Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tanks Shopping Trolley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:34 pm
Post subject: Tanks Shopping TrolleyReply with quote

Got the day off Uni and still recovering form Mad Monday, so here goes:

As far as value for money goes these are the players I'd be having a look at and in some cases having a real red hot go at. Keep in mind we need silky midfielders, a third tall forward and any decent young tall defender we can get. Prior to popular belief I think our rucking stocks are looking very healthy. Next to the players name is a rating for how handy/how much the player would add to the team (keeping in mind how much they would cost) and hence how much effort I would put into recruiting them.
A lot of these players have had ordinary season or fallen out of favour all together but have potential to be decent to very good players. The market value of all of them is genuinley realistic with what we should have as trade bait. I can't see us trading away any really big names and therefore I won't bother listing the Judds, Pavlich's, Balls etc who we all know we would be great but realistically we just won't have the bargaining power to land them.

Matthew Bode (5.5/10). Role in side as an impact midfiedler and small forward. Good skills, similar to Didak. Not a type we desperately need but would be worth a look with his low trade value.

Chris Ladhams (5/10). See above

Tim Notting (8.5/10). Can go anywhere. Could be used as our third tall forward, can be rotated through the middle with his long right foot and I suspect could even be used in defence. Surely we could offer him more than what he'd be on at Brissie.

Luke Livingston (5/10). Would be a real risk, but he would be worth very little. Could develop into a handy tall defender one day so could be worth a look at to bolster our stocks.

Brad Fisher (5/10). Very skinny but a nice mover of the ball. One of the least I'd be interested in but I've heard rumblings he may be looking for a new home.

Ted Richards (6/10). One thats shown a bit since being moved to half back and fits our critera nicely. I'd be very wary of doing any deals with Essendon though. Sheeds would have him looking like the next Scarlett if put on the table.

James Walker (5/10). We all know his heritage. Isn't much of a player but dos have pace. Gets a fair bit of the ball also. Woudln't cost much so worth a look.

Corey Enright (6/10). Poor year through injury. Cats have an abundance of his type so may be interested in a trade. Gets plenty of the ball and can play a bit taller than his height suggests.

Steve Johnson (7/10). Unfortunately just finding some form, but would go well as our third tall forward.

Brent Moloney (8.5/10). I've already made my opinion of this bloke clear. If we want a Bucks/Burns succession plan this bloke would be very high on my list. The next Roo.

Nathan Lonie (5/10). Another softie but we all know how good his disposal is. Being woth his brother may bring the best out of the two. Low priority but would come very cheap after a terrible year.

Nathan Thompson (9/10). One of the more expensive options I'll push for simply because I think having a player like him would straighten us up and we would not only not struggle up forward anymore we would dominate. Can also pinch hit in the ruck.

Blake Grima (5/10). Saw a lot of him in juniors and is a fair player. Midfielder with good speed who has been unlucky at the Roos. Just a bit of a roughie worth a punt imo.

Steven Armstrong (5/10). Promising midfielder who has struggled with the Dees. Has a bit of pace about him.

Ryan Ferguson (6/10). Overrated by Dees fans but we need more young tall defenders coming through the ranks as I've said. If he could put some weight on he could be worth the risk.

Stuart Dew (6.5/10). As we all know out of favour a bit. Only really an impact player but he doesn't miss many and could straighten us up through the corridor a bit better.

Steven Salopek (6/10). I'd definitely want to go for him but I think Ports asking price is going to be worth a lot more than he's shown thus far.

Brent Hartigan (6/10). I can hear the groans but I don't mind him. If he could get rid of the Tiges he will come a long way. Good bloke too Wink

Brad Ottens (7/10). Much the same reason as Thompson (and the other expensive option) but I prefer Nathan who is a stronger lead rather than a one-out in the square option that Rocca should be. I'd only look at him as a last resort if we havent landed anyone decent.

Nick Fosdike (5/10). Another soild year from him. I think he would be overpriced but he moves the ball well.

Ryan O'Keefe (6/10). Did we seriously pass on him for Nixon? Any chance we can swap them back? Would solve a lot of our problems up front. Is a small but gets under a lot of teams guards.

Jason Saddington (5/10). I'd like to have him while we rebuild our defence but he would be overpriced and his recent bout of injuries are a worry. Worth a look but definitely not a high priority.

Damien Adkins (6/10). It would nearly be embarrassing to try and get him back and I don't think he'd want to come, but he is a type that would be handy. Can move the ball and has great foot skills. I think he's best is only a year or two away.

David Wirrapunda (6.5/10). I'm not his biggest fan because of his lack of accountability, but rumours suggest once again he wants to be back with Mick. Who knows whats really going on but it would be negligent not to give it some consideration. Unfortunately he is finishing the season well so his trade value may not be quite what we are willing to give.

Robert Murphy (8/10). Another highly rated one and wouldn't come cheap, but if we are serious about skillful, quick mids we should have a dip.

Daniel Giansiracusa (6.5/10). Similar to Murphy but not quite as good, and fairly soft. Would compliment our mids nicely and I think he's not far off some big seasons.

Obviously there are a lot of other players worth having a look at and hopefully a few top line players depending on what we are willing to give up, but those would be the players I would have my eye on first.

Who would you guys think the club should be looking at?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Of your list, I like:

Bode, Ladhams, Notting, Fisher, St.Johnson, Moloney, Thompson, Grima (will be a star), Dew Salopeck, Fosdike, O'Keefe, Saddington and Adkins. Murphy and Guido are overrated. Ladhams and Bode COULD/CAN kick 40 goals a season if they put their minds to it, Notting would be a star at any other club, Grima will be a future star, O'Keefe will end up with 400+ AFL goals if he doesn't move to the midfield, Fosdike is a good ordinary player and Adkins could have been the 2002 GF difference. Get him, back I say!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:53 pm

Tank, we can only hope Santa delivers this year, 'cause we got JACK last year!
However, i feel nobody wants our players, and we are not in any position to trade away 1st/2nd round draft picks to other clubs.

Slim pickings again for us i'm afraid...

Dyso

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:02 am

Correct Dyso, no one really needs anything from us. We'd need a good package to work. Lokan and O'Bree for someone? Thast an example of what we have to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: