Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sponsors BBQ

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:36 pm
Post subject: Sponsors BBQReply with quote

Firstly, I must say thankyou to Nicks for giving myself and Mr J who never behaves the wonderful opportunity to attend the Sponsors BBQ on Saturday Morning.

We were on table Number 1 of course, as we are the Number 1 Sponsor Group!! Shacks wasn't there as he had a game to play at Williamstown, so we were dissapointed not to meet him.

Mark Mcgough was sitting with us, discussing his plans over the 6 weeks they have for the break after the Carlton game.

Scott Burns was the MC, and Nathan Buckley was the interveiwer as Scotty Cummings thought his work at SEN [??] was more important than the Sponsors. [dig dig]

One player just might pop the question when he is holidaying in Hawaii with his lovely lady. A lot of the younger ones have planned a trip to Bali for the break. A few of the interstaters are going back to see their parents and families.

There was around 15 to 20 players there, and that included high profile players.

After the BBQ we had a tour of Lexus, and my god it is WONDERFUL!!!!

Mr J told Bucks to get out of the shower as we went past the players showers, and that made a few ladies get whiplash looking around, and he was not behaving surprisingly enough. He was joking, no one was in the Showers. But the players were in their lounge, playing pool on the Black and white pool table. A pinball machine and Boxes and boxes of fruit as well. A huge bowl of snakes that a certain misbehaving fella couldn't resist.

All in all a very privledged and happy day.

When we are sponsoring a player for next year, lets try for 2 or 3 so we can get a few people at the Sponsors BBQ, it was fantastic!!!!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

fan4collingwood, you did alright getting a tour of the place.

I went to the Sponsors breakfast a few weeks ago and we didn't get a tour. Sad

We did have Scotty Cummings though so we really got a raw deal. (LOL)

It sounds like you had a good time, did you get any photos?

We'd all love to see the players lounge etc.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:00 pm

Sorry Stik, no photos, the Battery went flat!!

The Lounge looks like it is a very comfy place for the players just to veg out!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:11 pm

Awesome! Thanks for that. Great to hear about it.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:13 pm
Post subject: Re: Sponsors BBQReply with quote

fan4collingwood wrote:
Nathan Buckley was the interveiwer as Scotty Cummings thought his work at SEN [??]

Correct. He is part of 'Ralphy, Serge and thr Big Man' on weekends.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:05 pm

This report is also now up on the website:

http://nick.magpies.net/article/artcle.php?subaction=showfull&id=1093345108
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:37 pm

fan4collingwood good onya you lucky..... Smile
glad you had a good time, thanks for letting it know how it went Wink

and I think Luke has been good value for us aswell, as has the whole player sponsorship deal, great work every one involved, hope we can do it again next year, I'll be in it again.

MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:16 am

The bbq sounds like a great morning I am glad you enjoyed it.
I don't think we could have asked for a better player to sponsor, in Luke we have been able to see what it takes and what they go through before they make it regularly into the senior team. No matter what the circumstances he was always friendly and approachable. The post game drinks at Williamstown will be one of my highlights.

Sponsoring a player (perhaps even luke again) is a great idea but we will need to make a few things different for next year.
This year Marg has sure to have accumulated a few grey hairs taking care of the financial side of the sponsorship, promised contributions never arrived and it was an up hill battle sometimes.

The distribution of tickets is also something that we will need to alter for next year should we do it again, we were not aware fully of what events were available to us until just before hand this is why some of the draws were hasty and things appeared to be a little disorganised.

The bbq was one event we were aware of in advance and the problem with this event was that the people drawn to attend originally were not able to due to personal reasons which did not come up until less than a week before the event. It was not due to any miss management on the part of the sponsorship committee. I do take responsibility for the confusion on Friday regarding the two tickets being put up seperately but that was only due to a complaint from someone who had missed a previous event as they were not able to take their partner who didn't think it was fair to change the rules this time round.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:35 am

Just a suggestion, make the 2 tickets available to one person, whether its a raffle or lucky draw. It is better to be able to take a partner to such an event, but only if they are Collingwood fans. I know this would mean one sponsor would get 2 tickets, but I feel this is fair if known in advance.

If we get enough funds to sponsor 2 players then we would have double the tickets to Sponsors functions, so everyone keep that in mind when Sponsorship fund raising comes up again.

MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:52 am

We did consider the two tickets to one person idea this year, but it was decided that we would maximise everyones chance to participate in an event if we split them. With so many people involved we thought it better to have two chances to attend each event rather than just one.

Two players would be great, but with the costs involved I think that rather than allowing payments to be made up until the July cut off. We would be requesting all payments before the april payment installment. That way we aren't rushing round at the last minute trying to make up for those who have changed their mind and not told us which is what happened this year resulting in several people having to make up the difference on the very last day.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:29 pm

sorry I was one who got my money in late, it was only a small cotribution, but my apologies if I helped to make it hard for any one.

regarding fund raising, maybe we can get stuck into some extra fund raising between now and next year, I'm not sure what we could do, I don't think it fair it falls to anyone to make up the difference.
If there's anything I can do, just drop me a PM.

ps. let us know if you need any space on the website to promote it, and that goes for every one with a Nick's project or whatever, it's there for every Nickster to utilize.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:46 pm

I would just like to add my 2 cents worth

I'd like to thank the Sponsorship Committee for doing an incredible job this year, our first Sponsorship Year. The commitment by these people has been first class and greatly appreciated by myself and i'm sure others will agree.

MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:31 pm

Thank you to MagpieMad and Proud Pies for your comments Very Happy

It wasn't so much late payments that caused our dramas it was those who decided because our chosen player had not yet played senior football when the money was due that they no longer felt they needed to contribute and didn't.

It was just frustrating to encounter problems like that.

Because Nicks has such a diverse group of users we never set any mimium amount for contributions to it didn't matter to us if your contribution was $5 or $100 just so long as you followed through with it. Very Happy
Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:58 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
regarding fund raising, maybe we can get stuck into some extra fund raising between now and next year,

The Afl have instituted a $2 per person levy on every attendee at the G to pay for the new stand.
How about we collect $2 per head on every entry to the Virtual Outer?

hahahahahahahaaa........

!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:19 pm

I reckon if a player hasn't made it yet, is even more reason to support the guy. That's half the reason I contributed a small amount, because I thought it would be great to support a guy that was trying to break into the side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: