Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Delist/Tradeable Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSheik 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

lethalburns wrote:
McGough. I said it from day 1, this kid has no place in a team with so many blue collar players. Big heart, no skill, no pace.

McGough has a quality that just can't be taught and that's a never-say-die attitude. He will give you 100% 100% of the time, no short steps, no flinching & damn gutsy too !!

If you don't want him, tell him to turn up to Princes Park for pre-season training, we can use a player with those qualities. Pagan would nearly wet himself if McGough crossed over to the Blues, he is just the sort of player that Pagan likes to have in the team.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:09 am

But Sheik, Davis is better then Farmer.
TheSheik 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:16 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
But Sheik, Davis is better then Farmer.

You & I are better than Farmer. Laughing

TheSheik 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:23 am
Post subject: Re: Lights on the RoadReply with quote

Tess wrote:
Maybe we can get Adkins back.....

Has Adkins done enough at the Eagles for you to want him back though ?? I haven't seen much of the Coasters this season but if the press etc are anything to go by, he hasn't set the world on fire.

TheSheik 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:37 am

Tess wrote:
Can someone tell this man I am not talking to him!

At least you called me a man !! Wink

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:53 am

TheSheik wrote:
lethalburns wrote:
McGough. I said it from day 1, this kid has no place in a team with so many blue collar players. Big heart, no skill, no pace.

McGough has a quality that just can't be taught and that's a never-say-die attitude. He will give you 100% 100% of the time, no short steps, no flinching & damn gutsy too !!

If you don't want him, tell him to turn up to Princes Park for pre-season training, we can use a player with those qualities. Pagan would nearly wet himself if McGough crossed over to the Blues, he is just the sort of player that Pagan likes to have in the team.

Now Sheik, your not getting him, so p155 off back to the blue lagoon please, i'm in no mood for carlscum people today

stonedpies 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:58 am

Tess n Sheik......GET A ROOM!!!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:11 am

TheSheik wrote:
lethalburns wrote:

Hands off!! I would have Goughy on the ground for almost all of every match, not how MM plays him off the bench. He is a rare talent, and SHOULD play over 150 games at the club.

As for Adkins, yep, I'd have him back. He could be a star.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:07 pm

Our number one priority is pacy, skilful midfielders who can deliver the ball into what looks like being a potentially very talented forward/HF line next year. At the back we appear to be reasonably well covered as well with guys like Tex & Maxwell stepping up & C3 coming in also.

We need to be very aggressive at the trade table this year so here's a list of possibilities I would put on the table as bait. It looks like we need to delist about 4 or 5 as well in order to pick up new players, don't we?

No real trade value - Kinnear, Shack, Nixon, Mullins. Some delistings likely to come from this group, though would be harsh on any of the 3 kids due to very minimal senior game time.

Some possible trade value - Williams, McKee, Swan, Shaw, O'Bree. I don't see any of these guys as being in our best 22 fully fit players now or at any time in the future.

Good trade value - King, Lokan, McGough, Presti, Davis, Lockyer, Cole. All these guys are good enough to stay on our list and have talents that add a lot to our team. However, we need some bait to play with if we are to obtain some cream. None of the above list are indispensable, i.e. there are other players in the team that have similar skills, sizes etc to complement the team. BUT, we would have to get a grade 1 player before giving them up. (especially Cole!)

The rest are off limits

Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:26 pm

Andrew Williams for Judd. After that mark last night I think he might be worth something, chuck him next to Sampi and things are going to happen. If we still have the docket for Williams maybe WCE will take him back under store policy.
labrooy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:36 pm

Looks like we will have pick #7 in the draft. If we are serious about getting a player of Judd's capabilities maybe this pick and Didak for him. I don't consider Didak to be untouchable either given his performances this year.
magpie meg Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:58 pm

goughy will most likely get traded, which will kill me but sheeds and dennis both would love goughy. why oh why cant mick leave him on the ground, he is a ball magnet!!!!!!!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:34 pm

blackandwhite4life wrote:
Our number one priority is pacy, skilful midfielders who can deliver the ball into what looks like being a potentially very talented forward/HF line next year.

Thats why Stevens and Brown were number one choices for us last season. We need a skillful and quick midfielder. Thats all. We are pretty much right in all other areas. Prehaps we have too many in and under players.

Pagan would want Goughy, but not Sheeds. The Dons are too slow already. But he will stay at the club.
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 pm

"Pagan would want Goughy, but not Sheeds. The Dons are too slow already. But he will stay at the club. "

Exactly
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:19 pm

Could possibly trade the following players for something we require:
Davis, Lokan, McGough and O'Bree.
(I would only trade these players if we could get an equivalent players to plug some of our holes)

Would find it almost impossible to trade the following players and therefore are almost likely to be delisted/forced into retirement:
Williams, Kinnear, McKee, Nixon and Mullins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: