Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finals chances.....???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:17 pm
Post subject: Finals chances.....???Reply with quote

How long does everyone reckon before we're serious contenders for the top four finalist positions, I think we're finally getting our act together and although I know it's still early and we all had this same feeling early in the 2000 season for once i think it's genuine. Our forward line is fantastic, how can you beat the likes of Tarrant, Molloy Rocca etc. Our midfield is excellent and our backline is proving to be much the same, with the inclusion of burns hopefully soon it will be unbeatable. The young boys are starting to develop more and more into experienced footballers and to top it off our cheersquad is just wicked and seems to be a lot to do with bringing them over the line. I'm not hoping too much for a top four position this year but I think it won't be too long before we're there. Malthouse is a great coach and is doing great things for the club along with eddie.
... hopefully this isn't another dissappointing year after a big build up for us, things seem to be happening down at collingwood and i like what i'm seeing. What does everyone else think?

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Jono-#26*`~-_
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We are definately a top 8 side, but as for the top 4 I think we are about 2 players short of that. Probably a ruckmen to help Josh so Rocca can stay forward, and a defender with good foot skills who can run off half back along with Lonie and Davis.

MM will obviously get what he needs at the end of this year to put the finishing touches on his Grand Plan!

Then he'll unleash the Mighty Magpies to take over the AFL!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:56 pm

I think we can finish top four. We should not underestimate our ability. We have played all the good teams not that there are many and have not been embarrassed in any and really could have won a few more!!

I believe that Collingwood supporters should aim high and get behind the young team and believe in them!!!!!!!!!!!

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 1:09 pm

Good point JLC. The higher we aim, the higher we'll achieve.

Just worried about players like Scotland, Kinnear, Wasley and Tuckey coz they are the players that MM is looking for to step up. From watching Williamstown a few times this year and from reports of the other games, they're not pushing the fringe players in the senior team as much as you would expect.

I'd like to see Scotland thrown in to the deep end coz I really think he can play.

We had a problem with our 7th-22nd players which we have fixed. Now the gap between 20th-30th ranked players seems to be the cause for concern.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 1:11 pm

we might actually get into the finals this year, i think saying we would win is a bit much but at least we're getting there.
bloody hawthorn think theyre so good just cos they won their 1st 8 but then got hammered when they played a good team for once. we are ahead of them i reckon, at least we gave essendon a run for their money, unlike hawthorn.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 1:20 pm

I believe the depth is there this year. Adkins who was one of our most promising youngsters last year has not played a game all year. Chad Rintoul will slot nicely back into the team as well. Then you have Scott Burns one of our best players in the past 3 or 4 years. Scott Burns is an absoloute gun. There is Alan Didak who can step up when required. Even Ukovic is a handy versatile player when he gets the chance to play and is free of injury.

Ask Prestigiacomo whether he belives there is competiton this year for spots in the team. Or ask Betheras who in past years has been a gun but this year his game time has been limited. I might add i still believe Rupert is the ultimate team player and a credit to the club.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 1:28 pm

Slot a decent ruckman into this side and the sky is the limit.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 4:49 pm

I heard Tarkyn say on the TV this morning that the team had, pre-season, set themselves the goal of a top 4 finish.
If the players believe it then who am I to disagree?

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 4:46 am

hmmmmm
I think we mgiht ahve a chance for fianls this year, the next month and a half is a real test, because we need to beat those sides that are struggling and below us. With our fairly ahrd second half of the season draw, we need to get these games in the 'win' column.
Teams usually need 11-12 wins to make the eight, therefore we have to win about 6-7 out of our remaining 13 games. I think we can do it, but the maggies have to keep the intensity up.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 10:23 am

When we make the finals, be it this year or next we will push any team we play to the limit. I can't see us making the finals and just being happy with that, I believe that our players would push the top teams very hard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Unwitten Law]-[RATM]- [Rammstein]-[One Dollar Short]-[Linkin Park]-
[(HED)P.E.]-[Frenzal]-[28Days]-[Millencolin]-[Limp]-[Pennywise]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 3:11 pm

I just want to go watch the Pies in a final.
The last time was 1992, when we won 18 games and had to play the Saints at waverly in an elimination final.

Geez that was a long time ago...

GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 11:26 am

YEAH I HOPE WE MAKE IT AND BRISBANE DONT SO WE CAN STICK IT UP MAL MICHEALS ARSE WHEN HE BAGGED OUR CLUB AND OUR LIST LAST YEAR
GO JARROD

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 11:31 am

grrr, don't mention money bags michael, he makes me sick!

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Jono-#26*`~-_
Woodsman 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 3:33 pm

I think that the club appears to be in a very strong position in the next 3-4 years providing we are able to keep the players we have. My biggest fear is the fact that we have been paying these players, the majority of which are 19-20 year olds, 95% of the salary cap figure.

As these players are improving it will no doubt place a strain to the club to be able to meet all the players financial expectations. I hope that the clubs culture, as in Essendons case, will enable the pies to keep some of these players for less money then would be otherwise available at other clubs.

I believe that the club has been aware of this situation by allowing Rocca, Williams and Michael to depart at the end of the season. All were highly paid underachievers. Lets hope that our team can stay untouched and we can continue to bring in young kids through the draft. This will hopefully avoid the great void we have all suffered in the past 7 years.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 4:00 pm

remember that dick head wanker germit dermit beriton said that we have the weakest list in the league and will be wooden spooners.
What a tosser and wanker at least the MIGHTY MAGPIES pushed essendon to the limit. not like his beloved dorks hawks they were killed and shited on.
Go and get a life germit the dermit. you tosser.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: