Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpire's????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:18 pm
Post subject: Umpire's????Reply with quote

Now I may sound a touched bitter and bias, but the standard of umpiring today was pathetic. It sounds like I'am whinging and many would say dont blame the ump's, but let me say some of Coates decisions border on inept and were purely ego driven. I dont doubt that he derives immense satisfaction from getting a rise from the pro-Collingwood crowd everytime he gave a free against us. Molloy's dissallowed goal deep in the forward line, Richo's touchy play on decision and Rocca's(man infront) disallowed goal were all catalysts in never allowing us to break the swanettes momentum.One other shocking incident was when Nicks of the swans created a lead to take a pass and only had an ump back his way into his path, this was pathetic again and one can only question why the hell was this umpire so close to the action (when they dont get it right anyway)??? This game is at the crossroads with what the umpires stake into every match. The AFL will lose supporters
if this continues. It frustrates me that Umpires are not answerable to the same media scrutiny (publicly) that everyone else involved in the competiton is. Geishen and his cronies keep everything in house and this is not right. Players constantly suffer in the glare of the public spectre and are made to answer re their form slumps etc etc in full view of all. The Sun has a player ratings system, why isint one devised for the Umps?????Is this a fair request??....This game is being tarnished by umpires trying to give themselves a greater sense of purpose in footballing life and its absolutley disgraceful. This post may not go any further and no-one else may actually read it but I guess I'am ventiing my frustrations here.......

Louis

[This message has been edited by DaicosForever (edited 03 June 2001).]

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The umps were very unfair, i totally agree with you. any dumb person could see that. The AFL should definately do something about it.

Go Danny!
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:40 pm

Umpires do make mistakes and make decisions based on their own personal comprehension of the rules.

But how could anybody call play-on against both Richo and N. Davis? I thought that if a player drifts more than 5 metres off the mark, then it's called play-on. Niether of them did that or even looked to play-on. Shit, Davo was standing there and the d**khead umpire put his arms up. What for?

Richo takes a running mark and was deemed to have tried to play on. How?

Finally, could anyone please tell me how far an opposition player has to be from a player who has taken a mark?....3rd Qtr Licuria had taken a mark and as he went to kick he got tackled by Schwass. I didn't realize that was permitted.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 9:13 pm

I would like to know why Tarrant was put on that angle? It reminded me of when Patto was put on a pathetic angle by the umpires once.

Seth 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 5:13 am

What a pisspoor exhibition of umpiring. Not only in the decisions made against us but also for some of the frees that we got or weren't paid against the Swans. It seemed as though the umpies were sucked in by the crowd and then would try to square up with another ridiculous free kick or whatever.

This just highlights how weak they are when they let the crowd emotions influence their thinking. These people are supoosed to be the elite umpires in the country umpiring the elite sportsmen. They have to be made publicly accountable. They pat each other on the back at the end of a game which is just disgraceful considering what pathetic people they are. They are so inconsistent it is ridiculous.

One more thing is that I actually umpired senior football a few years back and yes it was very hard but I reckon at least the fellas that I did it with were fairly consistent and well respected in that league. These guys seem to be ego driven and just want to make thier mark by being involved too much in the game. The best umpires are the ones who aren't really noticed. But no, moron after moron steps up to the line.

Something has to be done I agree or else the public will start to give up. I remember the umpires who used to have a sense of humour and gave as good as they took but they were fair and honest.

Anyway I've had my whinge.

Go Pies!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: