton had no 1st or 2nd round picks, so a 3rd round pick was the best they could give us. We wanted draft picks to try and get the Stevens deal done...

Not completely true. Carlton had a Priority Pick, which they said they would never trade and used it to take Walker. No way they would have traded that PP for Scooter. Basically, though, MM did what he had to do, as with the Davis to Sydney trade, ie take what you can or risk getting nothing at all.

In the end, we got Hall for that pick, though, and MM has said he'll get some games next year. He would have debuted this year but for glandular fever. He may turn out to be a gun and then we'll all get over this crap about Scooter (amen) and also maybe show Choco the error of his trading tactics!

themaster 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:16 pm

1. I'm sorry but Ryce Shaw has to go. I watched him a few weeks ago and he looked like a dog before it sits down, the way he would spin around in a circle before doing anything with the ball. He just doesn't have a good feel for the game. He only did OK when Judd or Akermanis led him to the ball.

2. McGough may end up being OK but we have to weigh up whether we have or will get other players who can perform his role and kick properly.

3. What is the problem with Mullins? I must have missed something here but he played really well in his first game against Freo and then hardly got a chance after that. He looked like he could play.

4. Obree. Gone. He used to get the ball alot which was a saving grace, but now he rarely does that.

5. Williams. He did get knocked around by his concussion. MM either brought him in to see if he was worth keeping or (belatedly) to make him more valuable trade bait. Not sure which.

6. Obviously Kinnear is gone too. And Lokan. Lokan tries hard but he isn't up to it.

7. We may have to trade some decent players to get something decent. Just be prepared for someone you may not be wanting/expecting to go. eg. Josh. Presti should be considered too.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:29 pm

yeah but cannibal then I'll have to change my name to something like go away heath scotland. And I'm not keen on that one.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:04 pm

Yeah we still got to demand his return I think Scotland's only other choice is to become a bit part bobby on 'the bill'. He pulls that real geezer face every time he gets the ball.

www.facebook/the hybernators
labrooy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:23 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:

Not strictly true. We do need players who can play a more creative role. However they don't need to be one dimensional. Bucks can get the hard ball but also be a receiver, Burns and Woey are the same. We need pace in the midfield. Someone like Judd would be great. I know we won't get him but he is exactly the type we need, pace, creative and can get the hard ball.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:43 pm

bringbackheathscotland wrote:
yeah but cannibal then I'll have to change my name to something like go away heath scotland. And I'm not keen on that one.

You could change your name to your current signature! Laughing

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:59 pm

might be time to let go anyway. plus it's like typing a whole sentence everytime I log on.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:53 pm

labrooy wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:

Not strictly true. We do need players who can play a more creative role. However they don't need to be one dimensional. Bucks can get the hard ball but also be a receiver, Burns and Woey are the same. We need pace in the midfield. Someone like Judd would be great. I know we won't get him but he is exactly the type we need, pace, creative and can get the hard ball.

Maybe. I can see Julian Rowe playing the role of Nick Stevens in year to come.
blakey_10 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:23 am

Delist-A.Williams
L.Shackelton
M.Lokan

Trade- S.Mckee
M.McGough
R.Shaw
L.Davis for D.Wirrupunda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: