Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Social club members - Eddie's had enough!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:00 pm
Post subject: social club memebers eddie's had enoughReply with quote

Agree Mark T, let us know what you want and how best to achieve what you want and if it can be done, it will be.
Best facilities, at the best grounds, for the best games with the maximum amount in Melbourne. That's what we are trying to achieve. By 2006 it will be a reality. In the meantime let's work together to come up with the best possible solution. I'm sure people will feel more comfortable about being uncomfortable if they know they are being listened to.
You are. That I can assure. Eddie.
Melsa5 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though things are a bit different at the moment, it is worth still being a Social Club Member because all the money goes to the Club. That's why I am sticking with it. If we ride this wave now I am sure we will hit the big one later on.

The Lexus Centre definately helps us get through this time!
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:30 pm

OMG, he's found his password.......there's no stopping him now!!

Ed, thanks. I can only respond on my own behalf in that all I wanted was for the Club to actually listen and not offer what we felt was lip service. With both your posts and David Emersons' posts of yesterday, we now actually believe that we're being listened to and I can only say what I said to David, thank you.

You've both addressed the issue about the tables and well, now I feel that we can actually attend next Friday night straight from work, have a meal and then go and enjoy us belting Port. The same can be hopefully be done for the last game against Carlton.

Now about our seating arrangements for 2006.............................

oops, better put in my justification in commenting....
Social Club Member 05446

excuse any errors, the PA quit!

Last edited by Proud Pies on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:37 pm

Well said Eddie. Basically my view is that the club needs to be given the time to put everything in place and rectify all the problems. Not everything can be achieved overnight as Rome was not built in a day! I sit in amazement as to how much the club has actually achieved over the past 5 years. I am also certain that by 2006, Collingwood will have in place facilities for all players, officials and supporters that will be the envy of the competition.
Having said that when you have over 10,000 Social Club Members, you just can't please everyone and someone will always be unhappy.

Keep up the good work Ed!
Social Club Member 05645
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:55 pm

As stated in the other thread with a simliar heading we all know it's Ed and his merry men who've turned our great club around.

FACT 1: Ed has already said what's in place to rectify the situation for the last 3 weeks....no ducks and drakes or false promise. Ed's a man of his word.

Ed, you are looking for suggestions:

1. I swear I'm not taking the mickey here, just observing and then suggesting. From reading these forums I'll summise that there seems to be a some ill will between the interstate supporter groups and a dept in the CFC. The interstate supporter groups don't feel as though they have received much support, particularly when the pies fly interstate for a game.

SUGGESTION: Have someone from the club work with the interstate supporter groups....as work along side them. I realise I've only heard one side of the story but complaints came from the sydney, brissy and Perth functions. That's 3...and the percentages don't look good, particularly after rave reviews from Sydney and Brissy functions from previous years orgnanised by supporter groups.

The point being there seems to be an overwhelming dictatorship being applied rather that trying to work together. Enhance the team by getting this person/group to work along side the interstate supporter groups. I'll bet my bottom dollar that the communication with interstate supporter groups was already in place right? It seems there's been a communication breakdown. Communication is the key...teamwork is the key. I'm sure the buzz that the interstate supporter groups would get from being "included" in the plans of the cfc would be huge. Remember, many hands make light work.

Thanks again Ed for the replies.... as before, I don't expect a reply... I'm just making a suggestion to be read by someone from the CFC.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:17 pm

Thank you Eddie. I hear where you are coming from and my saying you only care about corporate's is a perception thing. I see us eating off the floor and them eating at lovely tables. Sorry if I get pissed off, but you can see why at least.

Will be watching with eyes wide open the next three games.

I am glad you have taken time to respond and that means a lot to me and others as well.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:23 pm

Culprit wrote:

Will be watching with eyes wide open the next three games.

I am glad you have taken time to respond and that means a lot to me and others as well.

it's not a home game this week Sad Just round 21 and 22

DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:02 pm

Eddie, as per Blanch's comments eariler about interstate supporters groups, I would like to put my hand up to assist in this department.

As you know, im a member of the Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club, aka Sydney Pies, and It was us who organised the function in sydney for the cheersquad and supporters to attend, FOC.

My contact details are in my profile, my e-mail etc. Get someone, or yourself (i know your busy, just like myself!) to contact me and like I say I will put my hand up to help.

We support the club interstate too and we make up a fair bit of the crowd when the club travels north and interstate also (being interstate supporters).

The hand is up, im just waiting for a call/email...

magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:29 pm
Post subject: Re Interstate Supporters & supporter GroupsReply with quote

I too, as President of the Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club, would like some answers on why we and other interstaters get the short shrift. I have had no problems dealing with Bree, she does a great job, but her hands have obviously been tied by others up the ladder.

It seems that being a player sponsor from interstate is not an added advantage.

A tailored and negotiated sponsorship package for interstaters should be able to be sought rather than just have a discount on the generic package.

I too am available for discussion on a few issues. I'll even be in Melbourne next week for the Port game if you want a face to face, cold hard facts discussion in preference to trading negatives on here.

Rod
President
SCSC

Last edited by magpiefanatic on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:39 pm

Thanks Blanch

I think that issue needs to be raised as well.....The Northern Army is pretty much dead and burried now, and the details that have come to light since conversations I have had with the events department leave me pretty disheartened. Maybe this is for another thread, but hopefully something can be done to rectify the problems that are apparent in the Supporters Group Department. Or are they only apparent to us? Who Knows....

Cheers

(ok, I will put it in)

Greg Hatch
President - QCSC - The Northern Army

Last edited by Northern Pie on Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:47 pm

Northern Pie,

Your Mum oughta be knighted for that magnificient quote. It typifies what being a Collingwood supporter is all about...wherever you are...even outside Victoria.

Cheers

Rod
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:23 am

thanks MF>..she is a gem mate.....

Cheers

droche 2004 Capricorn

Buckley My Pussy (cat)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:33 am
Post subject: Re: social club memebers eddie's had enoughReply with quote

the president wrote:
Agree Mark T, let us know what you want and how best to achieve what you want and if it can be done, it will be.
Best facilities, at the best grounds, for the best games with the maximum amount in Melbourne. That's what we are trying to achieve. By 2006 it will be a reality. In the meantime let's work together to come up with the best possible solution. I'm sure people will feel more comfortable about being uncomfortable if they know they are being listened to.
You are. That I can assure. Eddie.

Thanks for coming Eddie, if only you were here this time last year.

There was about 36 pages on a different subject (don’t mention the war)

Anyway good to see that you are listening.

Get the boys fired up for the next 3 weeks, we want to beat them all, Hate Essendon Hate Port and Hate Carlton.

Question, What tables?

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:08 am

Some more interesting stuff here.

Thanks Eddie for responding to everyone. Thanks also for all you've done for us. “Us” of course is Collingwood. So long as we all feel that "us" is Collingwood we will remain the great club we are and always have been. To that end listening and acting are keys.

As regards the social club, as I said, it isn't a huge big deal for me personally. All I can say is the times I have ventured in I have not stayed or returned for a while. I would like the social club to be a place where members want to spend time. How you achieve that is difficult because different people want different things. Basically from my perspective the room has to reek of Collingwood, have quality food to encourage people to eat there rather than at the other venue venders, quality service and be clean and inviting. When I have been in there has been greasy fish and dry chips lying in the Bain mare, rubbish on the floor, no where to sit to eat and it has taken a while to be serviced by surely staff going thorough the motions. No doubt the members are the ones responsible for the rubbish on the floor etc and they should take more responsibility themselves for looking after a Collingwood place. However I am a practical person and if they don’t you can complain about that and achieve little or do something about it. The doing something could just be asking over the PA for some respect from the punters or it could be the staff doing some tidying. This is small potatoes no doubt but it makes an impression.

Just re Lexus, I have some concerns. Not about the quality of the facility but about the likelihood that people will go back after the game in numbers. Whenever you have to move people you loose a good portion of them. In that case the facilities at the G have to be good in order to satisfy the ones who don’t go across to Lexus as well as just provide quality to all those that attend the facilities at the ground. It's easy to say we provide a facility at Lexus and you should walk across but some people have families to move, some have physical problems and some are just plain apathetic. Nevertheless they are important people for what they add even if it is merely membership dollars and a voice in a Collingwood roar. Never underestimate the impact and even the selling power of something as fundamental as a Collingwood roar when we kick the first goal of a match.

Also, the comments Tess made about space are a concern. I’m sure there is much we could about it but I’d be concerned if we lack space in the new stand. I’d hope that if we are going to bring numbers to the G in the new stand they are adequately accommodated by the facilities we are provided.

Lastly, in relation to membership in general, I’d just like to say to everyone, you should all be members and preferably social club members. Of course that may be ruled affordability in your own situation but if you can afford it you should get on board. Especially social club membership. That way you get a vote and you can help determine who runs our club while you make the financial contribution that can set our club apart. Not so long ago our club drifted aimlessly and we all let that go on for too long. NEVER AGAIN!
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:23 am

All I would like is some pictures, via a link here or on the official CFC site, to see what the Lexus Centre looks like, some pictures, a tour just some information please. For us Interstate supporters and others that haven't had the opportunity to visit the Lexus centre as yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: