Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How pathetic was that game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever left a game wanting to totally wipe the whole memory from my mind like I did today. I feel guilty that I am so disgusted with the teams performance. With the exception of Chrissy, and maybe Licuria, the rest of the team was woeful. What happened out there????? Everything went wrong. They had NO game plan that I could tell. The Swans didn't really need the extra assistance given to them by the umpires either. We lost it on our own.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:36 pm

I am to to emotional to post to this.I have got to think about the game. But god it hurts!!!!!

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
yarra falls end 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:40 pm

Pathetic is not the word for it. Insipid is probably closer.
It seems like the swans came to play today, and we were just not
able or willing to match their intensity.
Some of our decision making and skills were straight out of the dark days under Tony Shaw.
And just to top the weekend off, I read in the Herald Sun how we let Mark Porter slip through the net back in 96. Seems he played a couple of practice matches but Shaw & co. didnt think he was up to it.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:45 pm

Well, I certainly won't be buying the video of that one. But this is the long haul, folks. And there'll be games like that, unfortunately. It was frustrating. Nothing went right ... with the exception of that little bit of help we got from the goal umpire early in the game. The rotten bastards certainly made us pay it back ... with interest ... later on. That disallowed mark to Molly in the third quarter really hurt. And there were God-knows-how-many other umpiring cock-ups ... all of them in Sydney's favour ... all friggin' day.

We certainly lacked nothing in endeavour. It was just our finishing ability that let us down. Molly's chronic inability to kick for goal is becoming a serious liability, as much as I worship the ground the guy walks on. Neon still hasn't quite made the grade as a League footballer, but he's still got time on his side.

We badly miss the experience and football know-how of Chad Rintoul. The sooner we get him back the better.

I liked Anthony Rocca's game today. If anyone was going to turn it round today it would have been him, but luck just seemed to desert him. In fact, I think Collingwood generally just lucked out today.

They'll be back ... very soon. They're too good a side to just fall away now. I'd hate to be Melbourne on the Queen's Birthday. We will friggin' kill them.

**floreat pica**

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:45 pm

Pretenders ???
So where are we in the scheme of things ??, Today’s was an gutless performance that takes us back to June 2 and 3 years ago, . . poor skills , wrong options, failure to put the body on the line, and missed opportunities to convert. Coupled with a very lucky win last week I wonder if the players are not getting a bit beyond themselves. Sure there are signs there that we have the potential to improve, but the reality is that until we can do that in these so called “should win matches”, we are only making up the numbers. Perhaps we as supporters need to recheck our goals , because a loss like that leaves us guttered , and wondering when we will step up, and prove we are a great team. I certainly don’t want to embrace the ideals of a StKilda supporter where near enough is good enough. Unless we win , the consolation prize is ZIP

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 1:55 pm

I was like crying @ the final siren

Go Danny!
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:25 pm

This game reminded me of that game against Freo last year when they played to prove a point and we didn't even realise the game was on. Sydney flooded well and negated the avenues we usually use to score. Two on both Tarrant and Rocca whilst Lonie was defending against O'Loughlin and couldn't provide run out of defence as he has previously basically ended our chances.

There's some guys that I think are not contributing as much as they can and should. Too much left to too little is something MM is sure trying to eradicate from the mentality of the players caused by the Shaw-era.

20 scoring shots to 18 in our favor and we still lose is a concern. 7.13 wouldn't guarantee a win against Freo. I know that they practice set shots often, but our accuracy is killing them. The Hawthorn, Kangaroos, Richmond and Sydney games have been lost by us purely because of bad kicking.

Until we start kicking straight and therefore winning more games, we're not going to capitalize on the improvements that we have made in other areas.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:34 pm

I agreee Rebecca It was great to meet u today

JLC

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 3:05 pm

How bad was EVERYONE? They didn't look like they were interested at all today? I was so disappointed with todays performance, and I'm not talking about the umpires! They too were at another game, but we mainly have ourselves to blame, I reckon..

We hardly put pressure on them. Sydeny was able to play their own game, rove the packs, run in numbers, etc.. and flood! What did we do to stop them? I dont know.. I remember many occasions where we didnt run at them to tackle, and even Tarks was responsible a couple times, which just shows how bad we were. Also, when we had a couple of loose men in the backline, we didnt make use of it. These players practically sat on their arses, and were not blocking leads - very disappointing.

Wakelin has been playing pretty poorly, Freeborn doesnt look interested, and MOST PLAYERS WERE NOT INTERESTED IN GOING FOR THE BALL OR MANNING UP!

Go PIES 2001

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 3:28 pm

well rebecca u going to chat or call me or what ???

JLC

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 4:59 pm

afisher,

I agree with you about the "poor skills" and "wrong options". But the allegations of gutlessness and "failure to put the body on the line" are complete and utter bollocks. That's certainly not what I saw. I was at the Collingwood-Sydney match at Colonial Stadium. What game were you at?

This Collingwood side is magnificent. They just had a shocker of a day, that's all.

**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 5:48 pm

from what I heard on the radio, we we just crap. wasted opportunities thru bad kicking for goal (story of the season). long way to go yet folks, and although we were pitiful, we still coula pinched it given a little luck. we had a go, butsometimes you have those days! long way to go in the season still, let's be a little positive.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:26 am

Sorry, but I WOULD say there was a distinct lack of guts in at least 3 players' cases: Lane, Betheras & Freo. They all had real chances to put in a few times and simply jogged near the contest rather than sprint there and dive in. It shocked me more than anything because Betheras is usually one of the gutsiest and Freo's often right in there...as for LAne....

Broadie
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:39 am

alf
"gutless" is probably too harsh term , but it was really refelective of a couple of incidents where putting your body on the line can turn the game. A couple of times when Sydney won the ball and goaled from a lose play 20 meters out really cost us. Im sure the players hurt and would also feel that they had let themselves down when a good opportunity presents.
Perhaps 2 hours after the match is sometimes the wrong time to be review the game, but its a good time feel the pain and learn from the mistakes, not two days later when we "put it in perspective"

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 3:42 am

Well it's all very easy for you people who are sitting on the otherside of the fence to say some of our boys are gutless. Listen I'm dissapointed that we lost, we never looked like winning yet we only lost by 3 goals, not bad for a supposidly gutless side. I love the pies and even on a bad day like they had yesterday they still put up a fight. Collingwood has always played with heart and always will.

Good luck to the pies on Monday, let's get those little "go dee's " tossers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fradam Wrote This
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: