Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you consider Trade Players???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:05 pm
Post subject: Who do you consider Trade Players???Reply with quote

I was thinkin which of our players would seriously be considered trade bait. i.e. players that actually HAVE value to another team, not Kinnear and McKee Shocked ...

Like Cole, McGough, Walker, etc...

Considering some of the players to be targeted at the end of the year, JUDD, Ball, Goddard, and ?? we desperately need a quick midfielder...
Any sugesstion?? Rolling Eyes
Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade a slow midfielder lke Woewodin for a quick one. Any one. Just joking. How many slow midfielders do you want to get rid of? McGough,slow and can't kick? O'Bree,slow and is our turnover king? Let's face it. All our normal midfielders are one paced. The advent of Didak and Davis as regular midfielders shows this up even more. So how many do you want to get rid of?
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:14 pm

Thanx Canberra!!

I forgot O'Bree... hed have to be worth something to someone... maybe bulldogs, or richmond. No disrespect, but Obe One has always been a player i just cant get used to... He seems to lazy, even when he gets 30touches, it just seems he could do more...

But PLEASE MM, no more williams's... Laughing
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:20 pm

I would like to see the back of Shane O`Bree and if he isnt going to run hard at the ball Rhyce Shaw would be another I would look at. I dont agree with getting rid of McGough or Cole. Cole will eventualy become a ripsnorting midfielder. McGough has been stiff this year with O.P. and limited chances.

Delist Kinear, McKee and Williams.

Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:22 pm

Odd thing about O'Bree is his kicking. Some games this year,the more possessions he got,the better it was for the opposition. On Friday we saw what O'Bree can do. Minimal turnovers and even looked quick. Anyone else note that he seems to kick better on his left than his right. At least he may have raised his trade value.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:37 pm

The competitive reality in AFL football these days, is that you have to be prepared to give up quality to gain quality. Getting rid of our own hacks and fringe players will not pick you up a star. Trade time can be a bit of a crap shoot and only time reveils the plus/negatives of the deal done (MIchael/Molloy), But in general -when the deal is being done- you get like for like at trade time.

On that basis I would say that almost everyone on the list would be 'tradeable' if the right deal was put forward. The number of untouchables on our list would shrink dramatically if a Judd or Ball or Goddard said they wanted out of their current arrangements.

That said, players like O'Bree, Presti, Lonie, MCG, Leon, Woey, Lockyer, Swan might all be 'shopped around' to see what they could yield but, they might not yield a high enough return to trade or, some of them might not garner any interest at all.

Players like Licca and Rocca might snag some genuine potential but, we might be reluctant to lose them.

Players such as Kinnear, Stunner, Williams will bring you no interest at all and rookies like Shack, Mullins and Nixon (all of whom I think might be in trouble at year's end) will also get no interest.

To snag a Judd or someone of that caliber, we would have to be prepared to give up a Taz or a Licca or a Rocca. Would the club be willing to 'pay the price'. Some supporters would be happy to take the deal in the beleif that it brings us closer to the next flag, whilst others would find it sacreligious.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:40 pm

While everyone is saying that we should delist McKee because he's no good in the ruck, are we not seeing that he is great player when floating across half back? i really think that we could play him as a tall defender tonight. Give Josh all the ruck duties (he should take Hille and Laycock to the cleaners), and that will allow Stunning to play as a defender. He's a great mark, and a pretty good kick. One of the main reasons he's not a very good ruckman is because he's not all that tall... other ruckmen jump all over him, and use their bulk to their advantage. All is not lost for Stunning. I think he'll play a ripper tonight!.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:57 pm

With Ruck options of:

Richards,
Josh,
C. Cloke (pinch hitting),
Rocca (pinch hitting),
Crowe,
Walker (pinch hitting)
and then a very promising Fanning (2 meters tall at that) on the rookie list, I think Stunners days are definitely numbered.

If he is to be considered purely as a 'floating' tall-backmen I think that pushes him even further down the pecking order.

As we have seen with Jason Cloke this year, clubs have worked out that aspect of our game plan very well and made it very hard for us to play a loose tall in defense.

Stunner's upsides are that he can read the play well, can hold a mark, is reasonably good in traffic and has very neat skills by hand and foot.
His downsides however, are that he cannot jump, couldn't buy a tap-out even if they sold them on the merchandise stand out the front of the ground and is a lumbering, loping old-fashioned tall without the 'big-frame' normally required by those types if they are to make it.

Will be very lucky to stay on our list at year's end for mine.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:27 pm

Why get rid of Cole? He will be a star for Collingwood for the years to come.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:17 am

YOu might be able to trade Stunner plus a draft pick for a slightly higher pick, that's about all you'd get for him I'd say.
I htink woey is our only highly tradable player that we can afford to lose. Maybe LIcca but for morale reasons that is probably out of the question.
As far as midfield, we will have a quick midfield with Davis, Cole, Johnno, Lonie, Rhyce, Didak (not super quick but makes up for it), Lokan (if not delisted) all able play midfield next year, then also up and coming young speedsters that may be able to play midfield next year - Leonard, shaws, Rowe. Mullins, Swan (not sure how speedy he is but). Brodie is reasonably quick and has become a dangerous attacking midfielder.
I don't see a particular need to obtain speedy midfielders. Maybe an out-and-out star, but I think that would have to be someone home-grown since we don't have the picks or the tradables. But one or more of the above-mentioned are likely to emerge as stars of the game next season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: